Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
For those who don't know or need a refresher: For The Man Who Has Everything is a classic Superman story. One of Superman's enemies traps him in a plant called the Black Mercy, which causes its victim to imagine living their ideal life. In the original comic, Superman dreamed that Krypton had never exploded, and he was living there with a wife and son. The animated version had him on a *farm* on Krypton, and his wife was a Kryptonian Lois Lane.

So the question is: what do you think our Clark would dream while in the thrall of the Black Mercy? Who imprisons him in it, and who tries to set him free? And how *does* he get free?

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Queenie,

Good question. A lot would depend on when the Black Mercy got a hold of him. Early in the show, his dream would probably revolve primarily around Lois. I think the more interesting take, however, would be later -- when he and Lois were already married. I think the dream would involve them having kids, but also would have his dual identity known to the world, but in such a way that there would be no possible negative reprisals for him, his family, or his friends. I think having a secret identity galls him -- both because he is, at heart, an honest person who hates lying and also because his secret prevents him from getting really close to almost anyone.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard