Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Well. We have some pathos, some comfort, some romance, some WAFFs, some surprises, an old girlfriend, and not much A-plot movement.

That last part is definitely coming, though. Prepare for some [Linked Image] next time!

Enjoy the respite while it lasts.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
We certainly made the rounds of Smallville in this one! The kitchen, the Fortress, the shops, dancing, dining... I can imagine the cheek pinching. Nice proposal too!

Cat starts to get some closure and perhaps healing... But I'm worried about her going to the Irig farm alone.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“We’re friends. That’s really all we can ever be. Remember, he told Lois about himself but he didn’t tell me. If he ever does, I’ll be shocked and stunned and stupefied to learn it.” She looked away as she said, “Besides, I’m the untrod path in the yellow wood.”

“Robert Frost? Two roads diverged in a yellowed wood?”

Cat looked at Martha again. “Yes. I still don’t know how I feel about being – untrod.”

Martha sighed. “Please don’t be bitter. I know it’s hard to lose someone, then later on when you think you might have another chance it isn’t really there.”

Cat shook her head. “I think I’ve accepted it. I just hope I can sweep all those old leaves out the door.”

In this story Cat has grown a great deal since meeting Clark in college. It takes a lot to let the man you have pined after for years go to someone else, especially when that someone is your best friend. Martha was the best person she could chat with to begin getting a handle on this situation.

It was very considerate of Cat to dance with that young man. His self-esteem rocketed skyward!

His mouth opened slowly, but no words escaped. After a few seconds, Lois stepped closer to both of them and said sweetly, “That’s because Clark is unfailingly polite, Lana, and he won’t tell you he wishes you were somewhere in northern Timbuctoo instead of here with us. I, on the other hand, am often very impolite. Like I’m about to be with you.” She handed the stuffed bear to Clark, stepped into Lana’s personal space, and glared barbed-wire icicles at the blonde bimbo. “Back off and leave my fiancée alone. Or else.”

When a man you used to date in high school introduces you to his fiance, that is a CLEAR indication he is off the market. Lana obviously did not get that hint or the fact that her letters were place in the upper shelf of a closet. Do I agree with Lois knocking her down? No. But in this particular case, the woman in question needed to be told in no uncertain turns that he is neither interested nor available.

Guess Lana won't be getting an invitation to the wedding?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ooh, nice feedback which requires responses!

Amy, I thought it was a good point in time to slow down and release a little tension, and the Corn Festival was a very good place to do it. I'm glad you liked the cheek-pinching, too. As for being worried about Cat - anyone mixed up with Trask is in danger, as we'll see in chapter 24.

Morgana, I'm glad you liked Cat's conversation with Lois. I thought Cat Grant was criminally underused in the series, so when I write her I try to give her more depth and character. And she's still whimsical at times. Margaret Mayfield indeed!

Sorry you didn't like Lois putting Lana on her back. But Lana went at Lois first, and Lois chose a non-lethal response. It's not like she lost control of her anger.

Chapter 24 will be up very soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry you didn't like Lois putting Lana on her back. But Lana went at Lois first, and Lois chose a non-lethal response. It's not like she lost control of her anger.

No, I didn't agree with it, but it certainly made sense. Honestly, what person with a half a teaspoon of brains ignores all those social cues? Simply hearing the word fiance should have been enough for Lana to step back and realize her time as a major part of Clark's life has passed. You are right, she did it as self-defense.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard