Chapter 9:

Tommy and Kimberly stood in front of the shop window of the store Dream Gowns. They were looking at various dresses before walking inside.

"This seems like the right place, small but quaint. Let's see if we can find something the will leave you and everyone else drooling." Kimberly smiled looking through the window. They both entered the small store, the bell of the store chimes above their heads.

A young woman stepped out from a row of racks from their immediate left. She had nice curves and long blond hair in a ponytail. Her eyes green like emeralds, "Can I help you?" She asked politely before noticing who her customers were. Once she did her eyes grew large before she turned her head and shouted, "MOM! MOM!! COME HERE! YOU GOT TO SEE THIS!!!"

They hear footsteps rushing towards them, suddenly an older woman who was the mirror of her daughter appeared before them. A look of shock upon her face. Her mouth fell open in shock, but recovered after a moment or two and pulled herself together and in her most warm and professionally polite tone she said, "Welcome to Dream Gowns, I'm Sherry Smith, and you met my daughter Lindsay.”

"Aren't you Miss Heart?" The young woman interrupted in a curious tone.

"Who won the gold medal?" Sherry asked. They weren't used to having celebrities in the shop. Especially not someone they both looked up too.

"Yes, I am." Kimberly smiled softly, "This is my fiance, Tommy Oliver. We need a formal dress for tomorrow's gala."

" Well, congratulations on winning the gold medal Miss Heart, may I thank you for gracing our little shop with your patronage," says Sherry.

Lindsay says "This is so cool! can we get a picture?"

"Lindsay! Don't pester her." Kimberly smiles, "It's alright, Sherry. I would love to take a picture."

So Lindsay hands Tommy her phone so he could take the photo.
Mother and daughter thanked Kimberly for the picture, "Did you have anything in mind?" The older woman asked as Tommy handed Lindsay her phone back.

Mother and daughter thanked Kimberly for the picture, "Do you have anything in mind?" The older woman asked.

"Something Elegant, ethereal. I want a dress that makes me look good and makes him drool." Kimberly giggled looking at her fiance.

Tommy smiled at that, "I am good with that."

Kimberly shook her head and smiled while following the mother after have taken pictures with them.
Lindsay asks "how did you hear about us?"

"Oh, Lois Lane referred me," Kim said while smiling at the lady.
"You know Lois Lane?" Sherry asked both curious and surprised.

Kimberly nodded, "Yeah, I did an exclusive for The Daily Planet this morning. She and her partner interviewed me. She is a lovely woman and they make a sweet couple too."

"What size are you dear?" Sherry asked

Kimberly smiled and mentioned she is a size seven.

"I have here a shining green strapless dress." Sherry handed her a Jessica Rabbit kind of dress in green.

Kimberly took the dress and although the dress was nice it wasn't really what she was looking for, "I'll try it on but we better keep looking."

"I'll start a pile," Lindsay said sweetly while she grabs an empty rolling rack and placed the green dress on it. Within minutes Sherry and Lindsay filled the rack with a selection of different dresses.

"I think I can start trying things on," Kimberly said when she saw Lindsay hanging one last dress on the rack.

Sherry leads Kim to the dressing room with the rack as Lindsay leads Tommy to the viewing area with the three-way mirror on a little stage with a few seats around it.

After a few minutes, Kim comes out in the green dress that they first found. As she steps up on to the platform with the mirrors and looks at herself and while it's a lovely dress on her she has not quite sold on it.

So she asks Tommy, "what do you think?"

Tommy says "well, that definitely checks the makes me drool box" and chuckles
and Kim says, "I know when it comes to certain colors it's all too easy to make you do that." Kim teased then says "I'll going to try on some others.” and she walks back to the dressing room and comes back out a few minutes later in a solid black stain dress and she steps up on the platform and looks at it and again she looks lovely but still not feeling it.

"what do you think?" she asked and turned towards him.

“You’re beautiful but what matters is if it makes you happy,” Tommy responded noticing that it wasn’t what gave her the spark in her eyes.

Kimberly agreed with him, “You’re right, handsome. I don’t think this one is it.”

The young gymnast turned around and walked to the dressing room once again. She tried on the next dress and came out in a white gown, with cap sleeves and red crystals that cascaded down from the bust along with the skirt giving it the illusion of poured water, as the bottom hem is all red. She looks at herself and is impressed. She smiled and turns to her fiance, she hears him growl slightly. That sound made her giggle, “I take it you like it.”

Tommy nods eagerly, “I don’t think we make it out of the room if you are wearing that.”

Kimberly chuckles again, “We can’t have that, I actually have to show up to this ball,” Kimberly turned to Sherry, “As stunning as this dress is, it feels too much like a wedding dress, I already have one of those, sorry.”

“That’s okay, dear we understand. You do look stunning it, though.” Sherry smiled.

After going back to the dressing room, she comes back several more times, in several different dresses, one being bright red, purely made of lace that seemed a little too sexy for that event. She didn’t want to pull more of Lex Luthor’s attention than needed. A blue sequin dress, that seemed more like a prom dress, not really what she was looking for either. The next one was a green and silver dress with a checkerboard design, that just didn’t look right. The dress after this one was a purple silk gown that looked fabulous but just wasn’t what she was looking for and she could tell that Tommy wasn’t liking it either. She went back into the dressing room to try one last dress.

When she came out this time Tommy’s jaw fell open. Kimberly was draped in a bright, vivid pink silk that was slightly off the shoulders, with a sweetheart neckline. At the bust, there is an insert of golden fabric that had almost a gossamer appearance. It shimmered and caught the light in such a way that made her glow like a jewel. The same golden fabric hugs down several inches from the narrow pink stripes of fabric that created a delicate and elegant sleeve.

Kimberly was gorgeous, ethereal being and Tommy couldn’t believe that she was his.

The former pink ranger looked at it and smiled feeling great. The moment she turned around to ask him about it she actually saw him drooling, as gazing at her starry-eyed and she knew that she found it, “Yup, this is it. This is the one!”

After shopping for shoes, make-up and some jewels to go with the dress they entered the hotel room happily. Kimberly smiled even more brightly when she saw a massive floral bouquet in the room.

“Handsome, you shouldn’t have,” Kim smiled walking to the large display of different colors carnations shaped like an American flag.

“I would like to say I did, but I didn’t beautiful. I would have bought you roses, the flowers you love so much. I really can’t afford something like this either.” Tommy said his jaw tightened.

Kim felt silent and her bright smile fell when she looked at the card before she started reading with a worried voice, “To the most beautiful of America's golden girls…”

“Who is it from?” Tommy asked worried now at the sight of Kimberly going pale.

Kimberly gave the card to Tommy and she saw his eyes turn green before he crushed the card in his hand, “I am going to call Clark, he needs to know this.”

TBC

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *