Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#288244 01/26/21 02:16 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Story is here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthre...-response-ten-minutes-ago-1-1#Post288243

Song is "Ten Minutes Ago" from Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.

Ten minutes ago, I saw you,
I looked up as you came through the door.
My head started reeling,
You gave me the feeling
The room had no ceiling or floor...

https://www.metrolyrics.com/ten-minutes-ago-lyrics-cinderella.html

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 01/26/21 02:19 PM.

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love it, and can’t wait to see the sequel. I Am impressed by how you can take a series of seemingly unrelated challenges and weave your responses into a coherent multi-story series.

Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He could hear her, but couldn’t answer. He shifted so that he could look into her eyes, silently trying to reassure her. He wanted to tell her that he would be fine; and for some reason, he desperately wanted her to know that a good horse was like a member of the family.

That is the best quote ever! Piece by tantalizing piece, Clark is getting his memory back.

Please keep going with this series of fics. grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I love it, and can’t wait to see the sequel. I Am impressed by how you can take a series of seemingly unrelated challenges and weave your responses into a coherent multi-story series.

Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

Thanks, Lynn! smile This one was the hardest one yet, even though the song itself should be the easiest possible song to write around. XD. (For the record: there's a YouTuber who summarizes myths and then sings a relevant song at the end. I picked a video I hadn't seen before, but since it was Psyche and Eros, there was a good chance it'd be something workable. Is that cheating? *g*)

Originally Posted by Morgana
That is the best quote ever! Piece by tantalizing piece, Clark is getting his memory back.

Please keep going with this series of fics. grovel

Thanks, Morgana! ^_^ I plan to continue, but I'm half afraid that right after I announce my plans to ride this train to the end of the line, That One Challenge will pop up and I'll have to either quit the series or end my little game. Ah well, we shall see. ^.^

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You can borrow Polyskitsodia if you want to. She's mellowed out right now - she just put a "YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO US!!!!" ending to a story on which I'm still doing alpha passes. (Spoiler: it's not my next offering.)

This little series is absolutely brilliant. I envy your ability to pull things like this out of multiple challenges, link them together in a reasonable and coherent fashion, and make us laugh and cry at the same time.

I loved the "good horse" line too. It's actually quite fitting that this fortune came back to him at that point. Wonderful job, Mary, simply wonderful.

My favorite, though, was

Nigerian princesses did not impress her, but helpful spacemen did

It just seems - perfect.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
You've got the wrong nick, girl. We should alter it to 'Queen of the Challenges'.

I love what you're doing with this story. Besides the first in the series, this is my favorite, so far. Clark is finally regaining his memory. hyper

You've got quite a talent! Thank you for sharing this story.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Lovely!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part, looking forward to more.

Framework4
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just catching up with this wonderful series. Loved the last paragraph!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww, loved it! So glad to see him getting shreds of his identity and memory back! More please!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A little more to the story unfolds! As always a wonderful take on this interesting world you're developing. clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

Clark shut off the television. The memorial service for Superman was only an hour in
Oh boy. So, how is Caspar doing?

With a smile, he rose to help her as she struggled with the bags of groceries… …and the room disappeared. Clark blinked. He was floating, adrift in the endless vacuum of space. Eternity stretched above him, below him, and on all sides.
Oh, he has evolved. He’s now Superman 2.0, capable of teleporting and molecular manipulation.

Nigerian princesses did not impress her,
Oooh, what if the Nigerian Princess was actually a classic Nigerian-Prince scam he fell for evil Or she’s writing him during Season 1 and Lois isn't believing it and tries to prove that it’s a scam?

Clark sucked in a breath. The air rushed into him without resistance, but he still pulled at it greedily, trying to dispel the memory of empty lungs. “Clark!” There were footsteps, and feet, and now his head was being lifted onto Lois’s lap.
Is he still sucking in air? Could he accidentally suck in Lois’s clothes?

and for some reason, he desperately wanted her to know that a good horse was like a member of the family.
laugh

And hey, where is the rest ? cat /Heads to next story/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard