Next Thread
Print Thread
#287722 09/22/20 04:04 AM
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi guys,

I could use some help. There is a story I've been working on for almost two years now. Now, I think I found a way around the writers block I keep hitting.

Could you please help me out finding some good scenes that show Lois and Clark's growing friendship? Must be season 1, which makes this kind of tricky.

What are your favorite quotes that hint to friendship and maybe more?

Thanks a bunch,

bakasi

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi bakasi,

The two that I always thought had more potential for advancing the romance were the hug after Trask was shot in "Green Green Glow of Home" and the scene in "All Shook Up" where Lois verbally stumbled, telling Clark that she loves him... like a brother. The final three episodes, except for the scene where they hug as Lex is falling and maybe the final scene after Clark lied, crossed his fingers and left, and she told both him and Superman as he flew overhead that she's not done with either one of them, seemed to destroy that camaraderie.

Hope this helps.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you cuidadora. These were some good hints?

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
I always thought the concern Lois showed for Clark when he got into the ring with Garrison in "Requiem for a Superhero "showed a bit of her true feelings for her partner. Also Clark's meeting Sam and seeing a bit into the father daughter relationship gave him a bit of insight where Lois' trust issues started.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by bakasi
Hi guys,

I could use some help. There is a story I've been working on for almost two years now. Now, I think I found a way around the writers block I keep hitting.

Could you please help me out finding some good scenes that show Lois and Clark's growing friendship? Must be season 1, which makes this kind of tricky.

What are your favorite quotes that hint to friendship and maybe more?

Thanks a bunch,

bakasi

Hey bakasi! Here's my thoughts on Season 1:

Pilot: Lois opens up about her fears to Clark about trying to be "enough"

Strange Visitor: Lois shares her secret about her novel

Neverending Battle: Lois frustrated by Clark's comment about Superman not being enough unwittingly encourages him he is enough, Clark takes a stand and teases her about "we"

I'm Looking Through You: Lois opens up about her parents' divorce to Clark, Clark comforts Lois when she's nursing her emotional wounds over the auction, Late nights of research and chasing down leads have the duo sharing a cup of tea and Lois opening up about a childhood game and her wish to be invisible and Clark wanting to fly.

Requiem for a Superhero: Lois' relationship with her father and the vulnerability she feels when his life is put in danger and how Clark was the one to swoop in to help protect her and her father showed the level their friendship was here. She opens up about being a child of a workaholic and the fragmented relationship.

I've Got a Crush On You: Bantering between the duo and Lois' jealousy over Toni Taylor

Smart Kids: Clark coaxing Lois out of her uncertainty regarding how to handle Amy Valdez.

Green Green Glow of Home: The festival games and Clark being vulnerable for the first time and opening up to Lois, the fear in Lois when Clark was nearly shot and of course the hug at the end.

Man of Steel Bars: Lois trying to make dinner for Clark (and Superman), the goodbye and Lois trying to convince Clark not to go, Clark's humble return and Lois teasing he can be replaced at the end

Pheromone My Lovely: Friendly teasing about playing hookey, humble morning after and Clark trying to reassure Lois, Nonadmission from Lois that she "might" feel some teeny tiny measly little insignificant attraction to him.

Honeymoon in Metropolis: Seeing one another's more personal sides when undercover, Game night revealed different sides of one another,

All Shook Up: Fearful Lois turning to Clark when the end is near, hint at how Clark feels about her during amnesia and Lois' "love you like a brother"

Witness: Clark's over-protectiveness when Lois' life is in danger, Lois turning to Clark when in fear for her life - not Superman

Illusions of Grandeur: Bantering about hating surprises and there not being such thing as magic.

Ides of Metropolis: Opening up about deepest secrets

The Rival: Lois' jealousy over Linda King and Clark, Lois revealing a painful history and relationship to Clark

Vatman: Clark trying to comfort Lois when she's concerned about Superman MIA

Fly Hard: Bantering between one another throughout reveals how well they know one another. Last conversation before Lois goes to ambulance with Luthor is very telling IMO.

Barbarians at the Planet: Friendly banter in the lobby with 7 Dwarves/ Santa's reindeer, Needing to lean on one another amidst disaster and of course the revelation and fights that ensued over Luthor.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow, thanks a lot, folc4evernaday, this certainly helps a lot.
What a great list!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard