Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287261 06/25/20 11:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hope my random little "shower thought" amused you as much as it amused me! (Over 100 days in quarantine has created some odd story thoughts here.) I think we ALL need as many laughs as possible this year.

Hope you are all safe and well!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Yes, after 100+ quarantine days, we all need a light hearted smile. However, you delivered a laugh out loud climax at the final sentence. What a hoot. I’m still chuckling. So fun. jump

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol

Very cute! clap I loved the way they put everything together! It'd be nice to see their parents' reaction to this "discovery". Any chance of a sequel? smile

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, yeah, funny! Good on you, DC. At least this one wasn't dark! And you kept me guessing until the very last line. Well done, Mistress of Mayhem (with vanilla sprinkles, of course).

So the boys think Wonder Woman has the same powers as Superman? Are they in for a shock! I just hope they don't try to "out" their mother by throwing a knife at her.

And yes, I'd like to see the parents' reaction to the boys' "deduction." I know it'd be a pip!

Even better: they see Wonder Woman and Mom together in the same room, so they fall back on the discarded deduction that Mom got busy with Superman. Maybe WW could come to Lois' forty-fifth birthday party and compliment her on her youthful appearance.

Last edited by Terry Leatherwood; 06/26/20 06:49 PM.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap Very cute Vicki!

I welcome more shower thoughts to come out and play.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SupesFan
Yes, after 100+ quarantine days, we all need a light hearted smile. However, you delivered a laugh out loud climax at the final sentence. What a hoot. I’m still chuckling. So fun. jump

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
rotflol

Very cute! clap I loved the way they put everything together! It'd be nice to see their parents' reaction to this "discovery". Any chance of a sequel? smile

I never rule anything out! While this did present itself to me as a one-shot, I would be more than happy to continue it if the muse throws any ideas at me in the future. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Oh, yeah, funny! Good on you, DC. At least this one wasn't dark! And you kept me guessing until the very last line. Well done, Mistress of Mayhem (with vanilla sprinkles, of course).

So the boys think Wonder Woman has the same powers as Superman? Are they in for a shock! I just hope they don't try to "out" their mother by throwing a knife at her.

And yes, I'd like to see the parents' reaction to the boys' "deduction." I know it'd be a pip!

Even better: they see Wonder Woman and Mom together in the same room, so they fall back on the discarded deduction that Mom got busy with Superman. Maybe WW could come to Lois' forty-fifth birthday party and compliment her on her youthful appearance.

Hi Terry! wave

Shocking, I know! I CAN write things that aren't dark and full of terror! And thanks for the title. grin

I'll never rule out a sequel if the muse hits me with an idea. So far, she's content with this, but I do love the idea of them seeing Lois and Diana in the same room together. Or maybe they see Clark leave only to have Batman step into the room? (Sure, he doesn't have powers, but then they would think that they are the children of TWO supers!) laugh

Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
clap Very cute Vicki!

I welcome more shower thoughts to come out and play.

Thanks, Val! I really do love the little shower thoughts that make me giggle (usually evilly) when they strike and immediately start to develop in my mind as I go about my day to day tasks until I can write them down. Thanks for the beta look over too!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Oh boys and their crushes... Of course that means that they've lost their crushes on WW and gained a deeper respect for their mom (even though it's a not-quite-correct one). I guess they don't know about the legend of Ultra Woman, then if they thought she was WW and not UW.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man after 100 days of lock-down, this was definitely a winner!

Michael shook his head but didn’t answer the question. “And notice how everything always gets done around here, even with their crazy work schedules? How else could it all get done, if not for super powers? I mean, the laundry is always done, our house is literally the cleanest one out of any of my friends’ houses, even the ones who have a stay at home mom, there’s almost always a home-cooked meal, unless we all decide to go out or have takeout…” His voice trailed off. He knew he didn’t need to list every example that was swirling around in his head.

Well that makes sense! When you have super-powers, organization at top speed is really easy!

Wonder Woman shock What about Ultra Woman?

Great story DC!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
Oh boys and their crushes... Of course that means that they've lost their crushes on WW and gained a deeper respect for their mom (even though it's a not-quite-correct one). I guess they don't know about the legend of Ultra Woman, then if they thought she was WW and not UW.

Oh, they would probably know about UW, but since she was a "one hit wonder," so to speak, they would never even think about UW. WW, however, in my mind, would be a permanent fixture in society. smile But yes, I'm sure they've had the passing fantasy about WW...before all of this! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh man after 100 days of lock-down, this was definitely a winner!

Michael shook his head but didn’t answer the question. “And notice how everything always gets done around here, even with their crazy work schedules? How else could it all get done, if not for super powers? I mean, the laundry is always done, our house is literally the cleanest one out of any of my friends’ houses, even the ones who have a stay at home mom, there’s almost always a home-cooked meal, unless we all decide to go out or have takeout…” His voice trailed off. He knew he didn’t need to list every example that was swirling around in his head.

Well that makes sense! When you have super-powers, organization at top speed is really easy!

Wonder Woman shock What about Ultra Woman?

Great story DC!

Thanks, Morgana! Glad you enjoyed it! As for UW, she was just a passing fluke from a time before they were born. They would have no reason to even remember she existed, whereas WW would be someone they would constantly see in the news. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful and Considering they know their Mom, completely logical.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful and Considering they know their Mom, completely logical.

Thanks so much! Of course Mad Dog Lane is the super, not their chill dad! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Hahaha, this was hilarious. I just knew something unexpected would be coming, I assumed they would discover Lois =UW, but this is... Oh, i wish to see Lois' reaction to what the kinds "found out". :-)
You gave me a laugh. Cute Story.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Hahaha, this was hilarious. I just knew something unexpected would be coming, I assumed they would discover Lois =UW, but this is... Oh, i wish to see Lois' reaction to what the kinds "found out". :-)
You gave me a laugh. Cute Story.

Thanks so much! I'm sure Lois will find it hilarious that they think *she* is the hero and probably flattered that they think she's a demigod. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

When Lois and Clark’s oldest child begins to discover his powers, he begins to make some connections in his mind…
I know, you’re referring to his deductive capabilities (say, is Clark aware that Bruce Wayne is a great detective and likely rescued Lois at least once when she was visiting Gotham…?) but I couldn’t help but going with the telepathy route and having him connect with some highschool girl he has a crush on evil

A second later, he heard the “Vroooooooooooooom!” she always made when playing airplane.
And a couple years later, the ‘whooooooosh’ she always makes when she sneaks out her bedroom window to mingle with the peers of her age group or sneak off to a fraternity party, trying to pass herself of as a nineteen year old college girl.

BECCA: What? I’ve got superpowers, alcohol or drugs don’t affect me and I can get by on eight hours of sleep a week. Plus, superspeed for homework! And I’m sure the Raven will love my article on how last years star quarterback got caught with steroids and a bought history paper during his freshman year. Really should have asked *me* to the homecoming dance instead of that…that…Cindy just because *her* mother doesn’t know that cotton shrinks when washing the cheerleader uniform top too hot.

And Michael wasn’t entirely sure he wanted his mother and father to know what he was about to tell Chris. Not yet at any rate. He still wasn’t sure he was comfortable with the thoughts that had recently begun to crowd his mind. He still needed to sort through them all and figure out what, exactly things meant.
[Linked Image] Again, conventional wisdom dictates ‘superpowers’, more adventurous wisdom ‘girls’, and the usual twist would be ‘boys’.

Fail your math test?”
Yeah, that would be bad. He needs math to do astral navigation.
MICHAEL: /holds up smartphone with GPS and map app/

Some time later…

LOIS: Clark, Michael’s phone is showing up in Hong Kong, again.

“Chris…I think you’d better sit down,” he instructed, just like their father always told their mother when he was delivering some kind of bad or shocking news.
Like…
“Lois, you know this years Kerth nomination you didn’t get? It’s….that…it’s Linda King, she got it.”
Or…
“Lois, I know this will be hard to take but…you remember your assertion that your Jeep will fit in that parking spot? You were…not right about it.”

red, green, and silver marbles
Is it smart of Lois and Clark to teach their kids that translucent red and green baubles are fun to play with?

“But…how?” Chris asked.
Maybe Mommy was having an affair with Superman some 13 years ago?

Michael furrowed his brow in thought. “Maybe, but neither of them likes to show off, you know?
/points at the row of Kerth Awards with ‘Lois Lane’ inscribed at the bottom neatly arranged in the glass showcase with the backlight and blue velvet covering the shelves and backside./ huh

“Doesn’t it seem weird that Superman just always happened to be around?”
SUPERMAN: /points at shapely attributes/ Plus, she smells really nice, too!

“And notice how everything always gets done around here, even with their crazy work schedules? How else could it all get done, if not for super powers? I mean, the laundry is always done, our house is literally the cleanest one out of any of my friends’ houses, even the ones who have a stay at home mom, there’s almost always a home-cooked meal, unless we all decide to go out or have takeout…”
Maybe the maid’s just gone for the day by the time they get home from school?

“I know,” Michael said with a sage nod as a grin spread over his face. “He’s married to Wonder Woman!”
rotflol

DIANA: What’s so funny about a couple of pre-teens assuming I’d make a perfect 50’s house wife when I’m not out playing the breadwinner or saving some entitled males from muggers?

You know, I did expect them to guess ‘Ultra Woman’ at that last sentence. Very funny, this one!

wave Michael

Edit:

After reading he FDK:
They could actually go, rushing off to research supers, stumble on Ultra Woman and crush on her since she's not their Wonder Woman mother and all that.

And in regards to Clark being Batman, it would make for a perfectly reasonable deduction and validate why they're such great detectives. No wonder their Mom won all those journalism investigation prizes once she got together with Batman. Yes, perfect deductive capabilities. [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Greetings, Michael! Glad to see you around! wave

I couldn’t help but going with the telepathy route and having him connect with some highschool girl he has a crush on

That...likely would have wound up on the *other* side of the boards (if he'd been a few years older).

BECCA: What? I’ve got superpowers, alcohol or drugs don’t affect me and I can get by on eight hours of sleep a week. Plus, superspeed for homework! And I’m sure the Raven will love my article on how last years star quarterback got caught with steroids and a bought history paper during his freshman year. Really should have asked *me* to the homecoming dance instead of that…that…Cindy just because *her* mother doesn’t know that cotton shrinks when washing the cheerleader uniform top too hot.

CLARK: Lois? Get that stash of red K Dr. Klein lent us, would ya?

LOIS: Clark, Michael’s phone is showing up in Hong Kong, again.

CLARK: (sigh) Okay, I'll be back in a jiff. You want some takeout while I'm there?

“Lois, I know this will be hard to take but…you remember your assertion that your Jeep will fit in that parking spot? You were…not right about it.”

And that, dear children, is how Superman REALLY died. Forget that comic book stuff.

/points at the row of Kerth Awards with ‘Lois Lane’ inscribed at the bottom neatly arranged in the glass showcase with the backlight and blue velvet covering the shelves and backside./

LOIS: That's not showing off! That's just proof that hard work pays off.

You know, I did expect them to guess ‘Ultra Woman’ at that last sentence. Very funny, this one!

Glad you enjoyed it! UW was just too easy - but WW made me laugh out loud when the idea hit!

nd in regards to Clark being Batman, it would make for a perfectly reasonable deduction and validate why they're such great detectives. No wonder their Mom won all those journalism investigation prizes once she got together with Batman. Yes, perfect deductive capabilities.

rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

yeah, time's been kind of busy, lately sad

CLARK: Lois? Get that stash of red K Dr. Klein lent us, would ya?
Kryptonian-style valium?

LOIS: That's not showing off! That's just proof that hard work pays off.
laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard