Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Back to a meaty part. Some more relationship stuff, more plot development, and some more Superman-Lex interaction. A feast for a FoLC.

Bon appetite.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
I'm going to respond here to the comments which have recently appeared in the feedback for earlier chapters to which I've been remiss in writing replies, then post the next chapter.

Amy, thank you for leaving comments on the chapters you've read. For the prologue, you asked if Cat was less than committed to her fiance Mark before meeting Clark (didn't mean to make those names rhyme). Yes, and that's why he gets no screen time. Does Lois' field medic training appease Sam Lane? I'd think not - it's not a steppingstone to being a doctor.

For chapter 1, yes, Lois has different challenges in this tale, and some different strengths. She's loyal to her friends, especially Cat. She doesn't consider Clark to be a personal or professional affront to her.

For chapter 2, folc4 points out that Lois is rarely presented as a combat veteran. That will result in some different reactions under all kinds of stress. And she knows about it: she was one of my team of kick-byline betas. Morgana liked how Cat and Clark met and how well they behaved. Thanks. Under other circumstances, that might have gone pear-shaped.

Yay! cuiadora likes my spelling of Cat's full name! Thank you. And I'm glad you liked the first meeting of the entire trio. And thanks also for pointing out the Clark/parents interaction. I always liked how Jonathan and Martha were portrayed on the series.

Amy, Lois does indeed have a problem, and as a combat survivor she's not unique - or all that unusual. There's a website in chapter 13's FDK where those who are inclined to do so may seek out more information on PTSD sufferers.

For chapter 3, it stands to reason that Lois and Cat have a private sign language, since they're so close and they've worked closely for so long. It will show up again later.

For chapter 4, Morgana was concerned about a Clark/Cat ship (Clat? Clart? CC?) but it's not happening, although Cat might like it to. Amy, thanks for the positives on Cat's character and intelligence. I'd like to think Lois could have done that in the series, because the method of Platt's alleged suicide wasn't believable. I wanted Cat to be a real reporter and not a drag on Lois - and definitely not a slut. And yes, Lois gets along well with Dana Friskin. They've been seeing each other for quite a while now, and for more specific reasons than in the series.

For chapter 5, Amy, I fixed the typo. That got past I don't know how many writer edit sessions and three of the best betas on this site in JellyS2, Darth Michael, and folc4evernaday. They did a great job keeping me on the straight and narrow.

For chapter 6, Morgana, Cat's punch was out of her fear and frustration. She's a bit lonely too. As far as Cat figuring out the secret first - Read And Find Out.

For chapter 8, Morgana, thanks for the thumbs-up on General Newcomb. I thought he was an underused character in his single appearance, but nobody asked me so I'm fixing that now.

Those are all the ones I missed on the first go-round. Next post up soon! Hope you like it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think Cat is genuinely happy for Lois and Clark, but she's also having trouble saying goodbye to her dreams. The physical contact highlighted in this chapter is certainly within the bounds of friendship, but I definitely see why it's bothering Lois. Very interesting to read.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard