Next Thread
Print Thread
#287681 09/17/20 11:29 PM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I think I must have a kind of reputation on these boards, and it's not all that positive.

Many years ago, Tank Wilson dubbed me "king of the open endings" because I have a habit of stopping the tale at what I think is a good place to make the point and leaving the readers to imagine "the rest of the story," as the late Paul Harvey used to say. That title fits my writing style, I think.

But I've posted some other stories which didn't garner much praise. Others generated feedback that was downright polarizing. A few even criticized me personally. And maybe it's the drift toward shorter and lighter fare that has affected the volume of readership and feedback on my last few epics.

Maybe it's not.

At any rate, I have a romance novel in Beta stage that needs a team of willing helpers to show me where I've gone wrong and where I've gone right. Three would be nice, but four would be even better.

I rarely promise anything about my tales, but about this one I have the following promises.

No one dies. (I'm told it's important to know this up front.)

No major or any named character is physically injured.

Superman is there, but he definitely takes a back seat to Clark.

The story is about building a relationship after a tragedy.

As with many of my projects, it's longer than I anticipated, but I think everything in there is necessary. Please email me, reply to this post, or sent me a private message if you're willing to take the leap with me.

I hope to hear from y'all soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry,

Since this is starting to become a habit, you don't happen to have a subscription option available, do you wink

Disclaimer: for the next couple of months, I'm expecting I won't be able to do more than a single (normal-sized) part per week. If they go way beyond 4k words, it might be two weeks, depending on how much time I must allocate for stuff not related to beta-reading.

SNARKY BETA: What do you mean, just one part per week?

MICHAEL: You know perfectly well what this means. Also, who told you to butt in?

SNARKY BETA: Terry was asking for a beta TEAM. What's who.

MICHAEL: Terry's not referring to multiple personalities. He means other *humans*. At least I think he does. [Linked Image] Sorry about that, Terry. I think SB is just ticked off that I still haven't re-posted the fun feedback for Veterans.

SNARKY BETA: So now I'm not even a *human*? spider

MICHAEL: Terry, as I was saying, please ignore SB, he hasn't had much chance to joy ride recently.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thanks, Michael. I'll certainly keep you in mind. And if SB wants to contribute, that's okay too. But I'm only counting you as a single entity. Individual humans are definitely preferred.

Additional personalities, however they manifest in the individual humans, are also welcome.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
When I'm on the boards, I sometimes click on my name and select "Who's Online" just for fun. Today I found this thread, one I'd forgotten, where I was inducted into the Fellowship of Evil Writers.

Just food for thought, potential betas.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I have one volunteer. Do I have two? Two? Two, going once, going twice -

I'd hold an auction if I thought anyone would bid. Seriously, though, I'd like to pick up a couple more adventurous and willing Betas. I've found that they're the lifeblood of fanfic. Even professional writers use them for longer works.

Come on, it'll be fun! [Linked Image] I promise.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So, I can’t promise how much good I will be able to do - since this would be my first Beta.
But if you are willing to take a chance with me - count me in. I should add: English is not my first language. Contact me if you want to know more.

Kathryn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I have one volunteer. Do I have two? Two? Two, going once, going twice -

I'd hold an auction if I thought anyone would bid. Seriously, though, I'd like to pick up a couple more adventurous and willing Betas. I've found that they're the lifeblood of fanfic. Even professional writers use them for longer works.

Come on, it'll be fun! [Linked Image] I promise.

As tempting as this is I'm going to have to pass this time, but wish you luck on your fic. I've got too much going on with school, work, parenthood, family and such.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard