Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nice start.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful beginning, loved that Cat is still trying to claim an evening with Clark.
Shows how insecure Cat is. I’m hoping your Cat and her gossiping friend get their just rewards in your tale.

Sidebar
Tracy Scoggin was born in November 1953. So 40 when the show began. Dean Cain was born in July 1966. So 27 when the show began.

Cat’s background in the comics has been redone several times but the one I think suits the L&C Cat is where her husband dumps at 39 for the 19 year old Nanny. Explained her insecurities.

Framework4
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful beginning, loved that Cat is still trying to claim an evening with Clark.
Shows how insecure Cat is. I’m hoping your Cat and her gossiping friend get their just rewards in your tale.

We'll see about that. However, thanks to your comment I noticed a lose end that needs fixing. And I love the idea you put in my head, Framework. Thank you!

@ ScifiJoan: Thank you for your feedback

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Before I started reading, I saw the story designation of 1/1. However, after reading the feedback, I am incredibly relieved that there will be more parts. As I reached the end, I kept mentally screaming, “You can’t be serious, you can’t stop here!” shock Looking forward to reading more.

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Oh, nice start to your Story, looking Forward to what may come. And yes, the 1/1 in the Headline combined with the TBC note is confusing.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Oh, nice start to your Story, looking Forward to what may come. And yes, the 1/1 in the Headline combined with the TBC note is confusing.

I see why that might be confusing. When I posted this story all hell broke loose, i.e. my son woke up. He has a talent for doing that at the most inopportune moments. No, Jimmy isn't his father.

Thank you both for your feedback, Blindpassenger and SupesFan

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ooh I like this glimpse into Lois’ thoughts and insecurities around men and starting a relationship with Clark. Excited for the next one.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yes! So glad you overcame the writer's block and this story was finally posted! It is a sweet little surprise and just what we need at year's end.

Poor Lois, she should have told Mandy and Cat to take a hike and not worry about their inane chatter. Clark is just not that kind of guy!

Lois had another look at her watch. Only a few hours left. So what was the appropriate dress code for a federal disaster? Formal or casual?

Oh good grief! Where were you in 1986? This was just about my very thought when I went on a blind date with a corporate lawyer. When we both agreed it was a disaster of the funniest kind we were able to enjoy our drinks, thanks each other for a pleasant forty-five minutes of conversation about the Mets and went our separate ways. Thanks for the chuckle!

Bring on the next part! dance

Last edited by Morgana; 12/20/20 04:27 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh good grief! Where were you in 1986? This was just about my very thought when I went on a blind date with a corporate lawyer. When we both agreed it was a disaster of the funniest kind we were able to enjoy our drinks, thanks each other for a pleasant forty-five minutes of conversation about the Mets and went our separate ways. Thanks for the chuckle!

Bring on the next part! dance

I was a toddler in 1986, definitely too young to give you my two cents on dating, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your feedback, Morgana, you're making my day.

@jackiek: I'm glad you're enjoying this story so far

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard