Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story partlet is here.

TOC is Here.

FDK goes here. smile

From what I can figure, if all of my half-parts were properly compressed together, this would actually be the tail end of part 30. If I ever post this to AO3, I'll probably renumber accordingly, and if I archive it, it likely won't matter.

This is one of those scenes where I *thought* I knew what was going to happen for a long time, only to be corrected day-of. It was going to feature Clark with a love song stuck in his head all day, and no idea why. I even went so far as to try to figure out which song it would be, thus discovering some interesting facets of French pop music. But ultimately, I couldn't quite work it into the scene, and while I was trying to hammer it in, I was struck with the realization that it was technically breaking the rules of how their telepathy works. So. Another written-in-my-head-only-to-shatter-when-it-hits-paper scene. But at least now I've discovered some catchy music. smile

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 07/17/20 10:00 PM.

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
wave

/adds to list of things to catch up on /

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
That's short but hysterical.

Music spilled through him, beating in time with his heart, almost unheard over soft moans as perfume flooded his every gasping breath. Clark barely heard a faint 'not now!' in his head before his chair slid out from under him.

If Clark is still a v-v-very patient man, he's surely scandalized by now. And he'll likely avoid meeting Michel face-to-face for a while.

I understand about having a scene which works in your head but falls apart when written out. I hate it when I've outlined a scene which I think will take six pages finish in less than two and now what do I do for the rest of this chapter? Writing is hard, y'all.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/pokes head back in/

Queenie, knowing what you were trying to have happen and seeing it here brought quite a giggle as I could totally see the events happening.

Sorry it didn't work in your OBWAT world but I like your little half chapter here and am interested to see where this goes. smile

wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
lol lol lol lol lol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol hail

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary,

I know, it's...been a while blush And to stop on the 'B' part, too shock

all of whom had ties to Lex Corp, of course, but clearly that was just coincidence and he was an imbecile to suggest otherwise.
Of course it has nothing to do with Lex. This is a tale of two Supermen and the shenanigans they get into with their girlfriends, who a) aren't aware that there's two of them and b) can't tell them apart.

"Do you think that maybe there are...certain people...that he just...knows where they are? What they're up to?" A dreamy smile crossed her face. "Like a mental bond, maybe?"
Oooh, what if he air-tagged Lois?

His partner continued to contemplate the ceiling for a while, then suddenly closed her eyes and pressed her fingers to her temples.
"Help, Superman!"?

It would certainly be interesting if he and Lois could communicate the way he could with Michel, although "interesting" didn't necessarily imply "good". The secret identity thing would soon be up in smoke, for starters.
Yes, there’s been fic to that regard. Lois would certainly test her flat hand against steel cheeks if Clark would communicate all his thought about her while he’s near her.

Michel seemed to be in a good mood today, given the faint sense of sheer happiness in the back of Clark's mind which his own exasperating day wouldn't account for. He leaned back and shut his eyes. 'Michel?' he thought out. 'How are things going?'
oops? Michel is French. He has a girlfriend. Don’t go poking around!

There's one good thing about waiting

MICHEL: confused

You get to go the next part immediately!

CLARK: smile1
LOIS: angel-devil Two weeks. That's all I'm saying. Two weeks.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard