chapter 13:

After finishing their lunch the girls gathered their things and got ready in Jason and Trini's room and sent Jason to Tommy's and Kim's room to get ready with him.

About four hours later, the boys go over and knock on the door of the girls’ room, to see if they were ready. So they could head downstairs to the lobby to meet Lois and Clark. Who they agreed to meet there and share Kim's limo to the ball.

Trini opens the door wearing a simple, yet very elegant, canary yellow silk evening gown. Her hair is up in a partial updo with it in a bun with little braids leading to it and the rest hanging freely. She has simple gold studs for earrings and a delicate gold chain for a necklace.

"Hey guys, come in, Kim is just putting on her finishing touches, " she tells them as she lets them in.

"Good, since we have to be downstairs in like ten minutes to meet Lois and Clark, " Tommy says.

"Look who has learned to keep time." teases Jason.

"Funny Jase, I grew out of the whole being the too late thing in college," Tommy replies.

"How many classes did you miss before you got the hang of that one?" asks Trini in a teasing tone.

"More than I care to count," admits Tommy sheepishly.

Just then Kim came out in her gown and she is stunning! Kim has her hair up in curls and has fresh pink roses and golden rhinestone clips woven into her hair.
she’s wearing rose gold heart-shaped earrings, and for a necklace, she was wearing a long rose gold chain with a solitary, pink, diamond heart. One that matches her engagement ring.
A gift from Tommy, for Christmas last year.

"I only wear gifts from my falcon!" Kim said proudly.

This made Tommy grin with pride.

"You look Incredible, my crane," Tommy says to Kim.

"Thanks, handsome," she says and blushes slightly.

Trini looked at her husband. after a moment he says, "Oh, you look really good hon." Trini shakes her head with a smirk on her face and says, " thanks Jase."

"Oh Jason grabs the box from our room I want to give it to Lois to see what we should do with it," Kim asked of him as they got ready to go.

"sure Kim, I'll meet you down there." He replies.

Jason catches up to them, just as the elevator doors opened. They all board the elevator and head down to the lobby.

Where Clark is waiting in a suit that shows off his well-built frame. Lois is with him in a beautiful dark blue velvet gown with a simple silver necklace with a white heart on it.

They see the little foursome and wave to them, Kim waves back to them. After walking over to them Kim says, "You two look nice."

"You guys all look stunning too," Lois says.

"Oh let me introduce you to our friends Jason and Trini Scott," says Kim.

"I feel like I already know you, Kim hasn't stopped talking about you since we got here," Jason says with a smile.

"Only good things I hope," says Clark with a smile.

"Of course says Kim, the only stuff I know yet," she says in a cheeky, kind of teasing tone, as she winks at him.

As they headed to the limo Lois asked, "Did you see the article? "

"I did, it was great. I would love to get a few copies so I can send one to my mother in France," says Kim.

"Did you get into much trouble from your management over it?" asks Clark.

"No, not really. It's such positive press, that the only thing they said to me is they could have sent some of the other girls with me if I had given them some notice." Kim answered.

"Well glad we didn't get you into any trouble," says Clark.

once in the car Lois sees the box that Jason is holding and she can't help but ask," what's with the box?"

The atmosphere in the car becomes silent and icy.
It doesn't take a reporter's instincts to know something was wrong.

"What did he send you this time? let me see it." Clark asked.
they handed him the box, and he opened it and saw the jewels inside. His jaw tightened as he showed it to Lois and she whistled in surprise.

"I figured you know what to do with it," said Kim.

"It was waiting for me in my room after we took Trini to get her dress," said Kim.

Jason remarks, "The last time I saw that kind of ice it was on the travel channel when they were talking about the arctic."

Kim says, "He had to have seen the paper this morning. and still..."
Trini says. "this is like a textbook case of paying attention to someone else to make someone jealous"

"It's a good thing I have my friends around me and more coming in cause this has me a little worried," says Kim.

"You have us too now," Clark says.

Kim nods, and says, "Good. I'm glad. I don't know what to do with that jewelry, but you can take it, I don't want it."

"Give it to me. I will handle Lex, I am not afraid of him," Lois says

Kim says, "OK. Normally I'm not scared of anything, but it's the possibility of what he could do, which is kind of scary."

"I know Lex very well he will not make a scene in an open, public place." Says Lois in a very confident yet irritated tone.

"Good, but it's on the way home from the ball that I'm worried about. " Says Kim.

"Don't worry we won't leave your side,” Lois says.

"Besides our friend is around to all we have to do is call for him and he'll show up," says Clark.

Tommy wrapped his arm around Kim.

"I will give Lex a clear message to leave you alone." Says Lois.

"Good. I just want to be married to my guy and be on our way," says Kim.

"We understand," says Clark as he wraps an arm around Lois.

Kim smiles and Tommy says, "Not to worry, nothing in this world can stop you from becoming mine and I being yours." Then kisses her gently on the cheek.

When they pull up to the front of the metropolis concert hall, it a massive place, and Kim and her friends are in awe. As their Limo is in the line to drop off its passengers by the entrance, Kim looks out the window and pales slightly.

"There he is," says Kim.

"Where?" asks Jason.

"Right there," Kim says as she points out the window.

There they saw Luthor standing on the steps of the hall talking with another man.

Lois says, "Keep an eye on Kimberly, as soon as we get out, I am going to give Lex a piece of my mind."

and they nod as Tommy holds Kim a little tighter.

When their turn comes and they all get out of the car, Lois starts walking towards Lex, but was held back for a moment by Clark, "be careful Lois."

She says, "I will be, I'm just going to tell him in no uncertain terms to leave Kimberly alone. she wants nothing to do with him."

"Alright, but I will keep an eye on you, and you know who will too," he says.

and she says, "like always," and smiles at him.

"Lex, can I talk to you for a minute?" Lois asks as she walks up to him.

He turns to her and smiles that predatory like smile
"Lois, you look stunning," Said Lex.

"Keep your compliments to yourself! I am here on behalf of Miss Hart, she doesn't want your gifts or anything to do with you. I just came over to give you this back, and to tell you to leave miss hart alone. She has no interest in anyone other than her fiance. You got the poor woman scared half out of her wits. just leave her be!" Lois barks at him and shoves the velvet box at him.

She turns and walks away, but Lex smiled he had every confidence in his plan. Even if he was surprised to see a woman pass up such a luxury.

He slips the box into the inner pocket of his jacket and heads into the building for the night's events.

Lois walks back to the little crowd and takes her place beside Clark. "Now if he sends you something again then all you have to do is let me know," Lois tells her.

Kim says, "OK, thanks."

"You think it's going to be that easy?" asks Trini.

"Lois has dated Lex in the past, so she isn't afraid of him," says Clark.

"Normally this kind of thing doesn't scare me either, but for some reason, it seems like he might just go Norman Bates on me," says Kim

"Look I am used to Lex, I know what he is like through Superman and the fact that the police interrupted my wedding. So nothing about him rattles me anymore," says Lois.
Kim nods, then Jason says, " Wait a minute you almost married that guy? why?"

"I still trying to figure that one out myself," answered Lois. The others looked stunned as they go to make their way inside.

Jason jokes, "If need be she could kick his butt."
The others chuckle at this.

"Well, I would love to see that fight," Lois says and laughs, "I know a little Tae Kwon do myself."

Kim tells her what she and Trini have studied for years, and what the boys have trained them in as well.

"Lex better watch out then." Clark laughs.

Trini says, "Damn right! Plus both Jason and Tommy are black belts, as are many of our friends."

Clark laughs, "He really did pick the wrong woman to mess with."

"Yup," says Kim.

"Worse comes to worst, we can always get our resident genius to think something up." jokes Jason.

Lois and Clark looked confused.

Kim says, "Our friend Billy, he is a certified genius
we have all seen him do mind-blowing things or invent spectacular things. If anyone can solve the problem he can."

"You got some great friends," says Clark.

Kim says, "Yeah, I have. I've known most of them since I was exceedingly young."

"You are lucky to have friends like that," Lois says.

"Yeah, fortune has truly smiled on me," Kim says and grins.

They enter into the large space for the ball and it looks like something out of a fairy tale. With twinkle lights and gauzy decorations and fabrics strung around the ceiling and cascading down, as well as wrapped around white textured silhouette cutouts of trees. Giving off the illusion of being inside a fairyland forest.

The tables on one side decked out with fine silver table clothes with shimmering, iridescent, gossamer overlays. Set with golden plates and silverware, and crystal goblets. At every table, the centerpieces were swans created from white and black carnations.

The whole room just seems to dazzle and sparkle like a glittering gem.

Soft music was playing from a big band that was set up on a raised stage toward the back that blended into the decor of the room.

Kim exclaims, "WOW! This is impressive," as she looked all around trying to take in all the splendor surrounding them.

They all took a seat at their table waiting for diner to be served.

With Kim sitting between Tommy and Jason, and for the moment felt safe and happy.
Clark was on Tommy's other side and Lois on Clark's other side with Trini between her and Jason.

"This looks like a fairy tale come to life," says Trini.

Jason responds with, "Yeah including the evil creature waiting in the wings to ruin it all."

"Way to spoil the moment Jase," says Kimberly as she looks at him, as Trini just shakes her head.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *