Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello,

I've never posted here, just been a lurker and a reader of a TON of fanfiction over the years.

I had to pay homage to some news today - so this prompted my post. I hope this is okay.

Because of this the fanfics created from the show Lois and Clark, I became a fan of Superman. No one could replace Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain and that chemistry, no one has come close thus far... which in my opinion is why most Superman movies have failed to a degree.

With that said, Arrowverse created on CW (if none of you are familiar) introduced Clark and Lois last year. They are now set to potentially launch a spin off.

https://tvline.com/2019/10/28/super...cvSOyhySafSbOXREWy8jh6qhBxShySSOQoRlo4wk

Personally if it wasn't Lois & Clark back in the 90s I don't think comic book TV shows would be where they are today. I also love how Supergirl has paid homage to Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain with both of them having storylines on the show.

Also in case any of you don't watch Arrowverse - but might be interested. They are getting set to do the 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' which we will be granted 3 Superman's (Tom Welling, Brandon Routh and Tyler Hoechlin) - it's an alternate universe fan-fiction come true! LOL. This takes place in December and January - it will be a 5 episode crossover event.

Enjoy! Comment below if you are stoked by this news and/or fan of Arrowverse as well.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello tooaddicted2tv and welcome,

Thanks for coming out of lurking to share this article with us.

I, too, found L&C to be my "gateway drug" into the general Superdom fandom, and I imagine that it will always remain my favourite take on Clark and Lois. (My favourite Superman is Christopher Reeve.) Having said that, I must say that I am extremely impressed by Tyler Hoechlin and like what little we have see so far of Bitsy Tulloch. I hope the show does make it to TV, lives up to its promise, and delights us for many seasons to come. (I am trying not to get my hopes too high, though, since a lot can happen between a show being in development and it actually being made and broadcast.)

Joy,
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 10/28/19 06:24 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll be the Debbie Downer here. I'm not thrilled about this show. It has all the feelings of someone at the CW hearing the premise Dean and Teri have been talking about for a few years now (Let's focus on L&C raising a family and all the challenges that go along with it.) and taking it as their own idea. And then not hiring the two people who have been talking about the idea. And then there's the fact that it's being referred to as a Superman and Lois show. Not Clark. So I wonder how much emphasis will be on the Clark persona vs Superman. All in all, I *might* watch an ep or two if it comes to fruition, but I'll probably wind up ignoring it. (For the track record, I loathed Smallville and Supergirl, and haven't watched any Arrowverse stuff.)

Also, welcome to the boards! I do hope you stay for a while!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm a little concerned too. I like Tyler Hoechlin as Superman but, as Deadly Chakram has said, we haven't seen any of the Lois and Clark interaction. I'll give it a chance if it gets develops. As to CW show, I'm a fan of Flash and Arrow. Supergirl has it's moments. I'm not overly impressed with Black Lightening or Batwoman. BTW, the cross over episodes are the best! Crisis on Infinite Earths ought to be wonderful!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I think that ign.com's article might reassure FoLCs that Clark will be reasonably prominent; specifically, the part of the article that says, "The new series will build on recent and upcoming developments in Supergirl and focus on the pressures Lois and Clark face in balancing their professional lives, superhero responsibilities, and the complexities of raising a child."

I loved seeing young Jonathan Kent when he had been prominent in the comics in the Rebirth era (before he was aged, sent to outer space, and then sent to the future), and have especially loved seeing the father-and-son dynamics. I have high hopes that Clark will be a very real and major presence in this series, despite the "Superman and Lois" phrasing.

While I would love an L&C sequel with as many of the original cast as are still alive, I think that "Superman & Lois" is the closest we are realistically likely to come. (I would seriously love to be proven wrong on this last count.)

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Tooaddicted2TV! Welcome!

I have to agree with DC on this one. Love the Flash, have never watched Arrow and Supergirl went off the rails after the second season.

Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain have been talking about doing a Lois and Clark reboot for a couple of years. It is disappointing to realize that the CW is basically stealing their premise and making it their own. The chemistry between these two has never been equaled in my eyes so it is unlikely I will be watching it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome Tooaddicted2TV! Glad you've joined us! wave

I'm with DC and Morgana. If it's not Terri and Dean, doubt I'll watch it.

Supergirl had a lot of promise in Season 1, with the backstory and interactions within the Danvers family. And the extended family at work (both of Kara's jobs). I left it after part of Season 3. Or more accurately, it left me by going in a totally different direction. As I understand it, one of their original producers or executive producers left either after Season 1 or 2. I still can't forget what they did to poor Jeremiah and have often wondered if anyone in the producers, writers or directors has a clue as to what a healthy-blended family looks like. What they did to Supergirl turned me off from watching any of their other shows.

The relationships and also the timeless feel of Lois and Clark were what attracted me to the show originally. Sadly, I don't trust what the current crop of executives at the CW would do to a Lois and Clark show with different actors.

Still, my fantasy show would be a reboot with Terri and Dean, especially if he has an active role in developing the scripts. wink

Last edited by cuidadora; 11/04/19 04:41 PM. Reason: edit

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
I'll give the series a chande because I like Clark&Lois from the Arrowverse most of the time, though they're of course very different from "our" L&C who are still unreached.
The "idea stealing" isn't nice, though.

I agree that what they did with Jeremiah is a no-go. I mean, Kara and Alex were both shattered and then he's never mentioned again and everything seems back to normal... What the *** ?
Yes, the first seasons of Supergirl were the best. I currently watch Season 4 and there are several things I'm not so happy with. Though the Show has still it's moments the best times seem to be over, same for Flash and (sometimes) Legends.
Arrow never was my favourite and I just watched it for the continuity.

A sad truth is that, if this series will be produced, we can write-off the L&C Revival with D&T back into our dreams, as well as appearenced of them in the Show because they're already in the Supergirl Show.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
So, now A few informations about plot and characters are known:
https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Superman_%26_Lois
honestly, I'm not sure what to think about it all.
Clark not working for the planet seems... strange. And he being one of the People fired, too, thinking about that he is one of the few People who seems to have a direct Connection to Superman should give him a safe place there.
So the series will be mainly in Smallville - this could be either good or bad, we will see. Bringing Lana (and Family) in there with a big role , on the other Hand, well... i don't know. Hopefully they don't try to make a Clark/Lois/Lana triangle, or i will initially skip it.
And Sam Lane in the Picture... The last time we sar Sam Lane in the Arrowverse he would be definitely the last Person they would let in or who would accept the marriage of one of his daughters to a Kryptonian, but well, maybe they decided to rewrite his character along with the new actor... who knows.
Oh, and the Boys. when I first read Clark and Lois's children will be featured, I thought they would be Young, maybe only a bit older then Jon was during the Crisid arc. But now they sre Teenagers? I mean, HOW??? L&C just got their first child - uhm, a few months ago? And they are somewhere somewhere in their thirtys (clark was Born 1979 there, so he would be 40 now). That would mean they must know each other (and, in Lois' case, Clark's secret) YEARS earlier than the canon-so-far established it)... and how could Lois burvive the birth of the twins? The last time she needed to go to Argo for that, and that wasn't discovered up to 2018..... well, I will stoph here. I know after Crisis some things changed, but this seemst just ... well, you know that i mean.
Anyway, I will give it a try mut my expectations are... not to high!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard