Injustice
Folc4evernaday
Chapter 12: I Got the Eye of the Tiger

Two Years Ago…

Bad Brain was a menace. Each act of violence was getting worse. The hangar where his self-engineered weapons had been held was broken into. The weapons that had been in possession of the FBI were gone. Then of course there was the fact that Bad Brain was suspected of being behind the break-in of the FBI’s file on Bureau 39.

Clark was convinced that whatever Bad Brain had discovered in that abandoned locker had led him to STAR Labs in search of Kryptonite. Someone had to have tipped him off that it was there, but he wouldn’t have been looking for it unless there was something in that Bureau 39 file to point him there.

“Hey,” Lois’ hand clasped over his shoulder and Clark looked up from the coffee mug he’d been staring into mindlessly.

“Hey,” Clark offered her a half-smile.

“Any luck?” Lois asked, taking a seat across from him at the table.

“Not much to go on.” Clark pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out a heavy sigh. “Bad Brain is just another name shuffled through the prison and I can’t find anything that would have triggered the break out all of a sudden. He seemed to be getting good reviews from the warden…”

Lois grinned happily, pulling out a single sheet of paper from behind her back, “Well, I was able to find something.” She pointed to the highlighted line. “Bad Brain got a new room mate the day before he broke out. Look familiar?”

“Gene Newtrich,” Clark grimaced at the name, recalling his encounter with him and Red Kryptonite.

“I’m guessing that’s who clued him into Kryptonite’s presence.” Lois let out a sigh. “I’m thinking he started sniffing around STAR Labs because of the work that’s been publicized about their work with the Superman Foundation.”

“Still, it’s a lucky guess,” Clark raised his eyebrows. “Dr. Klein said the Kryptonite was the only thing taken and he knew exactly where to go.”

“So, maybe someone on the board is connected to him?” Lois guessed with a shrug.

“Where’s the list of Bad Brain’s relatives?” Clark asked, looking around the table that was now covered in Lois’ disarray of organized chaos as they dug through everything they could on Bad Brain.

“Here,” Lois reached over to pull a single sheet of paper from the file and set it in front of him. “Mother, Roweena Johnson and brother, Herkimer Johnson.”

“Poor kid,” Clark shook his head. “That’s a brutal name and kids are cruel.”

“Well, Bad Brain didn’t fair too well either.” Lois rolled her eyes, “Rufus isn’t exactly going to earn you any friends on the playground.”

Clark pointed to the sheet of paper in front of him, “Says here Rowena is a nurse at New Troy Extended Living?”

“You think he’d be dumb enough to reach out to his mom?” Lois wondered aloud.

“Maybe,” Clark shrugged. He opened his mouth to continue his thought and quickly shut it when his super-hearing picked up a call for help.

“What is it?” Lois asked.

“Jumper on the Metropolis Bridge.” Clark stood up from his seat. “I’ve got to go.”

“Be careful,” Lois leaned in to kiss him while simultaneously loosening his tie.

“Always,” he whispered back before making his exit out of the back door.

“Where’s the list of Bad Brain’s relatives?” Clark looked up from his notepad, scanning the table in front of him where she had the research on Bad Brain scattered in their own piles to sort out later.

“Here,” Lois reached over to pull a single sheet of paper from the file on Bad Brain’s family and set it in front of Clark. “Mother, Rowena Johnson and brother, Herkimer Johnson.”

“Poor kid,” Clark shook his head. “That’s a brutal name and kids are cruel.”

“Well, Bad Brain didn’t fair too well either.” Lois rolled her eyes, “Rufus isn’t exactly going to earn you any friends on the playground.”

Clark gestured to the paper in front of him, “Says here Rowena is a nurse at New Troy Extended Living?”

“You think he’d be dumb enough to reach out to his mom?” Lois wondered aloud.

“Maybe,” Clark shrugged his shoulders and then seemed to drift off somewhere else as his facial expression wore a familiar distracted look that told her he was being called away.

“What is it?” Lois asked.

“Jumper on the Metropolis Bridge.” Clark stood up from his seat. “I’ve got to go.”

“Be careful,” Lois reached over to loosen his tie, simultaneously leaning over to kiss him good-bye.

“Always,” he whispered back before disappearing out of the back door.

Lois watched him disappear then turned back to the paper Clark had been looking over. Her focus settled on the name of Rowena Johnson. She leaned over to pick up the phone from the table and began to dial, waiting for the phone to ring.

“New Troy Extended Living….”

Rowena Johnson cackled lightly as she watched her eldest son, Rufus, shine and polish the strange green stone, he was hard at work molding into the perfect ammunition to power his latest invention. Her heart leapt with joy as she watched him work. She glanced over her shoulder, careful that the door was still closed.

“Almost there,” Rufus commented, biting his lower lip as he expertly twisted the nozzle on as it emitted in a white blue light. The large barrel of the souped-up metal rifle he was working on glistened in the dimly lit room and he let out a howl of satisfaction as he lifted it up in the air to cheer his victory.

No matter what they would always target Rufus. Just like they had when he was younger. Her darling Rufus had always been such a smart boy. So much brighter than the other kids. No one – not even his teachers had understood how special her boy was. Everyone was always out to get him.

His teachers.

The police.

Reporters.

Even Superman.

No one cared how it affected her boy. But he was resilient. With that beautiful mind came clarity on what he would have to do in order to make them listen. And listen they would.

A light knock came from the hallway and Rowena turned to Rufus, ushering him toward the back closet. Before she could finish helping him to his corner in the office the door jerked open and she found herself face to face with the head nurse, Elaine.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Rowena replied with a sickly frown.

“Rowena, what are you doing? There are police looking for you…”

Before Elaine could finish her statement a white and blue light filled the room and she fell to the ground with a hard thud. Rowena looked back at Rufus who had strapped the newly crafted rifle around his chest, holding it out as smoke billowed from the barrel with a broad smile planted across his face.

“Perfect.”

Lois tapped on her notepad, looking around the crowded nursing home. The front desk clerk had disappeared nearly twenty minutes ago and by the looks of it given her the brush off. She let out a heavy sigh, growing more and more impatient as she paced in the front.

She craned her neck, looking toward the corridor the clerk had disappeared through, wondering if she should try to find her. It wasn’t like there was anyone else she could ask. She glanced over her shoulder, noting the empty clerk desk among the crowded front entrance where several families were waiting.

‘It’ll just take a minute.’

She turned the corner where the corridor was leading into a small green door which hopefully would take her right to the missing clerk. She frowned when she turned the handle to the door and it opened with ease. An uneasy feeling washed over her as she stared at the open doorway, wondering where everyone was.

“Hello?” she called out.

Nothing.

She took a cautious step forward and glanced over her shoulder, noting the crowd behind her seemed oblivious to her quick exit and then turned her attention to the abandoned hallway in front of her.

“Anyone there?”

“Lois? What are you doing here?”

“I…” She turned and saw Clark standing in his Superman uniform at the end of the hallway, looking around the empty nursing home equally confused. “Ca-Superman, I was following up on a lead. Bad Brain’s mother works here. What are you doing here?”

“There was a bomb threat called in. I picked up the call on the police radio,” he pointed to the empty hallways, shaking his head. “Has everyone evacuated already?”

“No,” Lois shook her head. “There are families up front.” She frowned feeling the heavy feeling of uneasiness plague the back of her mind. “This isn’t right.” She looked over her shoulder warily. “If there was a bomb threat there would have been police swarming this place…” Her eyes met his and she shook her head. “You need to get out of here.”

“What?” he practically laughed at her.

“I’m telling you I have a bad feeling.”

“Lois, I’ll be fine,” Clark said, looking around the empty hallway. “I need to make sure there isn’t…”

“Clark,”

“Superman,” he quickly corrected her.

“Whatever.” She fumed irritably, gesturing to the empty hallways. “Don’t you see there is no bomb. It’s a trap to lure you in here. Why do you think someone would want to do that?”

“And what if it’s not?”

“Can’t you just trust me on this?”

“Even if you’re right there’s not a whole lot they can do.” Clark raised his eyebrows at her, giving her a stern gaze. “If it is a trap then you need to get out of here.”

“You are such a hypocrite…”

“Lo-is…”

“No, how is this any different than you warning me not to go rushing into danger?” Lois harrumphed irritably, hearing her voice rise another octave. “Do you hear any sirens? No! Because you got duped into coming here and are a sitting duck for that sociopath who is …”

“Now, now, now, let’s watch our language, Ms. Lane,” a voice came from the other end of the hallway and Lois gasped in surprise.

“Bad Brain.” Lois’ eyes narrowed as she glared back at him with a scowl.

“Lover’s quarrel?” Bad Brain looked between the two of them with a chuckle.

“What do you want, Bad Brain?” Clark called out to him, unfazed by the comment.

“Oh, I just want to…light up ….Metropolis…and you.”

Lois let out a gasp as she found herself shoved to the other side of the building at super-speed with the words “Get out of here now” whispered in her ear before the room lit up in a white and blue blinding light. From the distance she could hear the sirens approaching as she looked up from the corner, she was crouched down in.

A hand clasped over her mouth and she let out a blood curdling scream as the green light emitted out of the barrel of Bad Brain’s weapon, striking Clark in the chest. She could feel the tears trickling down her cheeks by the sudden wave of emotion that filled her mind.

“Get him!”

“He’s getting away!”

The room filled with a misty smoke as water from above came raining down, sprinkling the floor. Lois looked over her shoulder, feeling a wave of relief wash over her when she saw the familiar face of Bill Henderson behind her. He gestured toward the exit and whispered, “Get out of here now.”

The empty office was bleak and dimly lit. Rowena sat uncomfortably in the middle of the room with her hands folded across the table, watching as the man in front of her paced back and forth. A sharp look from the man here and there was directed toward her but he remained quiet.

She glanced over her shoulder, noting the two officers that stood by the door, holding up her Rufus’ discarded weapon. The man pacing in front of her stopped and pointed to it. “Put that back. Dr. Klein will be here any minute to have it logged into custody.”

“You really think you can just take things that don’t belong to you?” Rowena snapped haughtily as she wiggled in her seat from side to side.

The man pacing stopped in front of her, pulling up a chair as he crouched down so he was eye-level with her. “I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation here, Mrs. Johnson.”

“It’s Ms. Johnson.” Rowena corrected him. “Roy and I never did get married.”

“My mistake,” the man gave her a stern gaze as he leaned closer to her, “Your son, Rufus is a wanted fugitive, Ms. Johnson. You helped hide him from the authorities and if I was a suspicious man, I’d say you helped him escape both times.”

“I was nowhere near the prison!” she shouted, turning away from him.

“No, but a car just happened to be driving by when he jetted out the prison gate, right?”

“I’m done talking,” Rowena sniffed, poking her nose into the air in defiance.

“Well, maybe you’ll feel more comfortable downtown,” the man gestured to the door. “Take Ms. Johnson into custody for harboring a fugitive. Perhaps a few hours downtown will reshape her thinking…”

Clark placed a hand on the table next to him, reaching for Lois’ white knuckled hand that was gripping the edge of the table. She pursed her lips, glancing at him for a brief moment before tugging her hand away and turning away from him.

He bit his lower-lip, feeling the tension in the air as she folded her arms across her chest, going out of her way to avoid looking at him. If he had to guess she was still stewing over their argument from earlier. The run-in with Bad Brain had distracted them both just long enough but Lois was still angry.

She had called him a hypocrite. The accusation still was hard to digest. True, he did tend to warn Lois to not go rushing into situations without looking, but that was different. This was different. Even as he sat here with singe burns on his skin from the deadly blast Bad Brain had delivered he knew the collateral damage would have been worse for her or anyone else if Bad Brain had been given the chance.

Clark felt a sharp pain run through him as he watched the red burn marks disappear under the sunlamp. He flashed a weak smile in Lois’ direction who was still avoiding eye-contact with him for the moment. A mixture of concern and anger covered her face. He wondered momentarily how long she would continue to stew over what had happened with Bad Brain.

Dr. Klein frowned, pressing against his side, “You’re lucky this didn’t do any further damage.”

“You said that weapon was loaded with Kryptonite?” Lois spoke up, voicing her concern over the poisonous meteorite that had been found inside the weapon Bad Brain had been wielding earlier.

“Indeed,” Dr. Klein nodded, pointing to the large glass case where the weapon in question was under lock and key for observation. “These panels here are powering an electrical circuitry to in essence electrocute the victim and this…” He pointed to the chamber at the end with a frown. “Is where he loaded the Kryptonite to power it.” He flashed a reassuring smile toward Lois, “Don’t worry. It’s a double pane glass with lead mixed in. He’s safe.”

“For now.” Lois commented.

Clark frowned, catching the miffed expression on Lois’ face. He glanced back at Dr. Klein, “And you don’t think it’s a bad idea to have this here where Bad Brain can get to it?”

Dr. Klein pulled out a slim metal remote from his drawer and tapped a few keys on it and the table with the case holding the Kryptonite laced weapon lowered into the floor. Dr. Klein tapped the remote with his hand, “We’ve taken extra precautions this time.”

“Thank you, Dr. Klein,” Clark responded, slipping his shirt back on.

“Well, that takes care of Bad Brain getting his hands on this device, but are we sure there isn’t any more Kryptonite in Bad Brain’s possession?” Lois asked, tapping her foot against the floor.

“I can’t be certain, no,” Dr. Klein responded.

Lois opened her mouth to chime in and Clark chose that moment to cut in. The reality was Dr. Klein didn’t have enough information to say beyond a shadow of doubt whether there was still Kryptonite in Bad Brain’s possession or not. However Lois’ current mood prevented her from seeing that and rather than having her get riled up over the fact that Dr. Klein couldn’t qualm their fears about the Kryptonite he thought it better to try and steer the conversation elsewhere.

“Thankfully my powers don’t seem to have been effected. I just seem to be stunned more than anything.”

“Well, that’s because you weren’t struck with the Kryptonite at full force. Another run-in like that with Bad Brain could kill you.” Dr. Klein warned.

Clark glanced over at Lois as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. The anger that had been simmering across her face earlier was quickly replaced with fear and anguish. He reached over to place a reassuring hand across her face but she pulled away.

“Well, I guess that’s that then,” Lois said, heading for the door. “I mean, it’s not like he’s actually going to listen to anyone’s advice right now. Looking over your shoulder only applies if you don’t have superpowers apparently.”

Dr. Klein shook his head, not saying a word as Clark watched her leave. He glanced toward the window, pondering if he might be better off to just start his patrol early.

Fifth Street Mission was full of activity as usual. The crowded house helped home hundreds and many of them were out for their own selves. Too busy to bother themselves with someone they weren’t familiar with or another face amid the disheartened. In the corner just beyond the crowd Rufus “Bad Brain” Johnson sat among a few rebels, biding his time as he thought out the next move.

With his mother in custody and the police looking everywhere for him the only place to go was truly where you could disappear among the lost. The strategic location within the warehouse district helped him to ensure he could continue his work in secret without making his presence known to that tiresome detective that continued to stalk his every move with those reporters and that pompous caped menace that proved to be nothing but a kill joy.

He needed to bide his time for now and figure out his next move. Most of the inventions he had resurrected out of federal custody had been dissected into dusted paper weights. A travesty he would make sure they would pay dearly for. But for now, he would bide his time. He needed to get the upper hand somehow and he knew exactly how to do it.

He glanced at the clock, watching as the minute hand shifted closer to the nine. ‘Almost time.’

He watched as one of the nuns that ran the place skirted to the corner he was in with a dark cloaked figure. The man had beady eyes and a scar across his face that told him he had seen the dark side of society one too many times. An envelope was handed to the nun by the man and the nun opened it, revealing several hundred dollar bills as they stood a few feet away from him. The nun smiled, pocketing it before disappearing down the long corridor that led to the rooms for the runaway girls. He shook his head in disgust. It seemed even the morally superior could be corrupted with the greed of cold hard cash.

The minute hand fell on the nine and he smiled. ‘Time for some fireworks.’

Lois set her glass on the counter, glancing out the window at the dark clouds that loomed up above. Clark still hadn’t come home after their visit to STAR Labs and she wasn’t sure she was ready to talk to him if he did. Frustration and anger fueled her thoughts as she tapped her hand on the counter, feeling her anger flood through her.

Kryptonite.

The deadly meteorite had wreaked havoc on their lives more times than she could count and now it had reared its ugly head once more. Not only did she have to worry about Bad Brain using the lethal poison on Clark but given the latest news from the doctor, she had to make doubly sure she didn’t come anywhere near the toxic meteorite.

<<“At least ten weeks if I had to guess.”

“You’re positive?”

“We’ll have you schedule an ultrasound at your next visit, but according to your test results you’re pregnant.”>>

Her hand instinctively moved to her abdomen. Jon was out of harm’s way, but this new life was at risk as well. And today’s events had only proven her point of having to stick around because despite promising her he would be careful Clark still was storming into situations that put him right in Bad Brain’s crosshairs.

The phone on the counter rang and she jumped, startled by the sound. She reached over to answer the phone with a defeated sigh, “Lois Lane.”

“If I were you I’d make a trip down to the warehouse district.” A muffled voice crackled through the earpiece of the phone.

“Who is this?” Lois asked, gripping the phone.

“You want to stop Bad Brain and find the missing Kryptonite then you better check out the old Carlin warehouse. Lots of deadly weapons in there…lots of evidence.”

“How did you get this number?” Lois tightened her hand on the handset.

“What’s wrong, Ms. Lane? Don’t you want to stop Bad Brain?”

Bad Brain slammed the phone down, smiling to himself as he turned on his heel. He leaned over to set the timer, whistling to himself as he looked across the array of explosives he had rigged to go off. He chuckled to himself as he headed for the exit.

“One down, two more to go.”

The rain beat against the concrete as Lois fought back a wail of frustration, watching as the building in front of her seemed to sway in the distance. She tucked the damp hair behind her ear and reached her other hand up to block the rain from blurring her vision. This was it. The warehouse she’d been tipped off about. She just had to go in and see what was in there then she could figure out what to do next. The caller had warned her not to bring the police.

A hand clamped on her shoulder and she whirled around to confront the would-be assailant only to find herself face to face with her husband’s concerned gaze. “Don’t do that!” she hissed back, letting out a sigh of relief.

“I just finished my patrol and spotted you down here,” Clark gestured to the rain still coming down. “It’s pouring down rain, Lois. What are you doing out here?”

Lois pointed to the warehouse with her rain covered hand, “I got a tip that Bad Brain’s stashing the Kryptonite and the stolen weapons here.”

“You cannot be serious.” Clark practically shouted, shaking the rain off his glasses. Through the droplets his glasses seemed to fade away, exposing the hidden mixture of Clark and Superman to her as he reached a hand out to pull her to him. “You can’t just go running into danger when you feel like it. This is a trained assassin that wouldn’t’ think twice about killing you or anyone else who gets in his way.”

“Pot meet kettle!”

“That was different!”

“How?” Lois challenged, glaring back at him as she jabbed her index finger against his chest angrily. “Please tell me how it’s any different for me to run into danger versus you when we know the one thing that could hurt you is in that mad man’s possession.” Lois shouted, feeling the fear well up inside her as she stared back at him.

She wanted desperately to share the unending fear that had risen up inside her the moment she had discovered Bad Brain Johnson had taken possession of the one thing that could not only hurt Clark, but possibly kill him. She had seen what that poisonous rock had done to him firsthand after rescuing him from the depths of the hell hole Lex Luthor had trapped him in. She would be damned if she would see that ever happen again.

Then there was Jon. Her innocent beautiful boy who was susceptible to having the same reaction to the poisonous rock. She couldn’t let the same thing that had happened to Clark happen to Jon. She refused to allow the criminals in the world intent on taking on Superman get the upper hand and bring harm to her family.

“Lois, this is insane! You cannot take on Bad Brain by yourself.” Clark fumed angrily as he pointed back to the Jeep that was parked a few feet away. “You saw what he did to those guards. What kind of chance do you think you have taking on someone like this?”

“He has Kryptonite,” she heard her voice tremble as the tears trickled down her face. “I’m…I can’t…”

“Please, Lois, I’m begging you. Let the police handle this.” Clark whispered in her ear. “It’s not worth the headline.” He pressed his lips against her forehead, “Just call the police and let them check it out.”

“The tip said no police,” Lois argued half-heartedly. “What if this is our only chance?”

“What if it’s a trap?” Clark reached down to cradle her face in his hand. “The entire building is painted in lead-lined paint. Why do you think that is?”

Lois bit down on her lower-lip, pondering her next move as she stared back into his eyes, feeling herself waver from the intent she had earlier to storm inside and find where Bad Brain had hidden the Kryptonite and his stolen weapons.

Clark leaned in to capture her lips with his, stroking her jaw with his thumb as he murmured against her rain-covered lips. “I can’t lose you.” He shook his head, “It might be hypocritical and whatever else you want to call it but I can’t lose you, Lois. You’re everything to me and if I have to get down and beg you not to go in there then I will.”

Lois felt tears well up in her eyes as she reached up to stroke his cheek. “You don’t have to beg.”

“Let’s go home,” Clark urged, cradling her in his arms. “It’s pouring down rain and we look like a couple of lunatics arguing in the middle of the worst part of town…” He trailed off as panic filled his eyes and he lunged back with her in his arms and a deafening sound filled her ears. She opened her mouth to ask and he whispered, “I’ve got you. It doesn’t look like anyone was inside thankfully.”

Lois craned her neck up to look behind him and gasped when she saw the warehouse in flames. In the distances she could hear sirens approaching and she let out a labored cry. “I just want to stop him.”

“I know,” Clark murmured in her ear, “but I can’t let you put everything on the line to do that. You mean too much to me and I would fall apart without you.”

“You would not,” Lois heard her voice waver as she choked back a sob.

He helped her to her feet, keeping a hand across her back. “Yes, I would.” Her gaze shifted to the fire crackling then back at Clark who still kept a protective hand on her as he followed her gaze to the smoldering warehouse. “Thankfully there’s nothing nearby.” He pointed to the fire engine that was approaching with the blaring horn announcing its presence. She silently watched as the fire fighters descended the truck and went to work to put the fire out.

She let out a heavy sigh and turned back to Clark, “So, no Superman to the rescue tonight?”

“I think he’s put in enough hours,” Clark whispered, tightening his arms around her waist as he drew her to him. “Can we go home now?”

She took another glance toward the burning building feeling a sense of dread fill her as the reality of how close she had come to being inside that warehouse when the bomb had gone off. A heavy weight pushed against her chest as she found herself unable to control the sobs that escaped her throat.

“Hey, it’s okay. You’re fine. Everything’s fine.” Clark brushed his lips against hers.

“No, it’s not,” Lois shook her head, swiping the tears and rain droplets away. “I hate this. I just want that poison locked away as far away from you and our kids … I wanted so badly for this to be the break we desperately needed. I ignored all the signs…”

Clark cocked an eyebrow at her, grasping onto her minor slip within her ramblings. “Kids?”

She allowed a half-smile to cross her face, “I’m pregnant.”

His lips crashed into hers with an electrical storm of emotion as she lost herself in her husband’s embrace.

Thunder clapped in the background as Rufus “Bad Brain” Johnson tapped his hand on the countertop of the bar he was seated at. A chubby man with grayish hair around his ears and chin stood behind the bar, cleaning glasses while the television played up above his head. Bad Brain glanced toward the television, admiring the flames that flashed on the screen.

“Lucky no one was hurt, huh?” the barkeep muttered, pointing to the red ticker at the bottom of the screen where the message, ‘Abandoned Warehouse Bombed! No Victims!’

Bad Brain slammed his fist on the counter, feeling the frustration flood through him. He had planted just enough information to make that Nosey Lane come running. He stood up from his seat at the bar, tossing a few bills in the barkeep’s direction and then made his way toward the exit.

The door swung closed behind him and he turned the corner, heading back to the Fifth Street Mission when he felt a hand clamp on his shoulder. “Hey, you’re him, aren’t ‘cha? That crazy guy that broke out of the prison and keeps electrocuting everyone.”

Bad Brain scowled, jerking away from the sharp toned female that had dared make contact with him. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Yeah, I do,” she pulled a card out of her pocket and handed it to him. “How’s about an exclusive on your takedown of Super Duper? You too good to speak out to the fans?”

He blinked back in disgust as the rain drizzled down around him, swiping his fingers through his hair, “You got some kind of a death wish? I kill people. I don’t do exclusives.”

“And I write about people who kill people and make them famous,” the woman seemed unable to take a hint as she crossed her arms over her chest.

He glanced at the card, reading the name to himself. ‘Keepin’ It Real With Leslie Willis’ was printed along the top and below in script text was the title, ‘Staff Columnist.’

“You want to talk or you want me to call the police?” she held out a phone, threatening to start dialing. “It’s your choice, Rufus.”

“How about I just shut you up?”

From the pocket in his coat, Bad Brain pulled out a hand-held taser and fired it at her as a loud clap of thunder boomed, followed by a bolt of electricity that struck her at the same time as the taser. He dropped the taser, feeling the white-hot pain singe his hand as she fell back against the brick building. Her blonde hair turned a bleach white from the blast and he backed away, startled by the surprise blast.

He had to get out of here.

Blue and Red lights emitted from the distance and he reached inside his jacket, searching for another round to load his supped up electrical pistol but found it was empty. Anger flooded across his face and he felt a blast from behind him and then heard a voice taunt him.

“I didn’t get my exclusive, Bad Brain.”

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube