Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well... it's no April Fools' day... It's real! This little drabble popped into my brain. Hope you enjoy!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aweww!!

So funny.rotflol

So sweet sloppy

Thanks for the waffy giggle

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Mouse is back! party

So, with all the pink Lois was wearing, does that mean she's having a little girl?

Thanks for the laugh!

Last edited by Morgana; 04/02/20 09:21 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Awww. How sweet. I think that while you were away, our muses traded places. (It is good to have you back. smile )

Knowing you, I had more than half expected the last line to be that a frog croaking revealed to Clark that the main story line had been (in Poe's words) but a dream within a dream. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Be well,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mouse!
Clark hung up the phone with his folks, a sigh in his chest. Something felt off. He couldn't put his finger on it. It had been nearly two months since he and Lois had wed.
Oops? Wait, didn’t the clone have a 14-day life expectancy?

She was bubbly, and pink, and giggly, and--
Lost a couple IQ points to the ring?

She giggled again, and he was briefly reminded of his earlier doubts. He stammered a little as he started talking. "And you're so... Happy."
*chokes* Mouse did not mean it like *that*!

He shuddered. Uncanny. But still not right. "It's like you're not Lois."

Her eyes shuttered for a brief second before she smiled even brighter. His heart skipped a beat at the confirmation.
laugh
[Linked Image]

Her hands drifted to her belly protectively, and a bout of nausea washed over him.

"I was planning on telling you over dinner. Congratulations, Superman. We're pregnant."
laugh Okay, the math *can* work what with it having been *two* months since the wedding-related activities started, but it does feel kind of sudden.

"Just the normal frog noises you hear in any old bathroom. Aren't you happy?"
laugh

A frog hopped across their bedroom floor.
Leaky pipe.

Lex grinned smugly. "She's mine now. Lois gave up on you as soon as she found out that you were having a half-clone half-alien baby with her knockoff. She said if you couldn't tell a difference, you must not love her."
rotflol He’s just…not longer a v…very patient man. It’s just…biology? huh

He put a loving hand on her heavily protruding belly, and laughed at the giddiness that filled him. Parents. They'd be parents in about two weeks time. "It's just nice. To have you here, with me. With our little peanut on the way. You guys instantly relax me." He took a deep breath and let go of the nightmare that never was. Everything was perfect, as long as he had his Lois by his side.

It was a dream come true.
MXY: wave

/checks date of post/ I see. Cute one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mouse! *pounce*

Fun little ficlet! Thanks for sharing it. I can definitely see where Clark might be traumatized from the whole clone thing (having had both himself AND Lois cloned at different times). You had me going with the pregnancy/two months of marriage thing until Lex popped up. I definitely laughed!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Hahaha Glad it was only a dream! Good one!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
wave Sorry about the delay! I moved shortly after posting this, so I haven't had a chance to come back and check out your replies till now. Thanks for the feedback and the warm welcome back! Hopefully you'll see a little more of me around here soon. Definitely got a few things in the works, but I don't want to overplay my hand.

And Lynn... I can't say I wasn't tempted to twist it again. evil But I left it short and sweet. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard