Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I know this fic was on the archives, but I can't find it and I don't remember the title.

Everyone thinks Clark is dating Superman. Some people get mad and start picketing Clark's apartment. Two of his coworkers try to talk to him about coming out of the closet. Lois waffles over whether she believes Clark about being straight, and she tells him that she won't be his beard.

It was a multi authored fic; I believe the writers were both women.

Does anyone know it?

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There's Is He or Is He Not?, but I don't remember any picketing in that one.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
No, that's not it (but thanks). This was a longer one, and the whole thing started because a tabloid blabbed that Superman had gone into Clark's appartment one night and supposedly stayed overnight.

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Do you mean Brief Encounter? by Wendy Richards and Yvonne Connell

Last edited by bakasi; 06/17/20 02:05 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Better Out than In by Yvonne Connell and Wendy Richards. I think it's on the zoomway boards, not here.

Found it: http://www.zoomway.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=183791

You might have to log in, I think it's behind the nfic barrier because of the gay subject matter, though it's not nfic

Last edited by PuffyTiger; 07/09/20 04:56 PM.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Puffy Tiger, I've a strong suspicion that's it, although the pages keep giving me errors! It being an nfic explains why I can't find it on the archives. Thank you!

~•~
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Sent you a pm with a google drive link to the epub I made of it. I'm not sure of the protocol of sharing stuff like that on the open forum.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Puffy Tiger, I've a strong suspicion that's it, although the pages keep giving me errors! It being an nfic explains why I can't find it on the archives. Thank you!

Queenie,

If you contact Dawn or someone on the Index Crew they might be able to help you out. Looks like it's linked on the old zoomway site which is why it's giving you errors.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Puffy, That's It!!! hyper smile1 dance

Thanks so much!!

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's publically reachable, the links are broken because of a forum upgrade. And for some reason, the search doesn't work for this fic.Google only spits out part 3 smirk

Edit: okay, I looked for Yvonne as the poster and went back 10 years in the search and then could find it by the result list. Will update the TOC later today. Probably a very aggressive search word filter or a broken search index smirk

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 08/02/20 02:37 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Thanks Michael. I'm a reader and not an author. I made the epub for myself to put in my personal library and reader. I did check and you're right, it's not behind the nfic barrier. I've seen some authors are really picky about how their stuff is distributed, and I don't want to step on any toes, even long gone ones, that's why I was unsure if I should post the Drive link publicly.

Queenie, you're very welcome! Enjoy reading it again. I think I'm gonna do the same!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Absolutely!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard