Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Now it gets intense.

[Linked Image]

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, very intense part!

Poor Carol Sherman. Trask is a sick man.

Lois wondered where the bullet had gone.

She painfully pushed herself to her feet and began limping toward her best friend and the man she loved. Suddenly a look of horror appeared on Clark’s face. He stared wide-eyed at his left hand.

It was dripping blood.

Poor Cat.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hi, Morgana. Sorry about Carol, but I wanted to show Trask as a sociopathic person hiding behind the American flag. I hope no one misses him.

I see you believe that the blood is Cat's. Are you sure? Clark's not super-powered right now.

No hints or spoilers intended.

Next chapter up momentarily.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Trask really is a madman here. Carol Sherman's death makes me upset. She didn't even get to make a contribution to his downfall, as far as I can tell. She just got snuffed out. It reflects the unfairness of life. At least Trask is dead so hopefully her daughter will be safe, though motherless.

The rest of the action was captivating. I'm nervous to see what comes next.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Intense it is. This story is excellent, very compelling. I'm awed by how well you craft these characters for your story.
I also feel badly for Carol Sherman and her family. Hope she has a guardian for the girl. It does very much show Trask's psychosis and evilness.

What a cliffhanger! mecry

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hi, Amy. Again, I'm sorry about Carol, but when one deals with psychopathic sociopaths (or sociopathic psychopaths), one may - literally - place one's life in that insane person's hands. The Trask I'm writing is so crazy that he believes that neither the law nor any moral standards apply to him.

While Carol didn't materially contribute to taking down Trask, she tried. And that has to count for something.

Thank you for your kind words, cuidadora. I worked hard on presenting these characters as fully fleshed people, and my beta team helped tremendously.

Final chapter up soon!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard