Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RL Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You certainly have a talent for making things vague. I think everyone thought Lena was Lois. Now we find she's Monique Manchester, if that's her real name. It's still quite possible Lena is Lois because of this line...

He was struck again by the thought that he had met her somewhere before. There was something about her... Oh well, it would come to him sometime.
However, the Lois we know would never blackmail Clark with exposure for personal gain nor would she let the bad guys get away with guns. Plus Lois did not seem to know him in his super guise.

Yet, we know that Clark in any normal universe is only attracted to Lois Lane.

Well, you're keeping us on the edge of our seats waiting to find out the true identity of Lena. More soon! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Thanks for commenting, I know it's been a while between posts (part 4 is almost done). BTW to answer a couple of your questions, Clark is indeed working freelance at the moment and the title 'Ms.' does not mean she is married, just that she doesn't like the old connotations that went with the title 'Miss'.

I hope you'll like the next part.

-- Taivas

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whew! I started feeling uneasy as I soon as I read the revelation conversation. Lena's comments and replies seemed too carefully calculated for me. When the flash-forward (or present, really) had a woman reporter appear, panting, at a Superman (not Superman yet, right?) rescue, I felt relieved! Lena is NOT Lois. Lena, instead, is Clark's Claudette, so to speak.

It hurt to watch Lena play Clark so carefully on her string, but it was very well done. And when she carefully suggests blackmailing him for future "assistance"... well, wow. This woman is evil. Good evil, though. smile

Kudos to Clark, too, for being so efficient and careful about stopping the gunrunners in their tracks. And I had to laugh at "Men! Alien men!" as a great turnaround from the line on the show. smile

Soooo, Clark and Lois meet for the first time! hyper Very nice Lois babble there. Will we get to find out why Clark chose to settle long-term in Metropolis? Why he hasn't bothered getting himself a job at the DP?

I have only one niggling problem here. Clearly, Clark has been performing open super rescues for some time now, as the firemen knew who he was and the Spanish couple, despite the husband's inital fears, weren't skeptical about his abilities to fly them to the hospital. (Loved the Jon/Juan bit, btw.) I find it hard to believe that NO ONE has yet tagged Clark with SOME kind of name or other. Whether he likes it or not, some of the tabloids, or even the more respectable media, would have surely given him some name by now. The Metropolis Marvel? The Angel? *Something.*

This has been a great elseworlds so far, Taivas, and I'm looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Taivas

WOW! An excellent part! smile1

I love Clark and Lois's first meeting.
I'm looking forward to them seeing each other again. goofy
Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Thanks for the further comments. It really helps when thinking where the story is going next.

To answer some of Hazel's questions about Clark's job situation, his superhero name, and why he's in Metropolis, I offer this excerpt from Part 1:

He still hadn’t settled on what to do in the next couple of weeks about living arrangements. He had been so busy the last month playing superhero, that he had neglected his writing. Staying in Metropolis for this long was not in his plans, but the city seemed to cry out for help. Being the largest city in the world, it naturally had more that its fair share of crime and disasters.

Normally he liked to spread his time out among many places in the world, never staying in one place for too long. Not only so he could share his abilities around the world, but he didn’t want to stay in one spot too long and be recognized by anyone. True, the suit that his mom had designed for him did seem to distract people from his looks, but he didn’t want to take any chances. Though he really needed to give some thought to giving himself a name when he was in the suit. A variety of names had been assigned to him around the world, but even after all the good he had done, there were still many people nervous about him because of his distant and mysterious nature. Maybe it was time to have more direct interaction with the public, and not worry so much about being recognized when he was wearing the suit. The glasses and hair change did seem to fool people, and he tried to look and act as ordinary as possible when not in the suit. He had learned that people tended to see what they expect to see.
I hope that answers your questions Hazel. I was hoping to take a different approach on why Clark is in Metropolis and why he stayed more than usual.

And thanks for the encouragement <nervous expression on first time author>

-- Taivas

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto Hazel's comments! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
So Lena wasn't Lois... wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow!!!!!

Wonderful stuff, Taivas!!! I just caught up with all three parts!!

Somehow I don't think we're quite done with this Lena person -- Where's Clark's parents? Are they still okay?

/me is getting nervous that she knows the secret... help

More soon!! You've got me hooked!!

Missy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part Taivas.
ditto others
more soon please
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard