Print Thread
C
cosmic Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
C
Story is here.

Comments go here and are very much appreciated.

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Wow, what an incredible story! Can't wait!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story!

The cab pulls up outside his apartment. With shaky hands, Clark pays the man and stumbles out. He usually speeds around the world in minutes, but now climbing the stairs are akin to the effort of breaking an asteroid apart. Dragging himself up, each step is heavier than the last, and his fingers are shaking so badly that he barely gets the key into the keyhole. He has half a mind to ignore the lock and push the door open anyway, never mind the damage, when the key slides into place. Stumbling more than walking down the stairs, he collapses on the couch.

Just reading this made me feel Clark's pain and disorientation. The poor man has experienced pain before from Green K, yet never anything like this!

“Clark, are you all right?” His mother’s voice comes through the phone, tinny and concerned. “Clark!”

“I’m here, mom.”

“Oh, Clark, we need to get off the phone so we can book a flight to Metropolis.”

“Great. I’ll be here at the apartment.”

“No,” his dad says. “Clark, you get yourself to a hospital.”

“Dad, they can’t operate. I’d break the scalpels.” Though, is that still true? With kryptonite in his body, he’s as breakable as any human. But what are would they operate?

For pity's sake, don't argue with them, get off the phone and get yourself to the hospital!

He takes one step towards her and his legs no longer support him. He falls to the floor. If she had any doubt left whether her partner enjoys dressing up as Superman in his spare time or if he’s the real deal, that uncertainty disappears when the floor dents where his knees hit.

This sentence alone is worth a Kerth!

“The police are watching him.” Lois takes his hand and squeezes it. “Don’t worry about it. They can handle it.” And really, right now, Lois doesn’t care one iota about Disanto. It won’t matter if he testifies against Diana Stride, because regardless of what happens, Lois is going to kill her for hurting Clark.

Yes, let's not worry about DiSanto. If I were Diana Stride, I would be looking for a fast flight out of Metropolis. Not that that will do her any good. Lois will track her down and bring her back for justice...maybe.

“Then get me the people at StarLabs!” Lois explodes. “Get them here now.”

Bernie!!

She’s still here, watching him, her hand atop his, squeezing gently. She hasn’t left, hasn’t yelled at him. Though she might later, it still makes him so very, very grateful that she’s staying right now.

Comfort from the one he loves.

“Lois,” he whispers, wondering if it will be the last word he says.

“No. No, don’t you dare! You can’t leave me here. You can’t—”

WOW...

Life has been too nuts for me to visit here lately. Glad I stopped by today. Please finish!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
What an intriguing beginning. I can't wait to see where you go with this.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
C
cosmic Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
C
Originally Posted by L
Wow, what an incredible story! Can't wait!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Morgana
This sentence alone is worth a Kerth!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words, they make me blush!

Originally Posted by Annie B.
What an intriguing beginning. I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Thank you, I hope you like the rest of it.

Features Writer
Features Writer
So awesome. I too was disappointed by the show's resolution. I can tell you're going to give it much more thought. Already the depth you've given to Lois is very moving, and the descriptions of what the kryptonite is doing..... poor Clark!
Looking forward to more!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard