Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Story is here.

Comments are always welcome and feed the muse! hyper

So, does this story interest you enough to read a sequel and find out if the loose ends are all tied up? Inquiring writer wants to know...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by cuidadora; 12/31/19 04:12 PM. Reason: typo correction

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

Lovely little tale cuidadora. Thanks for sharing. clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for commenting, folc4evernaday! Glad you enjoyed it. hyper

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At the Merchant’s Bank no one seemed to notice the tall, quiet, dark-haired man with the camera case over his shoulder. Paul Forrester had spent years on the run with his son, Scott. Blending in was now second nature for him. He found it interesting to observe others and their reactions.

Talk about a blast from the past! What a great show!

Romantic was his love for Jenny, and hers for him. Loving someone so much that you would sacrifice yourself, your freedom if it meant theirs. George Fox, the FSA agent obsessed with capturing an alien and his progeny, had made Scott and Jenny’s lives a living hell for far too long. After Superman interceded, the case had been quietly closed. Although George did not go quietly or willingly. Sadly, the last Paul knew he was confined to a maximum security mental health facility. Maximum security due to his previous security clearance levels, and the government secrets he knew. Mental health facility because despite Superman’s assurances that Paul was no threat to national or international security, he continued to spout his paranoid delusions of an incoming alien invasion.

Am I missing something here? Or is this just backstory? VERY interesting!

It was almost 9 at night when Clark sat on a bench across the street from Lois’ apartment pretending to read a newspaper. He wasn’t sure when the clone would arrive, so he’d been sitting on this bench for two hours. Clark had been listening to both the sounds of the city around him and to Lois in her apartment.

He could hear her racing around the apartment. It sounded as though she was making dinner.

Lois? Making dinner? Maybe it’s takeout?

Lois cooking? help Who needs kryptonite?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
At the Merchant’s Bank no one seemed to notice the tall, quiet, dark-haired man with the camera case over his shoulder. Paul Forrester had spent years on the run with his son, Scott. Blending in was now second nature for him. He found it interesting to observe others and their reactions.

Talk about a blast from the past! What a great show!

It was!

Romantic was his love for Jenny, and hers for him. Loving someone so much that you would sacrifice yourself, your freedom if it meant theirs. George Fox, the FSA agent obsessed with capturing an alien and his progeny, had made Scott and Jenny’s lives a living hell for far too long. After Superman interceded, the case had been quietly closed. Although George did not go quietly or willingly. Sadly, the last Paul knew he was confined to a maximum security mental health facility. Maximum security due to his previous security clearance levels, and the government secrets he knew. Mental health facility because despite Superman’s assurances that Paul was no threat to national or international security, he continued to spout his paranoid delusions of an incoming alien invasion.

Am I missing something here? Or is this just backstory? VERY interesting!

It's an expanation about what happened between the end of the Starman series and the L&C Vatman episode.The Starman TV series ended with George Fox still chasing Paul and Scott. Jenny had been with Paul briefly during the Starscapes two-part episode, but they were separated again. This was my in-between story to explain why Fox is no longer chasing Paul, Scott & Jenny, and that Paul and Jenny did get together. I need to elaborate a bit. My idea was that after Nightfall Superman was given accolades and politicians were falling over themselves trying to do something for him. Clark didn't ask for anything for himself, instead figuring out how to get Fox to stop chasing Paul, Scott and Jenny, so they could be a family.Thanks for catching that! I didn't mean for it to be so confusing. I'll fix the story.

It was almost 9 at night when Clark sat on a bench across the street from Lois’ apartment pretending to read a newspaper. He wasn’t sure when the clone would arrive, so he’d been sitting on this bench for two hours. Clark had been listening to both the sounds of the city around him and to Lois in her apartment.

He could hear her racing around the apartment. It sounded as though she was making dinner.

Lois? Making dinner? Maybe it’s takeout?

Lois cooking? help Who needs kryptonite?

rotflol

Thanks for reading & commenting! wave

Addendum: Story updated 01/05/2020 for clarification.

Last edited by cuidadora; 01/05/20 03:44 PM. Reason: addendum added

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“He’s alive?”

“Yes, and quite healthy.”

“Thank you. How old is he?”

“Three years.”

“Wow. Will he remember any of this?”

“I don’t know. I suspect he’ll remember your kindness. The rest, I don’t know.”

There is so much going on here. David is three years old mentally and physically? Where would he live? The Kents are getting up in years, taking care of this young man would be a challenge for them. Clark has a full life of his own so this would also present a huge change of circumstances for him as well.

Should there be a sequel?

Yes!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
“He’s alive?”

“Yes, and quite healthy.”

“Thank you. How old is he?”

“Three years.”

“Wow. Will he remember any of this?”

“I don’t know. I suspect he’ll remember your kindness. The rest, I don’t know.”

There is so much going on here. David is three years old mentally and physically? Where would he live? The Kents are getting up in years, taking care of this young man would be a challenge for them. Clark has a full life of his own so this would also present a huge change of circumstances for him as well.

Should there be a sequel?

Yes!

Thanks for reading and commenting! wave

Working on the sequel. And I plan on it answering all those questions, and the others I came up with. wink

Cuidadora

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Okay, so I have to comment on that.
I knew the Starman TV Series even before I got to know Lois & Clark - and I was fascinated with the Paul Forrester character.
Indeed, after knowing both Starman and L&C, I once thought about it what it could've been like if this two Starmen would meet - at least Clark is a reporter and Paul a photographer, so why not?
When I began to discover fanfiction, and L&C fanfic in specific, around September 2018, one of the first fics I read was the L&C/Starman Crossover fic "Friends forever" which I highly enjoyed. (For those who want to red it, it's located here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8164239/1/Friends-Forever It*s worth the read)
I was also one of my first experiences with crossover fanfic and stangely, this story quite good could be a sequel of sorts to this story - I don't know if this was intended or not, but for my inofficial brain canon, it is.
I love that you used Paul to help Clark and Lois with the clone. His death and the fact that no one seemed to care or could do anything against it was always something that made me sad about that particular episode - though Clark having problems with clones seemes to happen often in Superman-media, like in the Young Justice TV series where Clark wants Conor/Superboy out of his life for no real reason, something that made me dislike this Superman... but well, that's another topic. :-)
The idea that the frog part is in charge for David being an adult and simply putting that away and letting him be near the age he should is awesome and very clever.
Like Morgana I'm very curious what happens next, how Clark will deal with David now, and which impact that and having Paul on the scene will have on Clarks relationship with Lois. Not to mention that with the knowledge Lois has now, it's unlikely that she will accept his proposal.
Oh, and I loved the Cat scene - she and Original Paul are very similar characters, when one starts to think about it... :-)
However, go on with this!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi BP!

Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
I knew the Starman TV Series even before I got to know Lois & Clark - and I was fascinated with the Paul Forrester character.

Me, too! And the music was so haunting.

Indeed, after knowing both Starman and L&C, I once thought about it what it could've been like if this two Starmen would meet - at least Clark is a reporter and Paul a photographer, so why not?
When I began to discover fanfiction, and L&C fanfic in specific, around September 2018, one of the first fics I read was the L&C/Starman Crossover fic "Friends forever" which I highly enjoyed. (For those who want to red it, it's located here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8164239/1/Friends-Forever It*s worth the read)
I was also one of my first experiences with crossover fanfic and stangely, this story quite good could be a sequel of sorts to this story - I don't know if this was intended or not, but for my inofficial brain canon, it is.

No, this was not written as a sequel to anyone else's story. I'm honored you think it could be.

I love that you used Paul to help Clark and Lois with the clone. His death and the fact that no one seemed to care or could do anything against it was always something that made me sad about that particular episode - though Clark having problems with clones seemes to happen often in Superman-media, like in the Young Justice TV series where Clark wants Conor/Superboy out of his life for no real reason, something that made me dislike this Superman... but well, that's another topic. :-)

I agree, it seemed so sad about how the clone was so alone and died. That's probably the only solution the writers could see to resolve within the time frame of one episode. I always thought it would be interesting if the clone had lived. Although if he was an adult, challenges Clark had when someone tried to expose him as in Top Copy would have been much less dramatic. wink

The idea that the frog part is in charge for David being an adult and simply putting that away and letting him be near the age he should is awesome and very clever.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Like Morgana I'm very curious what happens next, how Clark will deal with David now, and which impact that and having Paul on the scene will have on Clarks relationship with Lois. Not to mention that with the knowledge Lois has now, it's unlikely that she will accept his proposal.

Well, yes, I hope to explore those issues. And my muse informed me that Lex is plotting...

Oh, and I loved the Cat scene - she and Original Paul are very similar characters, when one starts to think about it... :-)

Thanks so much. That's what I thought, too. If there were a scene between them it would definitely be on the dark side of the boards!! lol

However, go on with this!

Working on it. [Linked Image]

Thanks for reading and commenting! wave

Cuidadora

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
OK to be fair I reread the other Story and the Sequel idea is out, because Paul already met Jimmy, Perry and Cat(in a surprisingly similar Scene) there - totally forgotten about this because i were a few years since i read.
But of course that has no Impact, your Story is still as good as Prior :-)

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey Cuidadora!
First, I should say that I have never seen this show, or heard of it, so I have no idea who these people are (other than your explanation), but it sounds interesting.

Second, I kept track of what I was thinking as I read which is fun for me and I hope you enjoy it too. smile

At the end of the first post: What?! You did not just cut it off after he talked to the clone!

When I realized there was another post: Oh thank goodness the rest of it is in the next post! :sigh of relief:

Beginning of second post: Ha! I love stories where Lois realizes earlier what kind of person Lex is.

Near the end of the second post: Oh, this brother of his has a chance? That sounds like a wonderful idea. Can't wait to see how that turns out!

At the end of the second post: Oh you have to write a sequel! I need to see what happens with this clone!

When I realized there was a third post: Holy crap, there's more!

Somewhere in the middle of the third post when I thought about Clark suddenly having a twin: If he stays around in Metropolis, will Clark suddenly have a twin? How will Lois react? Will she figure it out?? Was he always a twin and they were adopted by different families that didn't know it??

At that last hug between them: I'm sure those were all very manly hugs. wink

At the end of the third post: He's 3?! How cute!

I really like what you did here with this episode. I always wondered what it would be like if the Clone hadn't died. And I sincerely hope you intend to write more of this story. I really need to know this 3-year-old Clark-twin and his story! And I hope if involves Lois and Clark! Especially since he's obviously going to be attached to Clark.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Yay! More comments! wave

Originally Posted by JellyS2
Hey Cuidadora!
First, I should say that I have never seen this show, or heard of it, so I have no idea who these people are (other than your explanation), but it sounds interesting.

Second, I kept track of what I was thinking as I read which is fun for me and I hope you enjoy it too. smile

I love to read what others think!

At the end of the first post: What?! You did not just cut it off after he talked to the clone!

When I realized there was another post: Oh thank goodness the rest of it is in the next post! :sigh of relief:

rotflol

Beginning of second post: Ha! I love stories where Lois realizes earlier what kind of person Lex is.

Me, too. I’ve always had a bit of frustration with keeping Lois in the dark without a plausible explanation why an investigative reporter of her caliber would fall hook, line and sinker for Lex without questioning anything about him or his story after the Pilot.

Near the end of the second post: Oh, this brother of his has a chance? That sounds like a wonderful idea. Can't wait to see how that turns out!

At the end of the second post: Oh you have to write a sequel! I need to see what happens with this clone!

When I realized there was a third post: Holy crap, there's more!

lol

Somewhere in the middle of the third post when I thought about Clark suddenly having a twin: If he stays around in Metropolis, will Clark suddenly have a twin? How will Lois react? Will she figure it out?? Was he always a twin and they were adopted by different families that didn't know it??

Good questions. whistle

At that last hug between them: I'm sure those were all very manly hugs. wink

I wrote this thinking of the clone as thinking like a child, not an adult. They were meant to be hugs between an older and younger brother, so as “manly” as the clone with the mind of a child can be. He’s getting hugs from the first person who offered him both a hug and compassion.

At the end of the third post: He's 3?! How cute!

Thanks. Other stories I'm aware of where the clone survived have him as an adult.

I really like what you did here with this episode. I always wondered what it would be like if the Clone hadn't died. And I sincerely hope you intend to write more of this story. I really need to know this 3-year-old Clark-twin and his story! And I hope if involves Lois and Clark! Especially since he's obviously going to be attached to Clark.

Thank you. hyper
Working on the sequel.

Cuidadora

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard