Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
We're up to "Green, Green Glow of Home," and it's gonna be a doozy. No spoilers or hints here, except to have tissues and ice cream ready.

[Linked Image]

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, yay, I've been looking forward to this episode! I'm sure introducing Smallville to both Lois and Cat is going to be a treat.

I love their three-way press on Carol Sherman. She seems like an interesting character; I hope we see her again.

So Luthor is directly funding Trask. Interesting. Trask seems more okay with having a mysterious overlord than I would have expected. I guess he's... ah... mission-focused.

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
More of our trio interacting with Smallville. And yes, Amy, we'll see Carol Sherman again. I picture Trask - at least, in this universe - as being so obsessed with Superman that he'll deal with anybody, not unlike Winston Churchill being willing to ally with Josef Stalin to defeat Nazi Germany. Remember the old saying that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Next chapter up in moments. Please don't chew any fingernails past the first knuckle.

[Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Trask stood and faced her. “Oh, I’d reconsider that. No one living has ever quit Bureau 39. It’s – it’s kind of a curse. And you did say that you had a daughter to raise – didn’t you?”

She was stunned by the veiled threat and didn’t respond. He put on what he apparently thought was a caring expression. “But, if you’re determined to leave, I’ll accept your resignation. With regrets, of course.”

The quiet threat to her daughter tipped the scales. “No,” she said softly. “I’m just fine.”

Carol Sherman was a sympathetic character, she knew Trask was nuts, but was powerless to do anything when he threatened her daughter. It will be interesting to see how you handle this situation.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thanks, Morgana. As I mentioned to Amy, we'll see Carol Sherman again. Her situation gets resolved a little different from the series.

Chapter 22 up in a few!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard