Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings all! Its been awhile.

A belated thanks to AnnieB for the great beta work!

Last edited by Morgana; 11/08/20 03:02 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I opened this story on October 31. A new story from you was no trick but what a treat! I have missed your superb writing. You said “Its been a while....”. Well, you are worth the wait. wave The drought is over! I was right there; seeing and experiencing this opening salvo. I felt like I was standing right next to them; a part of their conversation. Poignant. Longing.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Always nice to read a fic from you.
So Clark is about to set off into the world.... Looking forward to what paths he'll choose and make with the wisdom his parents have given him.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

I like what I've read so far. It was a nice start. I could imagine being on that field with Clark. Looking forward to more of this story

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
SupesFan

I opened this story on October 31. A new story from you was no trick but what a treat! I have missed your superb writing. You said “Its been a while....”. Well, you are worth the wait. wave The drought is over! I was right there; seeing and experiencing this opening salvo. I felt like I was standing right next to them; a part of their conversation. Poignant. Longing.

Thank you so much for the lovely comment, it was very encouraging! thumbsup

Whew! It has been a long drought! Between all the challenges we have faced this year and work keeping me on the edge of my seat, it was so pleasant to have time for a little writing.

Clark has a warm relationship with his father. The conversation is similar to the one in the pilot where Jonathan tells him he is more suited for city life than being a farmer. It is also a way for me to give a tiny tribute to the late Eddie Jones who really made Jonathan Kent a complete person. He is missed.

The next part should be up some time next week which will tell Lois' side of the story.

Last edited by Morgana; 11/04/20 12:29 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ah, what a lovely start! Glad to see you're back. I love your descriptive writing. And the conversation between Jonathan and Clark was delightful. So nice to see Jonathan and Martha understanding Clark's need to live and work elsewhere. Definitely one of the marks of great parents. I always enjoyed their functional family relationship. Looking forward to more. hyper

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
BlueOwl

So Clark is about to set off into the world.... Looking forward to what paths he'll choose and make with the wisdom his parents have given him.

It is so true, the Kents through their gentle love and guidance have made Clark into the man Lois fell in love with. This short story will show how his experiences in other lands helped with that shaping.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bakasi

I like what I've read so far. It was a nice start. I could imagine being on that field with Clark. Looking forward to more of this story

Clark had a number of major decisions to make and this was the best place to contemplate them. Jonathan, as we have all seen, is the go to person for listening. I plan on posting Part Two next week. RL has been nothing but a beast lately. wink

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cuidadora

Ah, what a lovely start! Glad to see you're back. I love your descriptive writing. And the conversation between Jonathan and Clark was delightful. So nice to see Jonathan and Martha understanding Clark's need to live and work elsewhere. Definitely one of the marks of great parents. I always enjoyed their functional family relationship. Looking forward to more.

The Kents are one of the reasons I truly enjoyed this series. Clark was not so alone. His life seemed richer with parents he could talk with on just about any subject. They also were wise enough to know when to let he step out into the world without fear of someone discovering the secret.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back to the boards. It is truly appreciated. wave

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard