T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
shock

And

[Linked Image]

Not sure what else needs to be said, except that we'll see some resolution of all of this in the next (final) chapter.

Of course, then there's the epilogue.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovin' it is the wrong phrase here. But to my mind you've done an incredible job of exploring the guilt and pain that happens to honorable and good people when bad things happen on their watch. Even when, or maybe especially when, there's nothing they could have done.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very sad about Cat. frown

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, I can't say that was unexpected, but it was deeply affecting.

I appreciated how much time you spent on Rachel. She's got a hard road ahead too. I wonder if Lois will have the mental bandwidth to talk to her.

Lois has a real, amazing breakthrough. And I finally feel like I understand some piece of it. Wow.

We never met Cat's parents, but this is going to be so hard for them.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Dandello, thank you for your kind words. You've zeroed in on one of the themes I wanted to explore in this tale. PTSD is pervasive and simply will not go away on its own. And far more people suffer from it than we know.

By the by, when will you bless us with your next tale? [Linked Image] Please continue to share your gift with us.

Morgana, we're not done with sadness related to Cat. You'll see it in the next chapter.

Amy, thanks for the kind words about Rachel. I know the series (in Green, Green Glow of Home) couldn't show any more of her than they did, but there's a deep vein of drama that's not been mined very much. And I'm sorry, but this is Rachel's last screen time in this epic. (We'll see her again in another of my accidental novels, hopefully early next year.)

And we will see Cat's parents in the next chapter.

Which will be here in moments.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard