#286284 01/19/20 02:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Enjoy! And thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Okay. Deep breath. I have finally been able to catch up on my reading.

20 years? 20 years? help

DC, your writing is both a blessing and a curse.
evil

The BLESSING is your incredibly creative mind. Your ability to write a deeply moving and layered story is evidenced. You should be very proud of your work. thumbsup

The CURSE is the excruciating detailed combination of nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs cemented with a few other parts of speech that paint such a vivid image of the ensuing events. This powerful writing is like watching the story on an IMax screen. Add Dolby surround sound and seat motion and you have dished up quite a horror story. I find myself breathing a bit more forcefully and calming an unsettled stomach after reading each part. I am almost afraid to open the parts. devilsplat

This story reminds me of a get well card I once received. The front of the card said, “Cheer up, things could be worse.” I opened the card and inside it said “Sure enough, I cheered up and things got worse!” splat

As of part 9, thank the stars we are past the torture. I had begun to worry that it would never end. Hell without hope of redemption. It didn’t feel reassuring when reading Terry’s FDK. Two outstanding wordsmiths bouncing death fic / tragic accidents ideas off each other is not settling.

Having said all this, I await to see how this story goes forward. The optimist wants things to get better. The realist isn’t sure what the gifted writer will do....” shock

You keep on writing, I’ll keep on reading.

Supes Fan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, thanks, SupesFan, for all the kind words!

I get oddly proud of whenever I torture a character/the readers. It's fun. Or maybe I'm just really twisted. evil I do know the feeling of being afraid to open a new chapter (but dying to do it anyway). There have definitely been authors and stories here on the boards that have done it to me.

Just remember - the torture is over for Clark. Well, physically anyway. What's going on in his head is anyone's guess. It's his friends and family's turn to be mentally/emotionally tortured seeing what he's become and not knowing what might happen in the future.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the ride as much as I enjoyed crafting it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I don't remember, is Luthor dead in this version? It would play into my hope that he will be ok (or at least be able to be recuperated).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I don't remember, is Luthor dead in this version? It would play into my hope that he will be ok (or at least be able to be recuperated).

Nope, Luthor is very much alive in this world. Alive and more of a problem than he was when the fic began. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard