Print Thread
#28748 03/25/06 07:52 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, Beverly! I'm not normally a Batman fan at all, but I have read a few Superman/Batman crossovers that have been pure magic. To succeed, these stories always have to touch heavily on the private lives of Clark and Bruce, as well as on their differences and their friendship and trust in spite of all. This feels like one of those totally magical Supes/Bats team-ups!

And I love Clark's relationship with his daughter. I love the fact that he has a daughter in the first place, a daughter by Lois. To me, there is something particularly moving about a widowed father single-handedly raising his daughter, who so reminds him of his beloved wife.

I loved the appearance of Diana, Wonder Woman! Wow! I loved how impressed Laney was with her. And she is going to take Laney away on a dream shopping spree, so that Clark and Bruce can do something together which is apparently not PG-rated at all (and I'm not talking about sexual content....)

And that appearance of Tempus. WOW!!! I think of Tempus as a most horrible threat, and you make it very clear that Clark in your story has every reason to hate him. It seems very likely that he, Tempus, had something to do with the death of Lois (and Clark's ensuing rage - wow, the way you had Bruce allude to the fact that it was probably a good thing that Clark retired Superman a few years ago, rather than use his superpowers to express his fury!).

Now Bruce has brought Tempus back. So that this time-villain can make amends? Your story is called Atonement. Could it be that Tempus is trying to put things right again? To bring Lois back?

Wow, Beverly. I love this! Please post more soon!

Ann

#28749 03/25/06 08:16 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Beverly, You have to continue with this story! This is really good.
Sue

#28750 03/25/06 09:52 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beverly!

You know I love everything that you write! This is a good beginning to an interesting cross over. I was distracted by the name Diana thinking that it was Diana Stride. I couldn't imagine why Bruce Wayne would have anything to do with her. Then I read the comment folder and found out it was Wonder Woman. I never read too many comics.

There are a lot of questions to be answered about what happened to put our hero and his daughter in this location. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a long and fastening trip at the hands of a master storyteller.

Now, Write-on! smile1
Anne

#28751 03/25/06 11:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Beverly! I'm not normally a Batman fan at all, but I have read a few Superman/Batman crossovers that have been pure magic. To succeed, these stories always have to touch heavily on the private lives of Clark and Bruce, as well as on their differences and their friendship and trust in spite of all. This feels like one of those totally magical Supes/Bats team-ups!
You know, I'm not a Batman fan either, which is why the fact that I absolutely loved the recent Batman Begins movie totally surprised me. The older movies I enjoyed watching the first time but serious doubt I could rewatch them over and over. Batman Begins, however, I believe I could never get tired of watching.

Okay, back on topic, but related, I am a big fan of the friendship between Superman and Batman, particularly as it's protrayed in the more recent cartoons. I don't read the comics so I have no frame of reference there. The cartoons, though, capture both their loyalty to each other at the same time that they really play on the fact that they know how much of opposites they are. Some of the most humorous and at the same time most poignant moments in those cartoons are when the two give each this look like they're both thinking about the opposite side of a situation, know it and don't want to get into it.

So, yeah, that I'm a fan of and I have this sneaking suspicious this little fan fiction idea is me blowing a mental gasket over it.

And I love Clark's relationship with his daughter. I love the fact that he has a daughter in the first place, a daughter by Lois. To me, there is something particularly moving about a widowed father single-handedly raising his daughter, who so reminds him of his beloved wife.
I almost hesitated to even have him have a child at all. Apparently my "dream" wasn't quite clear on that point and children can be so tricky to do in stories like this. When I started typing it out, though, it just felt right to have her be there.

Now Bruce has brought Tempus back. So that this time-villain can make amends? Your story is called Atonement. Could it be that Tempus is trying to put things right again? To bring Lois back?
Well, let me put it this way, I have a tendency when I'm not sure what to call stories-in-progress to simply give them one word names connected to the emotions the ideas behind them suggest to me and that's what came to mind for this one. Anything more than that, I'm not really sure . . .

I skipped a couple of the other points you brought up here, Ann, because they also come up in another thread, but if I don't give a satisfactory enough answer there, let me know. laugh

Beverly, You have to continue with this story! This is really good.
Thank you. I shall try. I think. wink

You know I love everything that you write! This is a good beginning to an interesting cross over. I was distracted by the name Diana thinking that it was Diana Stride. I couldn't imagine why Bruce Wayne would have anything to do with her. Then I read the comment folder and found out it was Wonder Woman. I never read too many comics.
Maybe it's just me but I don't actually see it as a crossover. I guess that's because I've always thought Batman to existed in the L&C universe for some strange reason . . . but I'll call it that if everyone insists. evil I will definitely add some clarification about Diana, though. Sheesh, can't have anyone thinking she's Diana Stride. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of questions to be answered about what happened to put our hero and his daughter in this location. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a long and fastening trip at the hands of a master storyteller.
Okay, enough with the master storyteller busines because that is so not true. blush As to questions, though, you're telling me? Got'em coming out my ears. The biggest one being how this person who really doesn't like to even read time travel stories can wiggle her way out of writing one at this point . . .

Seriously, it boggles my mind where this one came from in my subconcious but it so clearly there that there's no denying it.

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"
#28752 03/25/06 12:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, Beverly,

I don't really have much time to follow long stories but my curiosity was piqued when I read about this story in the Fanfic Related folder... so here I am.

I liked this story a lot. It certainly feels different than anything I've read in a while, but in a good way. I think it might turn out to be a wonderful piece. The premise has me hooked.

I'd like to see what's next, and I'll try to follow it.
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#28753 03/25/06 01:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm so curious. I never really had time to get into Batman, but it's sort of cool when he crops up in LC fic every now and then. I'm definitely going to follow this story and see what happens! Great start!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#28754 03/25/06 04:14 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Bev, deinitely and interesting set up.

As a forty year comic book reader I have experienced many different incarnations of the relationship between DC's big three, but I have only a passing familiarity with the Justice League cartoon series. Given that I don't think we have seen enough to pass any true judgement as to whether your pricipals are 'in' character.

I'm not thrilled about there being a kid, but hopefully Laney won't be in this much. That said, I feel that Clark's interaction with his daughter is a logical extrapolation. A daughter (especially one who would remind him of Lois) would absolutely have him wrapped around her finger.

Currently the comic book relationships between Bruce, Diana, and Clark are very strained due to the fact that Diana was forced to kill, something which nether Superman nor Batman feel is ever necessary.

But always, through the various depictions over the years, Clark and Bruce always respected each other. In the Silver Age, they were fast friends. In the current continuity they started out as two heroes that distrusted each other's methods but came to, over time, a mutual respect for the other's talents and abilities. One of the best phrases I'd ever heard to compare the two is that Superman is the worlds most powerful hero, but Batman is the most dangerous.

That aside, this is an AltU, and I think that all the characters read true enough to believe who they are. It will be interesting to see this as it unfolds.

Tank (who has a sneaking suspicion that there might be a little time travel to come in this story)

#28755 03/25/06 05:22 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I must say that I am thoroughly impressed here. I assume that Lois is dead and that Clark is a single father...and a great one. I am very interested to see where this goes. cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#28756 03/25/06 05:59 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I LOVE the beginning of this! I am SO glad you posted it because I am totally hooked right off the bat.

I really do hope you finish it...pretty please?

In terms of Batman and Wonder Woman I was just thrilled to see them show up to help Clark! I have my suspicions as to *why* he would bring Tempus with him, but why Tempus would willingly help them is something I can't wait to see you explain...

so MORE PLEASE!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
#28757 03/26/06 04:40 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
one question what happen to lois that clark had to relocate? very good story

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard