Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285959 11/25/19 01:36 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hang onto your flashlights, FoLCs! This one gets dark!

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating this week!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm so excited to see this finally start posting! You're more than welcome for any help I was able to provide, and I consider getting to now read the finished (agonizing) product more than ample repayment. Let the pain begin! devil

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by DeadlyChakram
Author's Note: This fic was inspired by Nobody, written by Nostalgiakick and Delusions of Grandeur, written by Folc4evernaday, who were answering the challenge issued by Queen of the Capes on the Lois and Clark FanFic Message Boards. The challenge was to have Clark Kent committed to a mental health facility, for any reason and in either of his identities. Both Feli and Val were terrific sounding boards as I worked on this story, and I owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

I'm not sure if 'thanks' is the right word here, but I'm glad to see I was not the only one inspired to completely and utterly destroy all the things by Queenie's challenge.

PS) She's not kidding. help

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Endelda
I'm so excited to see this finally start posting! You're more than welcome for any help I was able to provide, and I consider getting to now read the finished (agonizing) product more than ample repayment. Let the pain begin! devil

Aww, thanks, E! Glad you can finally enjoy the full extent of the horror show I've created. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Originally Posted by DeadlyChakram
Author's Note: This fic was inspired by Nobody, written by Nostalgiakick and Delusions of Grandeur, written by Folc4evernaday, who were answering the challenge issued by Queen of the Capes on the Lois and Clark FanFic Message Boards. The challenge was to have Clark Kent committed to a mental health facility, for any reason and in either of his identities. Both Feli and Val were terrific sounding boards as I worked on this story, and I owe them a huge debt of gratitude.

I'm not sure if 'thanks' is the right word here, but I'm glad to see I was not the only one inspired to completely and utterly destroy all the things by Queenie's challenge.

PS) She's not kidding. help

What can I say? I LOVE inflicting pain and suffering and breaking all the things. You know, in-between the random WAFFs that occasionally sneak out. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Warning: I broke ALL the things.

Oh man, that does not sound good at all....

“Let’s just say that, while I didn’t have to kill anyone,” Nigel offered with a hint of regret in his voice, “I’ve muddied the trails linking you to the city’s organized crime. More precisely, when the former Daily Planet crusaders try to prove that you are a villain, they will, instead, find themselves pinning the blame on a certain head of Intergang.”

Lex’s eyes kindled with a hungry, malevolent light. “Excellent.”

Now I wish we could go back in time and have these two share just ONE scene together. It would have been very cool! Not as strong as when Lane Smith and James Earl Jones were on the screen but it would have been very interesting to say the least. All I can say is, there would have been no love lost between the two most dangerous criminal masterminds in Metropolis' history. shock

“Please, call us Jonathan and Martha,” the kindly older man gently reminded her. But his voice sounded guarded and his words seemed more reflexive than anything else.

Bringing dear Jonathan and Martha into the mix? Luthor does have a hope!

Traveling for a little bit. Going to be a grandma again! Yahoo! party Will peek in to see how this fic is progressing.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi, Morgana!

Let's just say this is probably the darkest thing I've ever written. And I've had Luthor assault Lois where she doesn't know if he or Clark is the father AND I've turned Clark into a remorseless killer. So...there's that. I'm oddly proud of my bleak track record. grin

I agree - Luthor and Church could have made some interesting scenes together. Throw in Church Jr for good measure - he was way more evil than his father.

Jonathan and Martha are definitely in the mix, but well...you'll see how it pans out.

Congrats on the newest grandbaby! Enjoy all the tiny snuggles and all that amazing new baby smell/softness/amazingness!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I am so adding this to my to-read list, although it may have to wait until I'm ready for some deep angst. Thanks for taking up the challenge! laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I am so adding this to my to-read list, although it may have to wait until I'm ready for some deep angst. Thanks for taking up the challenge! laugh

Thanks for the challenge. Sorry it took so long for this to make its way out of my head and onto paper.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard