Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I am fully aware of the disregard for canon and overall weirdness of the crossover, but it was just too much fun not to do! devilsplat

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I am so delighted you threw canon out the window! An imaginative, very satisfying romp. May the force be with you. lol

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Interesting.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SupesFan
I am so delighted you threw canon out the window! An imaginative, very satisfying romp. May the force be with you. lol

And also with you...whoops, sorry, "Force" of habit as a Catholic. grin

Glad you enjoyed this weird tale. I've been toying with it since "The Last Jedi" but couldn't quite get all the details locked into place (it took forever for Tarkin to slap my in the brain and say "Here I am! Use me!"). Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
Interesting.

Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is really good, DC. I like the idea of a Luthor-like character who isn't Zod destroying Krypton with a sense of satisfaction and vindication. And I loved the "That's not a moon!" moment between Lara and Jor-El. To me, it's perfectly reasonable that Jor-El would tell his son a different story as to why Krypton no longer exists. He'd hate for Kal-El to grow up focusing on getting his own revenge, especially since Jor-El doesn't know who's killing them and can't give him any useful information at all.

And Clark will never know. The only one with the whole story went down with his beloved Death Star. Yay for the rebellion! You saved the Last Son of Krypton from becoming a bitter, obsessed man with a self-assigned lifetime mission of vengeance against the murderer of his people. The murderer of Krypton is dead and Kal-El has no clue.

Although it might be interesting to have seen a Super-Rebel zooming in and cutting star destroyers into tiny pieces. He could have taken out Darth Vader and Palpatine earlier, too, although that would have invalidated the Chapters 5 and 6. Maybe in the next "what-if" tale...?

Good job! Very inventive and imaginative, with plenty of detail and a good POV mix. Boo on Tarkin! Grand Muff, not Moff, if you ask me.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
This is really good, DC. I like the idea of a Luthor-like character who isn't Zod destroying Krypton with a sense of satisfaction and vindication. And I loved the "That's not a moon!" moment between Lara and Jor-El. To me, it's perfectly reasonable that Jor-El would tell his son a different story as to why Krypton no longer exists. He'd hate for Kal-El to grow up focusing on getting his own revenge, especially since Jor-El doesn't know who's killing them and can't give him any useful information at all.

And Clark will never know. The only one with the whole story went down with his beloved Death Star. Yay for the rebellion! You saved the Last Son of Krypton from becoming a bitter, obsessed man with a self-assigned lifetime mission of vengeance against the murderer of his people. The murderer of Krypton is dead and Kal-El has no clue.

Although it might be interesting to have seen a Super-Rebel zooming in and cutting star destroyers into tiny pieces. He could have taken out Darth Vader and Palpatine earlier, too, although that would have invalidated the Chapters 5 and 6. Maybe in the next "what-if" tale...?

Good job! Very inventive and imaginative, with plenty of detail and a good POV mix. Boo on Tarkin! Grand Muff, not Moff, if you ask me.

Hi, Terry! Glad you enjoyed this! It was really fun to spin the typical "Krypton exploded" tale to something darker. (But I like playing in the dark, clearly.) And you know I absolutely had to throw in the "that's no moon" line. More fun than just "I have a bad feeling about this" line. smile

Of course, there's no way Jor-El can know that by being compassionate and saving a life, he doomed his world. So he can't tell his son that...nor would there be the time to give him the full story in the messages. But I agree, a super-rebel could be fun. Although, that's assuming the Empire hangs out in yellow sun zones. Imagine Clark flying space all super and then BOOM! Powers and yellow sun are gone.

Also, side note, until I wrote this, I thought Moff was the first name...which confused me when we met Moff Gideon in the Mandalorian. I was like "how many dudes have the SAME name in that galaxy far, far away?" Yep, it's a title, not a name. Ha!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale. But it clearly demands a sequel.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful tale. But it clearly demands a sequel.

Thanks so much! It was designed as a one-shot, but I will never say no if the muse comes up with sequel material! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
shock

Wow, this is an interesting take on rewriting the origin of Krypton's death. Great job! thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
shock

Wow, this is an interesting take on rewriting the origin of Krypton's death. Great job! thumbsup

Thanks! It was really fun to cross the two over. I felt like "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me" when I was writing. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard