Chapter 16:

previously on stolen:

"We need to talk, and lay all our cards on the table," says Tommy

"What do you mean?" Clark asked still playing his part.

The four former rangers look at each other and sigh and nod before Jason says, " As one set of heroes to another it's time to come clean about everything so we can work together more effectively." "Wouldn't you agree Clark? Or should I say, Superman." Tommy remarked.

On with the story:

There was a sudden heavy and tense silence in the car, and for a long few moments, all that can be heard is the sounds of the city outside and the breathing of those in the car.

"I don't know what you are talking about, I am not Superman," Clark says trying to hide his identity. Although Clark still looks somewhat ill from the effects of the kryptonite.

Trying to divert attention Lois asks, "what did you mean one set of heroes? what are you hiding?”

"The same thing you two are hiding that's how we find out, we know what to look for as former heroes," Tommy says in his leader's voice.

Lois is the first one to catch on, and looks at Kim, "I knew it! The reason you never met your hometown heroes, the Power Rangers was it? was cause you were them. I thought your stories of them were a little strange."

"So now you know about us, I think it's fair that we know the truth about you. You don't need to worry, we are used to keeping a secret and we trust you to keep ours as well. We never told this to anyone before." Jason says.

"You'll find those who have their own secrets, are rather good at keeping others." says Kim, "besides you have a rare opportunity here to talk shop with people who truly understand what you going through." Kim went on to add.

Lois and Clark looked at each other and knew that this was indeed a rare opportunity. Maybe it wasn't so bad to tell them the truth but first, they needed to be absolutely sure they were we who they said they were, "How are we sure that you are telling the truth?" Lois asks a bit sternly.

"We can prove it, well Tommy and I can, but not in the car," says Kim.

"It's okay Lois, I think they have proven enough inside the ballroom that they are on our side. I am indeed Superman." Clark whispered. It would explain the strange green glow around Tommy. Clark thought to himself.

Kim smiles and holds Tommy's hand.

"What was that green rock they had? Why did it seem to affect you?" asks Trini.
Clark sighs, "That rock is called Kryptonite it traveled with me from my home planet. I don't really have a clue why it makes me weak, to be honest."

"So that the one thing that can stop you?" Kim asks curiously.

"That's the only thing that can kill me. It has a red version too, that one makes sure that I don't really care about anything. Speaking of green stuff, what was that green glow around Tommy and why did you call him Dragon? He looked like a completely different person." Clark asks.

Now it was Tommy's turn to sigh. “It’s because I didn't have the same introduction to being a ranger the others did, while they were chosen to be the good guys, I was forced by magic to be the bad guy. They saved me from that and I joined the team, but there will always be a fraction of that magic leftover inside of me. An echo of that evil ranger, who they knew as Dragon. So over the years as I got older, when I get angry he leaks out, but if someone threatens Kim I lose control of him. All people have good and bad within them well he has been adsorbed by my darker half. So he loves Kim as much as I”

"Kim is also the only one who can stop Dragon and bring Tommy back to us. We all learn to live with the risk of Dragon taking over. He was our worst enemy by far." Jason says with a shiver thinking back to the time where the fought him.

“He was the only one that came close to defeating us, so there are bad memories,” Trini responded.

Kim says, "it wasn't you, that was Rita's doing. You would not have willingly tried to destroy us." as she squeezes Tommy’s hand seeing that the memories still hit Tommy hard. He still felt guilty over it.

Clark saw that Tommy still struggled under the weight of his past actions.

"I haven’t known you for long, Tommy but I do know that your not an evil person," Clark says hoping if someone else said it, it would be easier.

Tommy looks at him and says “thank you. that means a lot.”

"What's your story?" Kim asked curiously.

Before he can answer the car comes to a stop.

"I'll tell you inside," says Clark. The driver gets out and opens the door, they all get out, head into the house, and sit in the living room.

"I came to earth when I was just a little baby, the Kents found me and took me in. They are the best parents you can imagine. My youth wasn't easy because I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was bench pressing cars when I was 13 years old. I always kept my powers a secret. That's a reason I traveled a lot, I couldn't stay long in one place before people became suspicious. My father always told me to be careful or they would dissect me like a frog. I became Superman here in Metropolis. I wanted to stay here and needed a way to use my powers. Lois is the only one who knows about me, outside my parents that is." Clark says. Something made it easy to tell them, maybe because they were heroes themselves.

“Wow, so you're like ET then?” says Jason. Trini puts her hand over her face and shakes her head. "Jase! that not funny. " Kim responded to Jason

"Don't mind Jason, we are used to dealing with people from other planets. Jason, Kimberly, Trini, Zack, and Billy were chosen by Zordon a floating head in a timewarp and his robot assistant." Tommy says before Clark could respond.

Clark asks, "Zordon of Eltar?" the rangers are looking surprised, after a moment of shocked silence Kim asks, "You Knew Zordon?"

"I know that my father as well as my Kryptonian wife has mentioned him. He had warned the Kryptonians that the planet was doomed, it was thanks to him that my parents were able to send some of the people to another planet and me to earth. They were too late to save themselves though." Clark explained.

All the rangers looked at him in stunned silence.

"Whoa, you are married?" Jason asks in shock.

"How is that possible?" asks Trini.

Clark sighed, "Normally I am New-Krypton's supreme ruler or I would be if was there now, and I was engaged when Zara was born. We were promised to each other but she had another man in her heart so we decided that she would rule New-krypton with her partner and I would stay here on earth with Lois. That way I can marry Lois the only woman who stole my heart."

“So you were betrothed to her like they used to do with the royalty of this planet back in the past?” asks Jason.

Clark nodded, “Yes, something like that.”

"Kim, how are you doing? Did Lex hurt you?" Lois asks, she didn't like to talk about Zara and Clark's wedding, even though nothing had happened.

Kim answers "I'm fine. It takes more than that to hurt a former ranger. In fact, I thought when he grabbed me that Dragon was going to get out and break his arm."

"I must say this wasn't really like Lex to do something like that," Lois says.

"Well in not so many words I basically told him to go screw himself," responds Kim. "So I did provoke him a bit," she added.

"Dragon wasn't the only one that wanted to break his arm. I wanted to break it off and beat him with it," says Tommy.

"I know handsome but still it's better to try and keep Dragon where he is. We all know what it does to your guilt afterward." Kim said softly.

Tommy nods. “I don't think I feel much guilt damaging that guy. He just begging for trouble.”

"I think you better look out because, after today, he might see you as a threat," Clark warned Tommy.

"I can't help it. When Kim is in danger I lose control, he is even more protective about her than I am." Tommy said, “I understand that he sees me as a threat, but It won't stop him will it?”

Jason says, "Now that you mention that, did anyone else notice that the goons were more interested in Tommy and Kim than any of us that they went harder at them?”

"I noticed it too. It can be a coincidence. I have a feeling that the problems with Luthor just started. Clark sighs deeply. He had hoped Lex Luthor had learned his lesson. He never has been more wrong with that thought.

"It happened not too long after what happened on the dance floor, knowing Lex I think that he might have had that planned all along, but what happened changed things a little bit," says Lois.

“What do you mean?” asks Trini

"I think the gala was a big gilded trap. I think the intention was to create an opportunity to get Kim somewhere where he could grab her and take her wherever." Lois answers.

"I think it's best that we keep our guard up." Clark says, "Don't underestimate Lex Luthor."

“more of our friends are coming in tomorrow and over the next few days, so we can be on high alert. we did underestimate him, but we won't again.”
“How many more friends you have coming in?” asked Clark.

“At least 5 more former rangers. I Just hope it's enough,” says Kim.

"If we truly need to we can hit the panic button so to speak, and get every former and current ranger here in a few hours. The ranger family takes care of their own," says Tommy.

“At this rate am I even going to make it to my wedding?” Kim asked dejectedly.

"We will make sure that you will make it to your wedding." Clark says, "Superman will help too." He had no idea just how difficult of a promise that would be to keep.

TBC

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *