Next Thread
Print Thread
#287042 05/04/20 06:49 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Hope everyone enjoyed that! Maybe reviews on this will finally push me to finish the second part! huh If my beta's still around, I'd love to get a push from you or anyone anytime!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Christina #287047 05/04/20 11:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is so different. Imagine a Lois spending 100,000.00 for a date with a Superman. It the second part close to being completed?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Christina #287049 05/05/20 12:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm formally requesting the second part, please!

I enjoyed the fic and it is SO like Lois to use her special account to win. She's not Mad Dog for nothing! Hope she goes easy on Superman in the sequel. More please!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Morgana #287050 05/05/20 10:06 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Morgana
This is so different. Imagine a Lois spending 100,000.00 for a date with a Superman. It the second part close to being completed?

It has a lot of major gaps where I have ideas of what needs to happen but not a lot of good writing to follow it. It's a weakness in my fiction writing. It (like a lot of things) is sitting and languishing. Maybe I can finally use my dedicated hour of quiet to try and get something written. Don't know if VirginiaR is still around, but if she is hit me up, this is finally getting dusted off!

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Christina #287051 05/05/20 10:23 AM
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Oh, what an interesting take. I always wondered what this date would be like, especially with Lois as the winner.
I'm sure I read this before somewhere, but i can't tell you where it was, I don't know.
Yeah, we Need a Sequel to that one! The best and interesting part is still coming!
VirginiaR's last Posts were in 2018, her "Wrong Clark" epic is still unfinished... It's questionable wether she will come back, but hope of course never dies. Maybe you find another beta instead...
But I know your Problem. Lots of ideas, but bringing them into something linear to write is way hard. And finding the time to do the writing itself is another Thing.
(I have a couple of ideas to end my fic that I begun last year but can't find Motivation and time to write them down...)

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Christina #287058 05/05/20 10:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this one was posted before. Maybe under a different title? (The Auction looks to be it.) But it looks like you added to it and have polished it since then. I always saw this scene as a turning point for Lois and Clark's relationship. Lois felt rejected by Superman and then was prime for Lex to swoop in and fill the hole that had been left.

The flashback was nicely done.

Consider this the official /*prod*/ for the next (part or fic?) wink

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I thought I might have, but couldn't find it earlier. I suspect this is actually a later version. I hadn't initially wanted to give much detail (leaving them for the sequel) but then, didn't get around to finish it.

Christina #287065 05/06/20 04:19 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What fun.

I thought you were leading to a different way of her winning the money: That she had won a lawsuit against Claude for his story theft.

I'll join in the chorus of FoLCs requesting the sequel.

Be well,
Lynn

Christina #287066 05/06/20 04:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Squee!!! Thank you for posting this!! hyper

Where did that ticket come from? Are time travel shenanigans involved, or did Claude leave it behind, or did Lois really just forget buying it and the universe felt sorry for her?

~•~
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Squee!!! Thank you for posting this!! hyper

Where did that ticket come from? Are time travel shenanigans involved, or did Claude leave it behind, or did Lois really just forget buying it and the universe felt sorry for her?

I explain it in the second part. I think an early version (I think) had Claude leaving it behind and Lois figuring that it was just desserts to claim it. I'm pretty sure that's not the version I went with (more the pity, anything to get back at Claude).

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard