Chapter 14:

Kim looks around and sees her other teammates at other tables and smiles at them. She was glad that there was only 6 to a table so there was no room for Lex to ruin the fun.

Her smile fell when her eyes found Lex. He had sat at the table with some of the more prominent people of Metropolis like the major, the deputy mayor, the chief of police, the fire chief, and other important people.

Still glancing towards Kimberly and Lois from time to time
"I swear I can feel him watching me," Kim said,

"Don't let him get under your skin. let's have a fun night," Lois said, being more social than she usually was.

Kim nods.

Tommy puts his arm around Kim and kisses her cheek. He then whispers some naughty little things in her ear that makes her blush as bright as her dress.

Soon as everyone was seated, dinner was served, and it's an extravagant meal of prime rib and scalloped potatoes and honeyed carrots. For dessert a chocolate lava cake that just melted in the mouth.

Dinner passed by uneventfully. After dessert, Lex stood up and asked for a microphone. "I have a long speech planned later to honor our golden girls, but for now let's dance." before handing the microphone back to the person who had given it to him.

Jimmy comes over and says, "Swell party isn't it?"
"so far, In fact, I haven't eaten that well since I started training." Kim responds with a smile before something dawned her, "I promised you something, Jimmy now come on let me introduce you to someone." Kim smiled pulling Jimmy behind her towards her friend and team member Ali. She wore a long green satin gown and her long red hair was done up in a cascade of curls.

Kim says "Ali, this is a new friend of mine. His name is Jimmy Olsen. Jimmy this is Amber Allison Jensen."

"Please call me Ali." says the aforementioned redhead.

"Jimmy is single and looking for his Cinderella," Kim says with a bright smile.

Ali Smiles brightly and says, "Maybe I can help with that," obviously smitten.

Jimmy was speechless while smiling shyly at her, "Care to dance?" were the only words that came out of his mouth.

Ali smiles and says, "Lead the way prince charming." Kim can't help grinning as the two make their way out on the dance floor.

Tommy walks up to her and smiles and says," Matchmaking again?
"Of course" Kim smiles.

"Would it be alright if I ask the matchmaker to dance?" he asks playfully.
"I would expect nothing less," Kim responds with a playful grin.

It was at the beginning of the third song when Kim noticed that Lex was walking towards them.

"Oh crap," she muttered in a hushed, agitated tone into Tommy's ear.

Moments later, just as a waltz starts, Lex comes up and turning on the charm he asks, "Mind if I cut in?"

Tommy just holds her tighter and closer to him and says, "Sorry I don't do sharing."

Kim adds, "I don't want to dance with you.
I am here with my fiance. I don't want your flowers, your gifts, or any of your time. I just want to be left in peace with the man I already love!"

After what she says Tommy tries to spin her away, but Lex grabs Kim's arm quite forcefully, pulling her back and holding her in place. then says, "You're being rather ungrateful, and after the paper made you be such a darling."

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? WHAT PART OF LEAVE ME ALONE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?" yells Kimberly as she quickly slaps him in the face.

"You don't own me, nor do you have the right to tell me a damn thing about how I'm behaving! Now for the last time, I'm not interested, I'm sure there are plenty of other women here tonight that is more than willing to hang on your arm and occupy your time. So go bug one of them," Kim says in a harsh tone.

Clark quickly stops Jason from charging over and decking Lex. "Let me," then goes over and tries to defuse the situation.

It's going to cause an even bigger scene but he doesn't really care.
Tommy's eyes gave a quick green flash and he growls softly.

Clark then pops up at their side almost unseen and says "Let her go, Luthor!" Clark threatens.

"or what? Isn't it enough you stole my fiance? Now you want her too? What does Lois think of this?" Lex mocked and forgets about Kim for a moment.

Just enough time for Kim to do a quick release move that forces him to let go. She runs off the dance floor over to where Jason and Trini are.

Lex so focused on Clark has also forgotten about Tommy. Who grabs the arm that Lex was holding Kim with and twists it back in a quick and quite painful matter, before saying, "You dare to lay a finger on my fiance again and I will break it off! The line to rip you apart will start behind me."

It is something in the tone in what Tommy said, which was so dark it even gives Clark chills.

Clark responds to Lex's taunt with, "At least Lois trusts me, she never was happier then she is with me."

Clark's words go almost unnoticed as Lex looks at Tommy and sees his eyes flicker from dark brown to bright green for a moment. Realizing that he has underestimated his opponent by far. Mr. Oliver was more of a threat then he has given him credit for. One he has to take more seriously going forward.

Clark looks at Tommy and sees the flicker of his eyes as well and it sends another chill down his spine. "Tommy, let him go," Clark says as he puts an arm on Tommy's shoulder.

"Come on let's go to Kimberly and the rest of the group," Clark says doing his best to calm his new friend down for his own safety.

"You are lucky he is around," Tommy says in a cold voice before letting Lex go.

Tommy released his hold on the man and immediately walked off the dance floor and towards his fiance, who walked straight into his waiting arms.

"It's alright, handsome. I am fine. Calm down, push him back." Kim whispers,

she knew that Dragon had sparked when she saw how he had grabbed Lex's arm. She also knew she was the only one besides Jason to calm him down.

It took a few moments before Kim saw Tommy blink a few times and knew that her fiance had control again.

"Kim, I saw him grab you and I saw green." Clark hears this and looks confused since the expression was normally I saw red.

They hadn't noticed though that Lex had left the room with a tightened jaw, and a bright red spot on his left cheek was Kim slapped him.

He didn't like to be shown up or made to look bad, and Mr. Oliver managed to do both, granted with Kent's help but still it left a bad taste in his mouth.

Once clear of the ballroom and safe in the shadows of the backstage area of the concert hall Lex pulled out his phone and made a call, "Nigel, something's come up..." Lex says over the phone to his right hand.

Back at the ball Kim and Tommy were sitting down at the table with the rest of the group. Kim is watching Jimmy and Ali seemingly having a great time.

"Matchmaking again Kim?" asks Trini.

Kim smiles and answers "You know me, I can't help it"

"It looks like a good match this time." Jason grinned.

Kim says "this time? My matches are usually good."

Jason rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "I can't believe you have the nerve to say that," he says with a smirk

20 minutes went by as Kim, Tommy, Jason, and Trini regaled Lois and Clark with embarrassing stories of each other from high school just like they had at dinner, trying to unwind from what had happened. Just as the good mood seemed to be returning, Lex reappeared on the stage where the band was and took the microphone. It seemed now was the time he was going to make his promised speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming to this ball." Lex started, "To honor these dedicated, hard-working young women. They have competed against the best in the world and managed to bring the gold home to our country. I am not going to bore you all with a long speech when I know you rather dance and have fun. So please have a big applause for our golden girls and I hope they will still enjoy this wonderful evening and our fair city." says Lex with what looked like an almost predatory smile.

The room bursts into applause, for the Olympic team. Unfortunately, it is short-lived for suddenly a series of loud bangs and crashing is heard. Followed by shouting and screaming as smoke emanating from flash-bang incendiaries that are suddenly thrown into the room, making the beautiful faux fairyland forest, into a chaotic war zone.

TBC

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *