Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287748 09/28/20 12:33 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
If you recall the fic, "Running With the Devil" this is an expansion on that fic which shows us just what happened when Tempus took a trip to the timeline of the Pheonix and distorted things.

All comments are welcome as always. This is a short one. Three chapters and a teaser in total.

[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tempus is responsible for chaos of 2020? Makes sense.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a combination! Tempus and Luthor working together? Let the games begin!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I once received a card that said “Cheer up, things could be worse.” I opened the card and it continued, “I cheered up and sure enough things got worse!” Just as our beloved couple are trying to move forward in their relationship, sure enough, things get worse. Tempus and Luthor came riding into town. Looking forward to reading how you plan to “run them out of town!” lol

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Tempus is responsible for chaos of 2020? Makes sense.

lol Hey AnnieB!

Yes, I figured it was the best explanation for the events of 2020.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
What a combination! Tempus and Luthor working together? Let the games begin!!

Hey Morgana!

Yes, these two should be an interesting untrustworthy combo. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by SupesFan
I once received a card that said “Cheer up, things could be worse.” I opened the card and it continued, “I cheered up and sure enough things got worse!” Just as our beloved couple are trying to move forward in their relationship, sure enough, things get worse. Tempus and Luthor came riding into town. Looking forward to reading how you plan to “run them out of town!” lol

lol

Hey Supesfan! wave

Yes, there's that saying we probably should not repeat anymore. "Things could always be worse..." - but could it really? lol This is a fun combo I honestly haven't seen much of so thought it would be fun.

Hope everyone enjoys the next chapter. I am trying to post once a week, but was a little late because.... well, I have a programming course that was completely kicking my butt this past week. Good news? I only have one more week of it so good news is the new chapters will be posted with regularity sooner rather than later. It's completely written so at least you're not waiting on me to edit. wink

Anyway, enjoy the next chapter! Chapter 2.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, so glad you are almost finished with class and will begin posting this story regularly. Believe me, we all understand! thumbsup

A booming echo filled the newsroom as Perry bellowed for Jimmy. Every desk was filled with frantic phone calls and tapping keys as the television played the footage over and over again of the carnage from earlier. Lex Luthor was on the run and no one knew where he would show up next.

Sweet! Now this is the way to open a story! smile

“Yeah…” Jimmy commented, shaking his head in agreement, seeming to mull over his own internal thoughts and possible uncertainties over what Lex Luthor on the lam could mean. “You, uh, doing okay? I mean, with Luthor alive and taking out his old butler and him showing up like this? I know that’s got to be putting your head in a spin. Especially with you and CK trying to…”

Jimmy, we all know you mean well, but seriously, this is neither the time nor the place to be talking about Lois' ex-fiancee.

“Ever hear of a Bernard Klein from your future?” Lex asked, not expecting much of an answer.

Urgh! Don't know if I'm happy with Lex knowing about Bernie....

“He was the scientist that worked as Superman’s doctor and helped discover the vaccine which eventually rendered Kryptonite harmless against the man of steel and his descendants.” Tempus replied nonchalantly.

Aha! I knew our favorite scientist would figure out a cure for that blasted green rock!

Now all Lois and Clark have to do it stop this dastardly duo from causing havoc in the future! help

Going on to read the next chapter.

Last edited by Morgana; 10/13/20 12:28 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My, my, my, what an excellent villain team-up. New comic title - World's Finest Nastiest., starring Lex Luthor and Tempus! Guaranteed to fly off the shelves!

You really are pulling out all the stops here. Luthor, Tempus, Wells, an inadvertent Superman reveal, things happening at machine-gun speed - I can't think of anything else you could smoosh into four parts and still tell a coherent tale. Unless, of course, the villains fall out over Luthor's jealousy of Tempus and his shaggy locks and Lois gets to pick up the pieces and put them in the landfill.

So when's the next part? wildguy

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, what a neat way to begin the weekend!

How something so simple as a cup of tea could push the flood of emotions back behind the dam that had been threatening to overtake her. Every choice. Every decision. Everything was called into question as she struggled to come to terms with the hard truth of how faulty her judgment was and how close she’d come to making a deadly decision.

Nobody does tea and sympathy quite like this two! Clark's gourmet stash of international teas always help to steady Lois in times of crisis. Right now, having Tempus and Lex Luthor team up is definitely crisis mode.

A smile spread across her lips and she leaned another inch toward him so there was only a mere millimeter of space between them. Her eyes sparkled as her face tilted up, closing the distance and capturing his lips with hers with a fiery intensity that threatened to bubble over as his hands moved into her hair. His lips pressed against hers, devouring her as he sank back against the couch, allowing her to continue the embrace at whatever pace she wanted

Break out the popcorn! What a kiss! sloppy

Her lips parted and a low moan escaped her throat as he pulled away. It took her a brief moment to realize the phone on the side table was ringing. He let out a shallow breath and reached his arm over to answer the phone, still keeping his other hand on her hip as he greeted the caller.

“Hello?”

That was all it took before a painful groan escaped his throat and he fell over, withering in pain.

Two questions: First, why would Clark break off kissing the woman of his dreams to take a phone call? Its not like this is a Superman rescue or something like that! Second, did I miss something? How could Tempus affect Clark with GreenK over the phone?! jawdrop

Lex pulled out a gun and pressed the barrel to Tempus’ temple, “Future or not you can’t reap the fruits of your labor with a bullet in your brain.”

Tempus laughed and pushed the barrel of the gun away, “Oh, Lex, you are ruthless, aren’t you? I knew I looked up to you for a reason.”

Duh! Tempus, don't forget you may be from the future, but dirty tricks are not limited to you. Lex, despite being a little nutty, is still infinitely more dangerous than you will ever be. Watch your back!

“Hi?” Lois glanced at the man with a bowler hat standing outside Clark’s door.

“Yes, quite, Ms. Lane, I apologize for my tardiness but the events of this time appear to have changed from the original timeline and …” he smiled, tipping his hat. “My apologies. I’m here to see Superman.”

HG! Where have you been and how can the time stream be put back on track?

Having so much fun with this fic! smile1

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hey, so glad you are almost finished with class and will begin posting this story regularly. Believe me, we all understand! thumbsup

A booming echo filled the newsroom as Perry bellowed for Jimmy. Every desk was filled with frantic phone calls and tapping keys as the television played the footage over and over again of the carnage from earlier. Lex Luthor was on the run and no one knew where he would show up next.

Sweet! Now this is the way to open a story! smile

“Yeah…” Jimmy commented, shaking his head in agreement, seeming to mull over his own internal thoughts and possible uncertainties over what Lex Luthor on the lam could mean. “You, uh, doing okay? I mean, with Luthor alive and taking out his old butler and him showing up like this? I know that’s got to be putting your head in a spin. Especially with you and CK trying to…”

Jimmy, we all know you mean well, but seriously, this is neither the time nor the place to be talking about Lois' ex-fiancee.

“Ever hear of a Bernard Klein from your future?” Lex asked, not expecting much of an answer.

Urgh! Don't know if I'm happy with Lex knowing about Bernie....

“He was the scientist that worked as Superman’s doctor and helped discover the vaccine which eventually rendered Kryptonite harmless against the man of steel and his descendants.” Tempus replied nonchalantly.

Aha! I knew our favorite scientist would figure out a cure for that blasted green rock!

Now all Lois and Clark have to do it stop this dastardly duo from causing havoc in the future! help

Going on to read the next chapter.

Hey Morgana! wave

Thanks for stopping by. /drumroll

With class done now, I've finally finished posting and can respond to this wonderful FDK! laugh

lol I'm glad you enjoyed this part.

1) Glad you liked the opening.

2) Yes, Jimmy can put his foot in his mouth but he's reaching out to his friend and showing he does recognize Lois may not be handling everything as well as she pretends to.

3) Yeah, but Dr. Klein is Supes doc in the future....

4) lol Yes! Of course Dr. Klein will figure it out... eventually.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
My, my, my, what an excellent villain team-up. New comic title - World's Finest Nastiest., starring Lex Luthor and Tempus! Guaranteed to fly off the shelves!

You really are pulling out all the stops here. Luthor, Tempus, Wells, an inadvertent Superman reveal, things happening at machine-gun speed - I can't think of anything else you could smoosh into four parts and still tell a coherent tale. Unless, of course, the villains fall out over Luthor's jealousy of Tempus and his shaggy locks and Lois gets to pick up the pieces and put them in the landfill.

So when's the next part? wildguy

Hey Terry! lol

Tempus and his shaggy locks?? lol Welllll it certainly would be an interesting twist, wouldn't it? Glad you're enjoying the story so far. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tempus and his shaggy locks?? lol Welllll it certainly would be an interesting twist, wouldn't it? Glad you're enjoying the story so far.

Hey, compared to Lex at this point, this guy has shaggy locks.

You've not lost your propensity toward evil , have you? You're still torturing Clark physically and mentally, and Lois emotionally.

There's a short story on the archive where Lois and Clark (of some other dimension) are working in their home while lamenting all the trouble their extra-dimensional counterparts are experiencing, because, you see, they've had no problems at all. I wish I remembered the title or the author. Oh, well, from such memory lapses scavenger hunts are made.

Keep writing! You're too entertaining to quit at this point.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is a very interesting tale. I couldn't stop reading. The ending was a bit sudden for my taste, though.

Lex and Tempus are a great duo.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Not at all.” HG Wells responded. “I’ll simply drop each of you back before Tempus ever showed up. You’ll both remember nothing, and none of this will have ever happened.”

“I don’t know. Sounds like a bad Sci-Fi movie to me,” Lois commented.

“Perhaps, but it’s worked before.” H.G. Wells commented with a wink.

“Before?” Lois asked with a curious gaze. “How many times exactly?”

“Just a few.”

Nice wrap up. But I have to agree with Bakasi the ending was a bit sudden. Hoping to see alt-Clark at the press conference. Still, this was a lot of fun to read.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard