Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#288164 01/11/21 03:55 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is here. http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/288163#Post288163

It's 2am and I have work tomorrow. Goodnight! thud

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy cow, Queenie!

All the feels! clap

Well done! Thank you!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Wow, this was powerful. Well done!

But I have to point out a typo: The heading said, "Scraps (1/1)." You did mean it to say "Scraps (1/10)". Right? Right? grovel (Please don't leave us hanging like this.)

Be well,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh man, the gut punch! Well done! Short and powerful - please consider adding to it though!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This happens to be the sequel to Challenge #1, doesn't it?
Well done, Queenie!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aw, thanks, guys! ^_^

Bakasi: Yup! laugh. And thanks. ^^
V: Thank you for the challenge! laugh

Everyone asking for more: we'll see. smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
The intensity of the dire situation Lois and her family are in is conveyed very powerfully! Knowing that her husband has saved billions and yet cannot remember having ever donned the cape is so very painful...

Yeah, you gotta finish this!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Very powerful.

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
OMG gahhhhhh. whinging How heartbreaking! How did you manage to put so many feels into so few words??? This was amazingly well-written…and I love that you’re not spelling everything out through exposition/introspection. Really, really great! (And also… I think I’ve read a few of these little ones relating to Clark losing his memory… ACK… I need a TOC for the series! I’m sure I’ll come across the first one soon, but this one can honestly stand on its own. Did I mention it was heartbreaking?? I need to go find some waff…stat!

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Aww, poor Clark!

(There's a previous piece? I don't remember if I've read it. I second Sara's suggestion for a TOC!)

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Mary!

So, you did do an epic?

awkwardly adjusting his glasses. Sometimes, he claimed that wearing them felt right and natural, as if he could subconsciously remember always having them on. Other times, he seemed to regard them as some kind of prank she and his parents were playing on him, and they would have to explain the whole Clark/Superman thing again.
laugh Did they explain already that Superman doesn’t lie? She shouldn’t claim they feel natural. At all.

Lois said nothing as she stared at the cheap burner phone he had found vibrating in their nightstand. He had assumed it was hers.
So, he investigated their home? What if it was a booty call for Lois? He should be more careful what he looks into.

He might not remember it yet, but she would certainly never forget it, or what his having it had led to.

22:30.
174 Finger St W Bludhaven.
Possible K.
/scratches head/ Kryptonite. Yes. Bloodhaven means Nightwing. Nightwing means Batman. (okay, I read Recycling first)

she might have cut loose with a profanity-laden tirade against the people who had given him both this phone and, by the look of it, another invitation to suicide since the last one clearly hadn’t worked.
Mad at the Bat-family?

“Don’t worry about it,” she said, and her voice sounded unnaturally calm even to her own ears. She put the phone in her pocket, resisting the urge to smash it.
[Linked Image]

Lois gave an involuntary start, then whirled around. No one was there. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as a nearby shadow moved.

“If you have business with Giovanni--" the voice began.

“I have business with YOU!” Lois snapped, rage once again surging to the fore.
Must be Nightwing.

A dark figure stepped in front of her, its pointed ears and glowing eyes looking almost demonic
No, Batman?
NIGHTWING: mad What’s *he* doing in *my* city?

“Do you really?!” she snapped, waving the phone in his stupid, vigilante face.
She would never do this with Superman.
LOIS: Superman’s not a stupid vigilante. He’s a dreamy hero.

“Because it must take an amazing amount of obliviousness to send someone out to near-certain death, lose all contact and not hear from him in weeks, and then text him to see if he wants to come play with Kryptonite!”
BATMAN: But he’s alive. There’s an article about it in the Daily Planet. I get back out there the next day, even after I catch Joker and Poison Ivy in-flagrante…

PAM: mad I would never…I mean, yes, did set Joker on fire…/counts fingers/ hmm… no, that was acid…three times. So you could say you caught me while Joker was on fire, but I would never let his pasty white man fingers *touch* me. Ick ick ick.

Her voice rang out through the quiet of the junkyard. “Do you people not have any sense, or do you just not care?!”
NIGHTWING: He’s having an anti-social personality disorder. You’d get more care out of a Borg drone.
ROBIN: Seven of Nine! drool
NIGHTWING: Shut up.
SELINA: I should mention he is in desperate need of a personality transplant…

For a moment, he was silent. “It was a test,” he replied. “If he were really…gone…he wouldn’t answer.”
jawdrop
LOIS: You…you… dizzy Any *normal* person would just knock on his *front door*!

She threw the phone down hard. It hit the concrete with a satisfying crack, scattering pieces of plastic every which way.
So, not bat equipment.

A gloved hand came to rest on her shoulder. “I know it’s a cold comfort, but he saved billions of lives.”
Wouldn’t it be fun, if that was an anthill he protected?

She nodded mutely, staring down at the shattered pieces of the phone. She idly kicked them: nothing but scraps.
mecry Powerfully written clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard