#286319 01/26/20 01:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Have an awesome weekend, everyone!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm not scared this time.

I'm just bummed out.

Clark isn't getting better yet. Lois is busting her own chops for taking so long to find him and not being able to come up with any real leads on her own. Martha is in pain, watching her beloved son wander through a shadow existence, not understanding a thing about what's going on.

And Lex Luthor is President. How much crueler could you be?! (<<-- "interrobang" - question asked with great emphasis and urgency)

Oh, and Nigel is on Lois' trail, sniffing out Clark's scent and ready to do murder most foul.

A stray thought: Nigel takes some time to find the right moment to finish off Clark. Clark sees him and associates him with pain. Clark reacts instinctively, without conscious thought or even any understanding of the consequences of his action, and burns a hole in Nigel's chest with his returning heat vision. Nigel falls dead. Lois grabs Clark and Martha and they run to Gotham, where Bruce Wayne shelters them. Using Batman's resources, Lois eventually tracks Nigel's trail back to Luthor and confronts him. Luthor laughs and pulls out a pistol to shoot both Clark and Lois. Martha hits his wrist with something and knocks the weapon out of his hand. It falls to the floor and discharges upon impact, hitting Luthor in the belly. The bullet tracks up into and out of his skull and he falls dead instantly. His Secret Service detail then shoots Martha, Lois, and Clark to death. No Utopia for this world.

Next day, Vice-President Catherine Grant (whom Luthor thought would be perfect non-entity) takes the oath of office and sets about to clean up Luthor's mess. She is reelected and becomes one of the best Presidents in American history.

My muses need a vacation.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!

I'm actually really glad you've moved into the "bummed out" territory. I was hoping to take my readers down into the same darkness Lois and Martha are facing. What a task they have ahead of them - in either helping him recover or helping him recover just enough to exist without really living and learning to accept that he's gone for good. You have to wonder about that level of depression that would seep in.

Lex as President is well...just one more facet of the evilness. I have a few more nasty things to put our heroes through. Murder might be a blessing here. wink

I really do love the weird paths your muse travels down. It's wonderful! Even if it's not in line with how things unfold in the story. But it does make me aspire to be crueler in my dark fics in the future. devil I will confirm the absence of Cat in the fic though. Sorry!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Speak of the devil and then he appears! I suspect it was already written in, but that was good timing!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
Speak of the devil and then he appears! I suspect it was already written in, but that was good timing!

Scum always floats to the top. Thanks for sticking with this! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard