Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287688 09/18/20 10:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hope you enjoyed this random bit of fluff. But like it or hate it, you can blame Val for inspiring this fic. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T

She was glad when Clark posed his next question. “Deal. What game did you have in mind?”

“Poker,” Lois immediately answered.

He rolled his eyes again and laughed heartily, probably thinking that he’d already won the bet. “Lois, can’t be serious! You’ve seen firsthand how much I don’t care about winning at poker. Believe me, that was not an act to appease Perry.”

“Oh, I know,” Lois replied silkily, putting a hand on his shoulder and patting him. “But this isn’t the Chief’s monthly poker game. This is just you and me.”

“And how’s that any different?” His eyebrows creeped up into his hairline in a bemused way.

Lois smirked as she leaned in to whisper into his ear. “Because, Clark, we’re playing strip poker.”

The End.

There is an error in the quote above. That cannot be "The End." There are too many ways for this to go to stop here.

Val might have inspired it, but you, DC, wrote it. The two of you share the blame - er, the credit - for this sassy piece.

Maybe you could let Val write the game itself. Clark bets a shoe, Lois raises with a sock, Clark calls - who wins? And how far do they go? And - here's the big question - do they get "up close and personal" at the end of the game when the unclad loser honestly answers the winner's question?

I hope you write this for this forum and not the NFic one. Of course, you (or someone) could do one for each.

And then you could write one where Lois wins and naked Clark answers, then the other side when Clark wins and naked Lois answers. Or you could have them go all in and end up with matching hands (pair of kings, pair of queens, jack) and both lose. All sorts of possibilities.

So when are you posting the next chapter?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
rotflol Can’t say I blame Lois for the Strip Poker suggestion goofy this definitely needs a follow on. Given the way Lois eyed Clark when he answered the door in a towel I would so love to see Lois’ concentration blown

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 09/19/20 12:44 AM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I agree with everything Terry said, only I wish I had said it first. You write it, I'll read it. So, what is the posting schedule? party

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
OMG Yes! rotflol

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I hope you enjoyed this random bit of fluff. But like it or hate it, you can blame Val for inspiring this fic. devil

I accept full responsibility for encouraging this lovely ficlet of reader torture. clap Love this!

Great job, Vicki as always!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer

Awww come on DC, you cannot leave us hanging like this!

Last edited by Morgana; 09/19/20 01:02 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
She was glad when Clark posed his next question. “Deal. What game did you have in mind?”

“Poker,” Lois immediately answered.

He rolled his eyes again and laughed heartily, probably thinking that he’d already won the bet. “Lois, can’t be serious! You’ve seen firsthand how much I don’t care about winning at poker. Believe me, that was not an act to appease Perry.”

“Oh, I know,” Lois replied silkily, putting a hand on his shoulder and patting him. “But this isn’t the Chief’s monthly poker game. This is just you and me.”

“And how’s that any different?” His eyebrows creeped up into his hairline in a bemused way.

Lois smirked as she leaned in to whisper into his ear. “Because, Clark, we’re playing strip poker.”

The End.

There is an error in the quote above. That cannot be "The End." There are too many ways for this to go to stop here.

Val might have inspired it, but you, DC, wrote it. The two of you share the blame - er, the credit - for this sassy piece.

Maybe you could let Val write the game itself. Clark bets a shoe, Lois raises with a sock, Clark calls - who wins? And how far do they go? And - here's the big question - do they get "up close and personal" at the end of the game when the unclad loser honestly answers the winner's question?

I hope you write this for this forum and not the NFic one. Of course, you (or someone) could do one for each.

And then you could write one where Lois wins and naked Clark answers, then the other side when Clark wins and naked Lois answers. Or you could have them go all in and end up with matching hands (pair of kings, pair of queens, jack) and both lose. All sorts of possibilities.

So when are you posting the next chapter?

Terry, thanks for the very kind words. I've politely asked my muse to write a sequel. We'll have to see if she complies. She's interested but she's all over the place on it - Lois's POV or Clark's? Who wins? Is it a stalemate? Does Superman get in the way? What about Roarke and Harrington? I'm too afraid of giving her a tranquilizer - she might go to sleep completely on me! (Very easy to do as I spend the vast majority of my day helping my second grader daughters with their distance learning. Seriously, send help and chocolate. And Advil. ALL the Advil.)

I'm definitely most interested in making it a Gfic - doesn't seem right to push it to the other side of the boards after starting it here. The prospect of making them both sweat and be totally distracted by the other's increasingly unclad forms is just too tempting. All I need now is a solid idea and some time. grin

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
rotflol Can’t say I blame Lois for the Strip Poker suggestion goofy this definitely needs a follow on. Given the way Lois eyed Clark when he answered the door in a towel I would so love to see Lois’ concentration blown

It DOES put Clark in a bit of a bind though. Does he play the gentleman and purposefully lose, to spare Lois the embarrassment of shedding her clothing? Or does he lose the bet, play to win, saving himself the embarrassment of being naked in front of Lois? If he wins the poker game, does he look too eager to see Lois naked? If he plays to lose, does it look like he's not interested in her at all? Poor Clark - I don't envy him!

Glad you enjoyed this random bit of fluff!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SupesFan
I agree with everything Terry said, only I wish I had said it first. You write it, I'll read it. So, what is the posting schedule? party

LOL! First I need to coax the muse off the walls and ceiling and everywhere else her hyperactive little self is bouncing. I'm definitely interested in taking this further though! Thanks for the kind words!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
OMG Yes! rotflol

rotflol Glad you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

I accept full responsibility for encouraging this lovely ficlet of reader torture. clap Love this!

Great job, Vicki as always!

Thanks, Val! Your fic really threw me - I kept looking for her to find some game to make Clark 'fess up. I just HAD to go that route after! rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Awww come on DC, you cannot leave us hanging like this!

Haha! I'm asking my muse but my kids (and life) keeps interrupting! Hoping to coax a sequel out of the muse soon though!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard