Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28591 03/18/06 03:54 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Marcus,

I like the start of this -- I've always been a big "Highlander" fan! I'm curious now, how much does Cat know about what's going on? And, it's interesting, 4 years in Paris, and she's just the same? Spent a lot of time with Duncan by the looks of things? And if Connor is in retreat then who is the Immortal that's all of a sudden there? And coincidentally Cat's back? Hmm...

Looking forward to the next part!

Clark's Gal
#28592 03/18/06 04:33 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting start. I'm not a big Highlander fan, but I'm familiar enough with the movies and the series to 'understand' most of what you are putting out there. Especially the devastation at the 'murder' scenes.

A note of caution. Many of the folcs here might not have much, or any, familiarity with the Highlander mythos so anything from there that is crucial to your storyline will need to be explained.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who is not familiar with Tracy Scroggins role in the Highlander continuity)

#28593 03/18/06 09:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've been reading Highlander fanfic for days. This is totally cool. You've captured Connor and Duncan and Cat perfectly!

To those of us familiar with the Highlander universe this rings true. To the fans who are not familiar with Highlander I urge patience. Marcus is doing an *excellent* job and I'm absolutely certain that everything will come clear as Lois and Clark (and Cat and Jimmy) uncover what's going on.

And coincidentally Cat's back? Hmm...
Nah, I don't think so. If it was her, she'd be sabotaging the investigation rather than leading it along so sweetly.

Marcus, this is pure genius. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

#28594 03/18/06 09:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Marcus, this is such a great premise — I used to be a huge fan of Highlander: The Series. And your dialogue, in particular, is fantastic. Can't wait to read your next chapter!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#28595 03/19/06 02:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting.

Russell Nash was the alias used by Connor MacLeod in the first Highlander film. His marriage to forensic metallurgist Brenda and her subsequent death were mentioned in later films, as far as I can remember without details
thumbsup No wonder sound familiar.

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#28596 03/20/06 03:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am familiar enough to get most of this, but strangely enough, I never saw the movies all the way through, so the explaination above helped alot.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#28597 03/21/06 07:32 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Whoo hoo! I was so excited to see this! You've managed to merge the Highlander and Lois and Clark Universe together excellently. I must confess that I attempted a fic very much like this when I was about 13 or 14...mercifully the disc that contained it has been lost wink Are you planning to bring Methos, Amanda or Richie into this or will it just be Duncan?

Can't wait to see more!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
#28598 03/22/06 08:39 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by tvnerdgirl:
Whoo hoo! I was so excited to see this! You've managed to merge the Highlander and Lois and Clark Universe together excellently. I must confess that I attempted a fic very much like this when I was about 13 or 14...mercifully the disc that contained it has been lost wink Are you planning to bring Methos, Amanda or Richie into this or will it just be Duncan?

Can't wait to see more!
Well, if you read part 2 you'll know part of the answer. None of the three characters you mention above will be in it, however.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard