Chapter 11:

They get out of the car and head over to Lois's car, so Tommy can help get the flowers out.
“Now we can get to see them carry it inside.” Kimberly chuckled towards Lois.

Lois chuckled but needed to bite her tongue not to say that Clark could easily carry it alone.

They head into the hospital, which was expecting them, cause Lois called them from the car on the way over.

The CEO of the hospital walked towards Lois and Kimberly, "Lois Lane, I am happy to see you walking healthy inside for once," she turned now to Kimberly, "You must be Miss Hart?”

“Yes, I am.” Kim smiled politely but looked confused towards Lois, “What does she mean by that?”

"I tend to get into trouble from time to time," Lois said, not revealing everything.

"That's putting it lightly, honey," Clark smirked

Kim snickers at this, knowing she not getting the whole story.

“Well, normally superman brings her in cause she needs help.” The CEO explained.

"So you are on Superman's rescue list?" Kim smirked while looking amused towards Lois.

"Yeah well, what can I say I can go quite far for a story," Lois said thinking about which words to use.

Without missing a beat, Clark adds, "sometimes a little too far"

Kim giggles before turning towards the CEO, “The gentleman here in my finance Thomas Oliver.”

The CEO reached out a hand towards Tommy, who took it immediately, “Nice to meet you. You can call me Tommy."

"Nice to meet you, Tommy." The CEO said. Kim smiles brightly, beaming with pride

“Some anonymous soul sent me this floral piece and I thought that it would be better off, brightening the day of the children here instead. As well as meeting a few of course.” Kim said.

"That's really gracious of you, Miss Hart. I am sure lots of children would love to meet you." The CEO answered, “Oh, by the way, my name is Maria Carstairs.”

"I think the boys would love to see some karate tricks, my fiance is an eighth-degree black belt. You know just to forget their problems for a bit." Kim smiled with pride.

"That would be lovely," Maria smiled, the CEO had a soft spot for sick children.

"He can kick a bottle of water off someone's head without hurting him so maybe if there is a brave nurse it would be nice for the kids to see. He is awesome with children too. He taught martial arts after school when we were younger." Kim smiled, looking towards Tommy with affection.

"Why not use Clark here instead of scarring some poor nurse?" Lois said with a smile.

Kim smirks and said, "you know what that is a great idea Lois." then winks at her.

Tommy Smirked and said, "Looks like she made you an offer you couldn't refuse."

Clark responded, "Looks like I've been drafted. Okay, I'll do it."

"Of course, let me get some orderlies to help you with that," Maria said while motioning towards the mammoth floral piece.

Kim smiles and nods. The CEO then showed them to a common area where most of the kids spent time when they were not needed to be in their rooms.

Some of the kids saw Kimberly and ran to the window, "Look that's the girl from the Olympics." A girl said excitedly.
"You think she's coming here." A boy asked equally excited.
"Look, those are the people of the paper daddy usually reads." another boy pointed to Lois and Clark.

All of the kids were thrilled the moment it was clear that they were coming inside. They all went over to see Kimberly and the others, with numerous exuberant chattering and cheers. The gymnast was overwhelmed by all the hugs she received. Jimmy had fun taking pictures of it all. He also took a picture of Tommy with his leg in the air in a mid-kick.

Kimberly, Tommy, Lois, and Clark were all busy with the questions the children had for them, which they all gladly answered. They were all in awe when Tommy kicked a full bottle of water off Clark’s head, while Kimberly did some flips and tumbles.

A few of the young girls took a shine to Tommy and looked heartbroken when he said he was going to marry Kim. Others were in a romantic mood, hearing that they wanted to marry each other.

Lois and Clark planned on using the picture of Tommy kicking the bottle of water as a silent warning for Lex Luthor. A few asked questions of Clark and Lois as well. One in particular that appeared to have a future as a reporter. They wanted to make every child happy so they weren't going to forget about the children stuck in their rooms. They talked with them and took a lot of pictures. The children had a wonderful day, all thanks to Kimberly, Tommy, Lois, and Clark.

Time passed quickly and soon day had turned to night. Dinner time soon came up for the two couples, but first Kimberly and Tommy would visit The Daily Planet. Lois and Clark had decided to go and ask for more space for their article. Perry would love it because it was another exclusive.

"It would be great if you could come with us," Clark smiled, "It would give him more reason to do so."

Kimberly smiled, "Of course, I would be honored to come with you. I love reading The Daily planet online."

"If anyone can butter up your boss, it's Kim." Tommy smiled, knowing what impact his fiance could have on people.
Both Lois and Clark smiled, Perry was going to flip, they secretly hope he wasn't going into his Elvis Presley mode. He surely would want to make it known that The Kimberly Hart had visited his paper. It was time to head back to the paper.

"Welcome to The Daily Planet," Clark said when the elevator opened.

"This is great." Kimberly smiled, looking around.

That was the moment that Perry chose to open his door, "Lois, Clark. How are you doing on that exclusive you promised me at the last minute?"

"That's why we are here, Chief. We need more space. Also, we have a surprise." Clark said.

"What kind of surprise?" Perry asked curiously, now coming out of the office.

"I think he means me, sir." Kim smiled brightly, trying to be as charming as possible.

"Great shades of Elvis! Is Miss Hart really in my newsroom?" Perry asked shocked

"In the flesh. I just had to see this place I'm a big fan of the online publishing " Kim smiled, loving the man's reaction.

"How much room do you need? This will be in the paper too." Perry smiled brightly.

" I was thinking about a full page for the hospital and one for her visit," Clark said, playing with the idea of Perry to write about her visit. Perry nodded in agreement. Tomorrow would be an excellent sell day for The Daily Planet.

"I got sent a lot of things like flowers that seem to be too much for just me so I donated to the children’s wing of the local hospital to make them happy and went to see the children there." Kim smiled.

"Who are you?" Perry asked when he noticed Tommy standing next to Kim.

"This is Tommy Oliver, Chief. Miss Hart’s future husband." Clark said.

" That is the scoop that no one has, the one I would only give to Lois and Clark. In fact, they are the only ones I have ever done an exclusive interview with because they are my favorite writers and I very much wanted to meet them." The Olympic gymnast explained with a smile.

Perry smiled, there was nothing he loved more than to get a major scoop, "I like her." Perry smiled. He was glad he got the chance to meet the woman who gave him a few scoops now.

"I don't want to be rude, but we have dinner plans, so we really must be going," Lois said with a smile before they ended up with one of Perry's stories.

"It was nice to meet you, Mister White." Kim smiled politely before she continued, " This has been an honor getting to see your newsroom, With this being my favorite publications. You lead your people well and it shows." The Olympic gymnast stated with a smile.

"Just one more picture before you guys go?" Perry asked

"Sure, you want to be in it?" Kim asked flashing her winning smile.

"I would be honored. Let's all get in the picture." Perry smiled

Kimberly, Tommy, Lois, Clark, and Perry all pose with The Daily Planet logo behind them while Jimmy takes the picture.

"This was an honor, Miss Hart. I will keep a copy in my office along with all my Elvis stuff." Perry smiled, " If you have a few moments I could show it to you both." Perry added.

Clark goes to make an excuse, but Kim beats him to it and says, "Normally I would love to, but it been such a long day, could I take a rain check?" she asks sweetly.

Tommy struggles to hide his smirk knowing Kim well enough that Kim has no intention of coming back for that.

"This day had its ups and downs but on a whole was lovely, but it picked up the moment we arrived at the hospital." Kim smiled when they stood in the elevator

"I want to see Lex Luthor's face when he reads the article." Clark grinned

"As long as he takes the hint I don't care what it looks like. I don't want to see it anymore than necessary." Kim said sternly.

It wasn't long before they arrived at Lois and Clark's house at Hyper avenue.

"This is a lovely home," Kim smiled looking around.

"Thank you. We found this place after one of our investigations." Not wanting to tell the story because it would include telling that there was a secret department for Superman's spare suits.

The dinner was full of talking and laughter. Kimberly and Tommy had decided to wait for another time to tell them they knew about Clark and by that coming clean with their superhero past. They didn't want to ruin the evening they were having such a nice time.

Last edited by LadyTpower; 04/22/20 09:36 AM.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *