Next Thread
Print Thread
#287024 05/01/20 11:16 PM
D
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
D
I realize I'm a lurker that seemed to have come out from under a rock, post some, then seemingly disappeared. So, I decided to give a proper introduction.

Firstly, my name is Rachelle. I'm from a small town in Indiana (seriously it's small on a Smallville scale). I grew up in a large family, something that tends to get incorporated in my stories.

I watched LnC when it first aired, and a couple years later when it was in syndication on TNT (yes I'm 30). Given that it was years ago, some of my memories of details from the series is slightly lacking.

I feel like I might be going against the grain in saying I was a fan of the early seasons of Smallville (I'm a fan of John Schneider). I am also a fan of later seasons Lois on LnC; because she wasn't as guarded and it showed the fragile heart behind "mad dog Lane."

While I am new to posting on the boards, I have been lurking on the achive for some time. I have also been writing fanfiction for various fandoms for many years. I am currently working on a couple stories for the boards. Which I hope to have up soon.

Not all those who wander are lost.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Welcome Rachelle (Love the name by the way wink)! I'm Julie. I'm part lurker, part participant. It's been a while since I've posted things and only a week or so ago have I had time to read anything (real life likes to interrupt me frequently)

I've always gotten the feeling that most of us on here watched it when it first came out and again under some circumstances. I happen to own the entire series on DVD (heaven forbid they stop working) and I've trained my children (who are now 7 and 12) to love the show (though neither of them like the later seasons because of "all the kissing", and I have a sneaking suspicion that my son (the 12-yr-old) may have Teri Hatcher as his first celebrity crush).

Have you seen the link to the scripts? I use them a lot when I can't watch an episode to answer a question, or when I can't recall in which episode something happened (although the people here on the forum know everything so a simple question would probably be sufficient).

I look forward to reading whatever you write!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Welcome Rachelle. Thanks for coming out of lurking. smile

Although I generally preferred the plots of earlier seasons, I'm with you in preferring Lois as she was written later. I think second season is my favourite, since it combines a non-abrasive Lois with good plots.

I'll elaborate on Julie's tip: The scripts are all downloadable and, except for one, are all in text format. So if, for example, you want to find all of the scripts in which Bobby Bigmouth is mentioned, you can do that with a simple file search in the operating system of your choice. And if you know your way around the command line, the complexity of your searches is only limited by your imagination.

I look forward to seeing your stories. I am sure I am not alone in this -- the FoLCs here generally appreciate a fresh perspective on the characters we have all grown to love.

Be well,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Rachelle! I'm DC, aka Vicki. I'm not an old old-timer but I have been a part of the boards for about nine years now. Along with Feli and Val (Nostalgiakick and Folc4evernaday), I am part of the K-Comm (Kerth Committee), which celebrates and awards our writers for outstanding stories posted throughout the year. (Any fic posted in a given year is eligible and the ceremony takes place the following April.)

I agree with you on the way Lois was presented in the later seasons. I loved seeing the softer side of Mad Dog Lane, though I always appreciated her ability to get right down to brass tacks when needed. There are parts of every season that I absolutely love, along with plots I didn't care for. For example, Season 2 had great stuff with Lois and Clark dating and falling in love, but I can't stand the Mayson and Scardino arcs. I can't stand the amnesia clone wedding arcs but adored the New Krypton stuff that spanned the end of Season 3 into the beginning of Season 4.

Like Julie, I own the series on DVD. It's been a while since I last got to binge, but I'm hoping to entice my six and a half year old twin daughters to give it a shot. Obviously not every episode is age appropriate (later seasons where things occasionally get *almost* hot and heavy between L&C) but I'm hoping to try a few of the early season episodes with them soon.

Welcome to the boards! I look forward to seeing whatever you have to offer as a writer!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome Rachelle.

Another member is always welcome here. Looking forward to reading your stories and comments.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Welcome Rachelle! wave

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard