Next Thread
Print Thread
#286605 03/15/20 07:05 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
It’s been brought to our attention that there was an error made on the Kerth nominees list that we have now fixed.

I’d like to take this opportunity to make everyone aware that the KCOM has been running SEVERELY under strength so far this year as I have been dealing with life-changing family issues.
Val, Vicki and Annette have done an incredible job of taking the Kerths through nominations with little to no help.

We would appreciate some support and understanding while we attempt to pull the Kerths together through illness and emergency.

We are not perfect. We are human.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Feli! You know we've always got you back. Here's to hoping nothing else goes awry this Kerth Season....

Please bear with us during this unusual Kerth Season. The three of us are human beings with jobs, young kids, illnesses in our families, and all the other things that life entails. We're not robots. We're not perfect. If the occasional mistake happens, it happens. As much as we'd like to be perfect, we aren't. Whether we're going cross-eyed over UBB lists, counting, comparing, recounting votes to ensure we all match and have the right list to present, spending late nights compiling the eligibility list, making banners, writing the Ceremony Script, setting up the chat, and everything else the Kerth Awards demands...we can only do so much. As unpaid volunteers. So please, remember that and be gentle and kind if you happen to notice an error. We're more than happy to fix a mistake. But, like all people, we want to be treated respectfully.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi NK and DC,

Reading between the lines of both of your posts, I deduce (I hope, incorrectly) that someone has been giving you some flak regarding the awards ceremony. I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry you have been subjected to whatever happened.

I haven't been participating in anything Kerth-related this year (an insanely busy 2019 kept me from reading most of the stories), but I have an inkling from years past just how much time and effort it is to put together the ceremony and everything leading up to it. It saddens me that your reward for your efforts was to be given grief for an honest error.

Thank you for taking time from your busy lives to try to do something positive to support others who share a love of Lois & Clark.

In these challenging times, it is especially important to (in the words of a movie I never managed to sit through) "Be excellent to each other." Thank you for being excellent (or should I say "super"?) to us.

- Lynn

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 03/15/20 08:41 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!

Thanks for the kind words. They mean a lot to us all. smile

Unfortunately, it's a yearly thing where the KComm isn't perfect enough for some. We don't mind constructive questions/comments/etc, so long as it's done kindly. We're human and can only deal with so much negativity, you know?

Hoping things get easier for you this year (despite the royal dung-show 2020 has started out as) and that you're able to at least enough the Kerths to whatever extent you can. We hope to see you at the ceremony, even if it's just to hang out in the chat and have fun with us. smile Hopefully the world will be less overall stressed by then too so we can all be way more relaxed (and freely eating all the stockpiles of snacks we have in our pantries). goofy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am sorry this has happened! The KCOM has always done a FANTASTIC job pulling together the awards ceremony. During my own family crisis the FoLC have given me smiles, belly laughs and sometimes a wry chuckle! So despite being limited this year I will definitely be sending in my presentations.

Stockpile of snacks? Maybe. But I have been baking like crazy! Tonight I'm making an Apple Crumble. Next week: hot cinnamon rolls. Ted and a few seniors we know will be getting to sample these.

In the meantime: Battle On!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard