Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Feedback here please! I'll try and be better about responding.

This was just a bit of silliness that popped into my head. The song, Wild-Eyed Southern Boys by 38 Special, I'm not even sure how I came up with it. Just heard the name and thought it was funny, once upon a time a long time ago. The other song, well, I think you all can guess. I'm not going to subject any of you to it by linking it here lol.

Hope you enjoyed!

Fic

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Feedback it is! smile1

Last time she ground her teeth this hard, she was eleven and popped off a bracket on her braces. No, scratch that. Last time she'd ground her teeth like this, she was helping Lucy with a homework assignment. Or maybe it was on one of her many failed dates. Alan, or Mark...

Lois had so few boyfriends that were ever mentioned in the series that I kinda wonder who these guys were. They must have been real losers for Lois to actually grit her teeth at the very thought of them! When you start a fic with a line like this it can go anywhere, and boy did it ever! Who would have thought that Lois and Clark would get involved in this mental/verbal conversation that resulted in a rather innovative reveal. Congrats Mouse! The muse is back in the house.

A sharp noise pierced her skull, and she winced. Martha's voice floated to her, disembodied and a little blurred, the sounds soothing. A spike of fear, dampened by the lens of time, and she called the only name she knew could help. "Clark!"

Hmmm, Martha and Jonathan have been there for all of Clark's abilities emerging except this one.

May I throw in a random theory? grovel When Kryptonians of noble blood reach the age of marriage, their thoughts become attuned to their future life-mate. Since Zara most definitely is not the woman Clark was meant to be with, he is 'matched' with Lois. Just a theory.

Glad you dusted this one from off the hard drive!

Last edited by Morgana; 04/20/20 02:04 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hahaha cute story! And I definitely remember the pinpricks of this tossed around in Hangouts. I'm so glad you decided to give it a go. (Just a thought but this could make for a hilarious Nfic premise after Lois goes home that night...)

Thanks for the much needed laugh, Mouse! (I swear homeschooling is going to be the death of me. Thank goodness my kids can't hear MY thoughts!)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh, that was hysterical. And just the sort of light-hearted fare that is so desperately needed these days.

And here I thought "Achy-breaky heart" was the world's most annoying song...

Be well,
Lynn

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Morgana
Feedback it is! smile1
Yay! Muse is fed!

Lois had so few boyfriends that were ever mentioned in the series that I kinda wonder who these guys were. They must have been real losers for Lois to actually grit her teeth at the very thought of them!
lol Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mark/Alan was the hypochondriac she was talking to Lucy about in the pilot when she was looking for a date for the ball... but that was written by a younger Mouse, so you'd have to double check with Folc on that one. grin It was a throwaway line.

When you start a fic with a line like this it can go anywhere, and boy did it ever! Who would have thought that Lois and Clark would get involved in this mental/verbal conversation that resulted in a rather innovative reveal. Congrats Mouse! The muse is back in the house.
Haha, thanks! Much is owed to the crowd over in Hangouts. Definitely the inspiration for this one.

Hmmm, Martha and Jonathan have been there for all of Clark's abilities emerging except this one.
Yeah! Definitely thought it would be an interesting angle for Clark to discover a new power in Lois' presence.

May I throw in a random theory? grovel When Kryptonians of noble blood reach the age of marriage, their thoughts become attuned to their future life-mate. Since Zara most definitely is not the woman Clark was meant to be with, he is 'matched' with Lois. Just a theory.
A film theory. :P Also, a correct one. That's definitely where I derived this ability from. I stopped shy of mentioning it in the fic because I wasn't sure how to naturally include it, and also I didn't want it to drag on too long. But if a sequel comes...

Glad you dusted this one from off the hard drive!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

--Mark Twain
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What fun! It would definitely have made things interesting if they could read each other’s minds. Super cute!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Hahaha cute story! And I definitely remember the pinpricks of this tossed around in Hangouts. I'm so glad you decided to give it a go. (Just a thought but this could make for a hilarious Nfic premise after Lois goes home that night...)

Thanks for the much needed laugh, Mouse! (I swear homeschooling is going to be the death of me. Thank goodness my kids can't hear MY thoughts!)
Haha, thanks! I thought it came out of a hangouts blurb, but couldn't find any original notes, just the first half of the fic. Glad you liked it- happy to provide some giggles in the chaos! More giggles will be delivered soon. (And don't think my mind didn't drift that direction... evil )

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Oh, that was hysterical. And just the sort of light-hearted fare that is so desperately needed these days.

And here I thought "Achy-breaky heart" was the world's most annoying song...
rotflol that's in the running! Glad you enjoyed it! Trying to keep some angst away for a minute. Thanks for the fdk!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 04/20/20 08:01 PM.

--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by jackiek
What fun! It would definitely have made things interesting if they could read each other’s minds. Super cute!
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! I thought it would be a fun twist.

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
(And don't think my mind didn't drift that direction... evil )

Dooooooo ittttttttt! evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Wow, that was great! I loved how light hearted it was. And the sympathy Lois felt for his fear was nice. It's always frustrating when someone lives a song that just annoys you to no end... And I second DC, you should totally do it smile

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Wow, that was great! I loved how light hearted it was. And the sympathy Lois felt for his fear was nice. It's always frustrating when someone lives a song that just annoys you to no end... And I second DC, you should totally do it smile
Thanks! Glad you liked it! Tried to give Lois a snapshot into his head so she wouldn't just go off the deep end. Sympathetic Lois is nice.

--Mark Twain
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Haha, what a cute nice Little fic! You made my day a bit happier.
I was always fascinated by the idea of telepathic Kryptonians (or, rather, the possibility of L&C being so) and was sad the Show never mentioned it again after the NK arc, especially because it seems to be the only Superman Format to have this (well, except the Karry Universe Millma fanfics, but that doesn't Count).
So funny how Lois and Clark start to realize what happens. Sequel(s!!!) needed!!!
You asked for your Inspiration - maybe it was your own Telepathy challenge you posted quite a while ago (talking about that, there is still a Little Baby I have to finish...)
PS: @Chakram: Oh, you have my sympathy. Uup to the last week, my Little brother (6) was in the flat and I tried to learn for University... Need to say more?? (now he is in School care, yeah!!)

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Thanks for the story! First I've had chance to read in a while. Very fun as a one-off but I agree--I wouldn't complain if a sequel (or series) came along.

Shallowford

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard