Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#286717 03/25/20 03:00 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Midweek quarantine break! Hope you are all still well!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
DC,

Oops, posted in the thread, so I posted it again here.
Yet again, another uplifting chapter filled with a promise of future happiness. (Yeah, right....). With the stay at home coronavirus mandate, I confess reading 2 chapters a week has been quite relaxing. Thank you for posting twice a week. A date later that night you say? Well, he has the charcoal suit that fits so well. Will she wear burgundy? Can’t wait to “Read all about it!”

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
So. Clark's going to play hardball right out of the gate. And Lois is going to call the pitches. That's two strikes on Luthor already.

How long can he and Lois pursue this investigation before Luthor gets wind of it? Is this where you bring in the other supers? I bet Batman could nail down some really juicy tidbits on Luthor's criminal past (and present, I presume) if he were asked nicely. Wonder Woman has always had something of a soft spot in her heart for Superman/Clark/Kal-El, so I'm sure she'd lend a big hand. Aquaman could monitor Luthor's businesses that ship overseas (I know the President has to put his income-producing assets in something like a blind trust, but that slimy worm would find a workaround) and fill them in on Luthor's international criminal activities.

But Clark and Lois have the most invested in this situation. To varying degrees, both want revenge, but I think more than that, they both want justice. Clark needs justice for the decades stolen from him. Lois needs the same thing for the same reason. I'm only concerned that she might go too far if Luthor gets the green K drop on Clark. That will be something to watch.

Nigel is highly skilled, but he's also twenty years older. I don't care how strong or fast or diabolical or merciless, there comes a time when the body just won't go like it once did. The old man will either have to give way to a more fallible operative or risk having Lois take him out. She's no spring chicken either, but she's younger and more driven and it's hard to stop an opponent who has nothing to lose. Lex and Nigel have everything to lose, and they won't give it up easily or quietly.

We still don't know if Superman will return. I personally think not, but he may have to or someone might die. And Clark won't let that happen. He'll go full-on public with the Secret first.

I wonder, after they get started, if Batman or one of his proteges will shadow Lois to keep random assassins out of her hair. And whether some of the other supers will spell him. Maybe we'll see President Luthor go berserk over all the superheroes opposing him at once.

Almost forgot! James Olsen, editor-in-chief, husband, father, with a balanced workload and a good perspective on life. How cool is that? Or is it "smooth?"

James (or Jim) has a big choice to make here. How long will it take for him to believe that this tale isn't something Clark made up to fill in the memory gaps? How much will he support them? Defend them? Will his own family be put in danger? Oh, the angst possibilities!

I'm still well, still reading, still waiting for the big confrontation with Lex. It's gonna be epic, I just know it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SupesFan
DC,

Oops, posted in the thread, so I posted it again here.
Yet again, another uplifting chapter filled with a promise of future happiness. (Yeah, right....). With the stay at home coronavirus mandate, I confess reading 2 chapters a week has been quite relaxing. Thank you for posting twice a week. A date later that night you say? Well, he has the charcoal suit that fits so well. Will she wear burgundy? Can’t wait to “Read all about it!”

Thanks so much and I'm glad I can offer a little but of fun while we all sit around and wait out this virus. I just wish I had more than 24 chapters to give. (Waiting on the muse to either jump on one of my epics in my "Fic Graveyard" folder or give me something new.) You will definitely be seeing that date soon. Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
So. Clark's going to play hardball right out of the gate. And Lois is going to call the pitches. That's two strikes on Luthor already.

How long can he and Lois pursue this investigation before Luthor gets wind of it? Is this where you bring in the other supers? I bet Batman could nail down some really juicy tidbits on Luthor's criminal past (and present, I presume) if he were asked nicely. Wonder Woman has always had something of a soft spot in her heart for Superman/Clark/Kal-El, so I'm sure she'd lend a big hand. Aquaman could monitor Luthor's businesses that ship overseas (I know the President has to put his income-producing assets in something like a blind trust, but that slimy worm would find a workaround) and fill them in on Luthor's international criminal activities.

But Clark and Lois have the most invested in this situation. To varying degrees, both want revenge, but I think more than that, they both want justice. Clark needs justice for the decades stolen from him. Lois needs the same thing for the same reason. I'm only concerned that she might go too far if Luthor gets the green K drop on Clark. That will be something to watch.

Nigel is highly skilled, but he's also twenty years older. I don't care how strong or fast or diabolical or merciless, there comes a time when the body just won't go like it once did. The old man will either have to give way to a more fallible operative or risk having Lois take him out. She's no spring chicken either, but she's younger and more driven and it's hard to stop an opponent who has nothing to lose. Lex and Nigel have everything to lose, and they won't give it up easily or quietly.

We still don't know if Superman will return. I personally think not, but he may have to or someone might die. And Clark won't let that happen. He'll go full-on public with the Secret first.

I wonder, after they get started, if Batman or one of his proteges will shadow Lois to keep random assassins out of her hair. And whether some of the other supers will spell him. Maybe we'll see President Luthor go berserk over all the superheroes opposing him at once.

Almost forgot! James Olsen, editor-in-chief, husband, father, with a balanced workload and a good perspective on life. How cool is that? Or is it "smooth?"

James (or Jim) has a big choice to make here. How long will it take for him to believe that this tale isn't something Clark made up to fill in the memory gaps? How much will he support them? Defend them? Will his own family be put in danger? Oh, the angst possibilities!

I'm still well, still reading, still waiting for the big confrontation with Lex. It's gonna be epic, I just know it!

Hi Terry!

You know Clark. He's not going to rest until justice is served. For him. For Lois. For his parents. For the world. I mean, a President like Lex is bad news for everyone. But he's smart and very willing to move in the shadows, so to speak. He knows he can't risk Lex getting wind of his investigation. Lex might be busy leading the country, but he still has his spies.

I like your thinking on the other supers and hope I can deliver to your expectations.

Nigel is definitely older and not as spry as he once was. Which is one of the reasons why he's kept so close to Lex. That, and Lex trusts him. So, while you won't see Nigel leaping fences to get to Lois and Clark, he's still a worthy adversary. He's still smart as a fox and just as deadly.

I promise you will have an answer on whether Superman returns or not by the end of the fic. Hopefully, it's satisfying either way. Bats and friends are absolutely protecting Lois and Clark, as much as they can. They can't be everywhere at once, of course, but rest assured that at least a few attempts have been foiled.

I'm glad you like where Jimmy wound up. He was very pleased with my muse, even if everyone else in the fic screamed at me that I'm a horrible person.

New chapter this weekend, right around the close of Kerth voting!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard