Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you enjoyed it! And yes, the title is supposed to be a play on words...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap clap clap

I LOVE IT!!!!

Thank you so much for answering the challenge! This is a thing of beauty! I never even thought about Lucy, but it worked so well!

And this line:
“Oh God, are you sleeping with him too?” Lois asked in a strangled groan.

I literally laughed out loud.

Thanks so much for a wonderful start to the day!

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie!

Glad you enjoyed my take on your challenge! I struggled for a bit deciding between Lucy and Mayson (same basic set up with whoever staying with Clark after a bad encounter) but, ultimately, Lucy was the far more evil route to go. And of course I had to throw in that little dig about Clark and Superman's relationship!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

He yawned again, not bothering to hide it. Up here, in the thin, wispy patches of torn clouds, no one would see it, not even an errant bird.
/imagines Superman getting said bird stuck in his mouth like a biker a fly, ending up looking like Sylvester with Tweety’s yellow tailfeathers sticking out/

And even though they’d been dating for a couple of months now, he wasn’t ready to risk her wrath by calling her in the middle of the night, especially when she was on a stakeout.
Yes, she never likes it when Superman drops in on her breaking and entering.

“Go on,” she urged. “My sister lives here. I’ll call her and have her come down.”
She doesn’t know that he knows?

“Back in a flash,” he vowed again.
Says and rushes off, leaving just a yellow streak behind in the air.

Had Lois ever given Lucy a key to her apartment, in case the need arose?
[Linked Image] Was living with Lois in Season 1.

“I guess you know my sister pretty well,” she hedged after a moment.

He nodded noncommittally. “She’s a good friend.”
CLARK: She was already a great reporter when I first met her but I was surprised how stubborn she was…

Clark shook his head, trying hard not to stammer. “I…don’t have a place,” he gently lied.

Lucy smirked at him. “Sure you do, Clark.
shock

“Those must be some strong painkillers,” Clark weakly joked, but internally, he felt like vomiting.
Yes, vomiting while flying with Lucy in his arms would be awkward.

And though they were a couple now, their relationship hadn’t been without its fair share of struggles. Most recently, he’d been targeted by the unrelenting – and very unwanted – advances of the late Mayson Drake, which he hadn’t been entirely sure how to handle.
Well, he could start by not agreeing to a romantic weekend in the mountains…

but merely securitized him up and down.
[Linked Image] ‘scrutinized’?

Two days went by with barely any word from Lois. She’d checked in only once,
To make sure nobody thinks she’s been lo-napped, huh?

Everything was returning to what passed for normal in his life.

In retrospect, he should have known better.
devil

Lois’ face, if possible, contorted even more, giving her a dragon-like appearance.
So, ready to roast some Khals, instead of the Praying Mantis ready to devour her mate, huh?

“It was bad enough when I assumed you’d hired a hooker, but this….this betrayal…”
Good thing Lucy’s never been desperate for money…
CLARK: I just dialed 0-900-Good-Time…

“It’s not what you think,” he hastily cut her off,
You see, I’ve been stalking your apartment two nights ago…

“Glad to know this is an ongoing affair, rather than a sordid one-night stand,” Lois hissed venomously.
Can you imagine if she got back with a shopping bag and a quippy ‘Honey, I’m home!’?

“Because, Lois, I have never once lied to you.
[Linked Image]

He nodded in submission. “The thing I’ve lied to you about is my relationship to Superman. I’m not his friend,” he said softly.
I’m…umm…you’re getting both of us. A package deal, if you will. You know, me and Superman…

“Oh God, are you sleeping with him too?” Lois asked in a strangled groan.
/points to above confession/

“I…don’t know,” he admitted, shame-faced.
She…probably would have noticed something’s off on her honeymoon. Or, at least, when she gossips after with her sister.

CLARK: Lucy! You said you wouldn’t *tell* her.
LUCY: First off, I didn’t think you’d wait till *after* the honeymoon to not tell her. And secondly, I only asked how super it was!

But I can promise you that the Superman thing is the one and only thing I’ve ever lied about.
/points to his being a v…ery patient man/

“Lois, why would I want to, when I’m already with the perfect woman?” he asked sincerely.
So, she knows he’s married, then?

“Oh my God! She knew before me?” Lois practically yelled.
evil

“It’s not much,” he rushed to clarify. “Just…it’ll probably come off better if you ask, rather than if I were to do it. When you call your sister, can you please ask Lucy to be a…uh…less messy houseguest in the future?” he asked, throwing a fleeting glance over to the undergarments on the floor.
rotflol He means, for when they’ve moved in together?

There were quite the unexpected curveballs in there clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
What a hoot! Using Lucy was the better choice. It made sense for Clark to slip up and call her by her name in that awful situation. Lois' sister was not known for making the best choice in regards to her boyfriends, so this kind of scenario is definitely on point.

“It’s not much,” he rushed to clarify. “Just…it’ll probably come off better if you ask, rather than if I were to do it. When you call your sister, can you please ask Lucy to be a…uh…less messy houseguest in the future?” he asked, throwing a fleeting glance over to the undergarments on the floor.

Years ago I had a house guest who hand washed her underwear and then proceeded to drape it over my rattan chest leaving it wet and smelly. shock Needless to say, when I found out, she did not stay another night. So I can imagine something like this happening. All and all a great story!

Last edited by Morgana; 07/07/20 08:38 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/imagines Superman getting said bird stuck in his mouth like a biker a fly, ending up looking like Sylvester with Tweety’s yellow tailfeathers sticking out/

Superman loses the suspect he's after as a result. He flies to a "helpful" pedestrian. "Which way did he go, George, which way did he go?"
Man points, confused. "Um...he went...thataway!"

Yes, she never likes it when Superman drops in on her breaking and entering.

Lois: Superman? I left my PJ bottoms off for if *Clark* broke and entered, like I did in the Lexor!"

[Was living with Lois in Season 1./quote]

Knowing Lois, she probably asked for the key back to give to Clark. wink (Yes, I know they were living together, but that doesn't mean Lucy gets to keep the key forever. Or a lock could have been changed or something. After all, villains like to target Lois at home.)

[quote]Yes, vomiting while flying with Lucy in his arms would be awkward.

Lucy: (wiping self down) Ugh! Worst. Flight. Ever! Get me your manager.

To make sure nobody thinks she’s been lo-napped, huh?

Lois: Hi, honey, it's me. Just checking in so you know I haven't been kidnapper, murdered, or taken as a political hostage! Love ya!

So, ready to roast some Khals, instead of the Praying Mantis ready to devour her mate, huh?

Lois: Any last words?
Clark: Valar morgulis?
Lois: (nod) Yes, all men must die. Dracarys,

Can you imagine if she got back with a shopping bag and a quippy ‘Honey, I’m home!’?

Oh, that would have been delicious! devil

I’m…umm…you’re getting both of us. A package deal, if you will. You know, me and Superman…

Lois: Clark? I'm not one of those internet ladies.

/points to his being a v…ery patient man/

Clark: It's not lying if I was never asked about it.

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
What a hoot! Using Lucy was the better choice. It made sense for Clark to slip up and call her by her name in that awful situation. Lois' sister was not known for making the best choice in regards to her boyfriends, so this kind of scenario is definitely on point.

Years ago I had a house guest who hand washed her underwear and then proceeded to drape it over my rattan chest leaving it wet and smelly. shock Needless to say, when I found out, she did not stay another night. So I can imagine something like this happening. All and all a great story!

Hi Morgana! Glad you liked it! Both Lucy and Mayson would have made Lois see red, but the added betrayal of thinking that it was her own sister pushed Lucy over the edge. Plus, it was fun to make that cause a revelation. smile

Also, your story made me cringe. How nasty!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

Lois: Superman? I left my PJ bottoms off for if *Clark* broke and entered, like I did in the Lexor!"
/switches off light while heading over yonder/

Lucy: (wiping self down) Ugh! Worst. Flight. Ever! Get me your manager.
Murray Brown: shock And here I thought, with Superman I'd never have to handle *these* sort of messes.

Clark: It's not lying if I was never asked about it.
LOIS: I don't think I ever *asked* you if you where Superman, either... [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is great! I didn’t know about the challenge and didn’t read your summary until after I read it so I was completely taken by surprise. Having Lucy involved was a great idea! Well done! Love the funny ending.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Vicki, Vicki, Vicki... /shakes head/

Just when I think you can't surprise me any more you go and pull a rabbit out of a hat...wearing pink polka dotted underwear.

Great job and wonderful giggle. lol Thanks so much!

Thanks!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
This is great! I didn’t know about the challenge and didn’t read your summary until after I read it so I was completely taken by surprise. Having Lucy involved was a great idea! Well done! Love the funny ending.

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Oh, Vicki, Vicki, Vicki... /shakes head/

Just when I think you can't surprise me any more you go and pull a rabbit out of a hat...wearing pink polka dotted underwear.

Great job and wonderful giggle. lol Thanks so much!

Thanks!

*takes a bow*

Thanks, Val! Glad I could surprise you. Also...I'm kind of thinking I could have went even eviler with a chili pepper motif and "Hot Stuff" written across the back...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard