Chapter 12:

The next morning, early Tommy and Kim are standing in front of the arrivals board, "what flight were they coming in on again?" Kim asked Tommy.

"They should land any minute now, beautiful." Tommy answered looking while looking at his watch, "but to answer your question I think it is flight 462 out of LA."

"There it is! If the information on the board is right, then their flight just landed." Kim said happily, as she points out at the board where the flight is listed as just landed.

It took another ten minutes before two familiar faces came running towards them. It was a happy reunion.

Jason hugged Kim tight and spun her around so her feet came off the floor. She giggled and squealed as he did so.

" Don't break her Jase." Trini said while laughing before hugging Tommy, "It's good to see you." the Asian woman smiled.

"I am glad to see both of you, still alive and happy," Tommy said.

"Yeah, I haven't killed him yet, if that's what you mean." Trini smiled.

"I know my big brother can be a handful sometimes." Kim chuckled.

"Thanks, Kim," Jason said while putting her down.

"It's true you know." Kim chuckled again.

"Let's get your bags and go to the hotel because we've got a lot to tell you," Tommy said.

It took about another 30 minutes to arrive at the hotel. Kim already talked about how she met her favorite reporters.

"If I didn't know better that you were happily engaged I would say you had a crush." Trini teased.

"Okay, so you know I am happy with Tommy. The reporter, Clark Kent is engaged too but man he does look good in real life." Kim giggled.

Tommy just rolled his eyes before saying "I have never seen a man more in love with his lady then he is."

"I have. " Jason teased.

"What is with all the stuff we've been seeing with the big S on it," Trini asked.

"You mean Superman?" Kim asked, "Well, he is the city's very own superhero. Kind of like the rangers was to Angel Grove." Kim answered, then dropped her voice to a whisper, "Well, we have reasons to believe we are talking about one and the same man, but we haven't said anything because we don't want to freak them out."

"You know being there ourselves, knowing what to look for when hiding an identity, it's easier to pick up on it when another does it," Tommy whispered.

"Dude, Why are you whispering? We are in the room all by ourselves." Jason asked.

"I want to be sure no one hears it. These walls could have ears." Tommy explained.

Jason looks confused at him.

"It's a long story that started yesterday." Kim sighed, "which is also why we need to take Trini to buy an evening dress.

“But don’t worry about that we know just the place,” Kim said with a smile.

"They will be happy to see you again." Tommy grinned

“Yeah, I think they will,” Kim responded with a smile.

“Now start the story and tell me how protective I need to be,” Jason said in a serious tone of voice.

Kim sighed deeply. Jason could feel the tension in the room now. He even saw Tommy's eyes go green briefly

Jason whistled before saying, “this must be really bad if we got a flashing green warning sign.”

"We have a problem with someone who always gets what he wants and I am the target." Kim said, “his name is on half the buildings in this town, including this one.”

Kimberly started to tell the whole story, of everything that happened yesterday.

"I am starting to like these reporters," Trini said trying to break the tension in the room, both men were pissed now.

“Me too.” Kim smiled, “let's all go shopping and cool off. Maybe see if we can find a few copies of the paper and look for my article. I would love to send a copy to my mom in France.”

They all nodded and headed out the room, and in the lobby, they stopped at the newsstand and grabbed a copy of The Daily Planet. They opened it up to see the two-page article with color photos.
"The photos are amazing." Kim smiled, "This will definitely be a warning for Lex Luthor."

"I don't know Kim, if this guy is as determined as you say, he may be harder to stop then Goldar," Jason said worriedly

"Yes, but we have a local hero in our corner. They promised that Superman was going to keep an eye out." Kim tried to make Jason's mind more at ease. “They said all we have to do is yell out his name if we need him.”

"They just don't know that we know who to look for." Tommy smiled, "We need to be careful not to show it that we know though, at least until we are ready to explain about ourselves.” As they walk down the street towards the dress shop.

They were greeted excitedly by the daughter of the owner, as they walked into the store. "Welcome back Miss hart.”

“Good to be back. I brought my friend here who also needs a dress since I had such a great experience." Kim responded sweetly.

"We are happy to help your friend." Sherry, the store owner suddenly said from out of the back of the little store.

Kim smiled at her before saying, “That’s great.”

The woman looked at Trini and started to gather some dresses.

"They have some beautiful dresses here." Kim smiled towards Trini

“So tell me hon what are you looking for?” Sherry asked showing her the full rack of dresses.

“Something in yellow and suitable for the event," Trini responded friendly.

“I think we can work with that," Sherry smiled as she whisks Trini away deeper into the store.

A few hours later the little group is walking back after getting Trini everything she needs for the night's event. They stop into a little pizza place since it's still early to grab a pizza to take back to the room to eat before getting ready.

When Kim and the others entered the room and turned on the light they all stopped short behind Kim who saw a big black velvet box with a red bow on it and a white card, sitting on a table in the middle of the room.

"You've got to be kidding me." Kim groaned

She walks over and picks up the card and it reads 'For Cinderella to wear to the ball. LL'

She then pulled the ribbon from the box and opened it and saw a massive to the point of gaudy white and black diamond necklace and matching dangling earrings.

Jason looked over her shoulder and whistled, "whoa that's a lot of ice"

"Argh, didn't he learn anything from the first time. This girl can't be bought." Kim said angrily before she closed it again and tossed it across the room.

"I only wear jewelry given to me by my Falcon," Kim said with a smile looking towards Tommy.

Hearing her say that calmed Tommy down but he was going to be on high alert at the ball so much was sure.

His eyes were still glowing as Jason watches him wearily. He put down the pizza and Trini went and picked up the box and looked at the jewelry inside. "For what this must have cost, one could have bought a small house," she said as she has a surprised look on her face.

Kim walked over to Tommy and said, "I'm right here handsome," before she kissed him, after a few moments they break for air and the green slowly fades from his eyes going back to their normal chocolate color.

"I don't need him or want him. Thankfully at the ball, you are the one I am going to dance with." Kim smiled, "I finally get to show my handsome off to the world. I will be proud to be solely on your arm."

This made Tommy smile again and hug her but his tone was still dangerous, "He better not pull any stunts at the ball."

"I know you can take him, besides you got the big man to call in for backup if needed, and no, I don't mean Jason." Kim said with a wink. "now let's eat." she added on. Tommy nods and Jason said "good idea."

Lex sat at his desk with his paper opened to the page with the article about Kimberly Ann Hart and her fiance Tommy Oliver.

A long chain of smoke collided with the paper right over the picture of Kim and Tommy looking lovingly at each other.

"She's fierce, Nigel. I didn't think she would be brave enough to send me a message like this." Lex said towards his right hand, pointing at the flowers at the children's hospital, "She might be more spirited then Lois is. " Lex said, "Even more suitable to be Mrs. Luthor." Lex grinned, "The plans have changed, Nigel. I still want her but not to make Lois jealous I want her at my side as my wife. I think she more worthy of me. We just have to get rid of the competition"

"How are you going to that sir? He is a formidable fighter and knowing who wrote the article she probably warned Miss Hart already about you." Nigel asked.

"I have some ideas about that. I think it can be worked into the latter half of the ball, have the men on standby."

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *