Chapter 8:

"Cool, we have been rescued by Superman lots of times. You see I used to have a crush on him before I fell in Love with Clark and that's why bandits take me a lot," says Lois.

Clark smirks at this and says, " you don't give yourself enough credit honey. From what I heard, you were a magnet for trouble long before superman arrived."

Both Kim and Tommy chuckle at this, especially after Lois gave Clark a dirty look.
"And just what does that mean?" asks Lois.

"Well from the way superman told it, he spent half his time just rescuing you. " Clark answers smugly.

Kim just shook her head, knowing the feeling of being a favorite target all too well!
She then quickly looks at Tommy and he nods ever so slightly. Upon seeing this small exchange Lois feels her instincts tell her, that there is more to the story, that for some reason they are unwilling to share.

Tommy jumps in and decides it be safer for them to change the course of the conversation. Even if they both know his secret, he didn't like Clark fishing around about the rangers, he might be starting to suspect from them the same they did from him.
"Are we going to be seeing you two at the ball or is that too small an event for you to be covering?"

"Yes, I am invited by Lex personally, though I don't know why he still bothers at this point," answers Lois somewhat distastefully. "He can't understand, or get over the fact that I chose Clark above him," she added.
Kim smiles then say, "good I'll know someone there besides my teammates and my handsome falcon, a girl can never have too many allies." then winks at them both.

"I'm guessing this guy is a little more dangerous than Bulk and Skull ever were." Kim remarks. Causing Tommy to snicker at that.

"Without knowing too much about the two your talking about I can certainly say that Lex is very much more dangerous," Clark says with a bit of edge to his voice, a tone Kim and Tommy recognized for it’s the same way they talked about their past enemies.

"I used to think that he was a good man." Lois sadly.

Kim asks. "how you find out he wasn't?"

"Let's just say he opened my eyes when I almost married him. I stopped the wedding because I had feelings for Clark. Though him getting arrested at the wedding, was a big hint. the green-eyed monster of jealousy came out of him, and it was quite vicious." Lois answered while Kim snorts a bit at the green eye part.

"I guess someone rich enough and powerful enough to have his name on things all over town doesn't like to be told no, especially Lex Luthor." Tommy surmises.

Lois says, "you would be right."

Tommy says, "I'm glad skull never had any power behind him."

Kim smirks and then says, "I know right!"

"What about this Skull? Did he fall for you, Kim?" Lois asked
Kim answered, "He had a total crush on me, he and his buddy Bulk were the school bullies and loved to pester me. Thankfully they were more inept than anything else. That’s how Tommy and I meet. He saved me from their harassment."

Tommy says, "They long since grown out of that phase and are friends of ours now, but still they made things interesting"

"Are they coming to the wedding too?" Clark asks.

"Ah no, they are busy running their hotel, just our inner circle her mom and stepdad and my parents and brother," Tommy answered.

"We booked a little church outside of town overlooking this beautiful garden. From there we are flying off to Paris for our honeymoon." Kim says as she smiles brightly.

Tommy says, "Aisha said the tailor finished your dress and is bringing it with her when she gets here in two days."

"Oh probably they same church we will be using in 6 months," says Lois.
Kim smiles then ask, "that little one in the suburb of the city?"

Lois nods then say, "it is beautiful isn't it?"

Kim nods in agreement, then turns to Tommy and says, "that great news about my dress."

"What great news?" asks Clark.
"My dress for the wedding is ready. I had a fitting about two months ago during the break in the tour. It's done and my friend is bringing it with her." Kim answers with a smile.

"I know you will be gorgeous my beautiful princess," Tommy says sweetly as he smiles at her.

Kim blushes and beams at his praise.

"I just can't wait to see you in your tux handsome," she says as she beams with love.

"It's going to feel like a fairy tale after so long." she adds as Tommy responds, "Yes and we have great friends that are helping us pull this off or we never have gotten this done in time."

Lois smiles. "I got my dress too hanging at my parent's place."
Kim smiles then say,"that's great! Now the only dress I need to worry about now is for tomorrow night. Any recommendations on where to go? Since you know the town better than me? Someplace that doesn't put money in Lex's pocket?"

"Well, there is Dream Gowns around the corner. It's a privately owned, small, high-end store. one of the few not owned by Lex in this city. Besides any store like that would love to have someone high profile like you coming in and buy a dress from them" says Lois. "I fact tell them I sent you. I've bought from them a few times in the past." She added.

This makes Kim happy as she smiles and says, "Thanks"

"Now handsome let's go we need the dress for tomorrow evening,” and he says in return, "Sure thing beautiful." grinning at her.

"Thank you so much for lunch," Kim says with appreciation.
"Think nothing of it we were happy to do so," says Clark.

"Well, why don't you two come to the hotel that way we can go together. They are giving me a stretch Limo to use," says Kim.
Lois says, "I wouldn't want to intrude." and Kim waves that off making a small snorting sound. "No intrusion at all," says Kim.

Tommy says If your not too busy working."

"Okay then the ball starts at 8 pm so we will be in the lobby at 7 pm," says Clark.
Kim smiles and says. "Great. we will see you then."

Kim and Tommy then stand up and go to leave smiling and head off to the dress shop.

Lois smiles, “Once they are out of sight she says, "I like those two."

Clark looks at her and says, "so do I, but I think he suspects."

"How would that be even possible?" asks Lois surprised.

"Maybe they just know what to look for. I don't know just from the questions he was asking I swear he figured something out. But then I think they aren't being 100 percent honest either. Do you think they could be involved with their local heroes?"

Lois says, "With everything we have seen and been through over the past few years, I say anything possible. But they are so young? how do you hide something like that at a young age? We'll have to do some research on their heroes. what were they called again?"

"You know I hid my powers too. From quite an early age as well. I was bench pressing cars when I was thirteen. I think they called themselves the power rangers," Clark said.

Lois says. " I think your right, we should look into it. there something missing from their story, there more to it I'm sure of it, good point about the hiding powers thing. Puberty must have been a fun time for you and your parents." she says to him with a sarcastic smirk.

"I want to be sure before I say something, I don't want to spook them," he says and she nods

TBC.

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *