Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So the first Act is finally over. Sorry it took me so long to update. Life has been very busy lately and my muse has barely been among the living.

Anyway, I'm in the process of writing the next Act now, which will tie up the loose ends from Act 1 and bring in a new enemy. So, until Act 2, please let me know what you think about the story so far smile

Chapter 14/14

Last edited by Blueowl; 10/08/19 04:47 PM.
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
What an incredible story my heart was in my throat as I was reading it and I just want you to know that I absolutely cannot wait until the next segment

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If this is the First Act, I can hardly wait to see what happens with the second act. hyper Please sweet talk your muse and see how what she comes up with!

Last edited by Morgana; 10/08/19 04:11 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I too am calling out to your muse. I recognize they can be difficult. But if you want sounding boards to throw ideas against, I volunteer.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Y-yeah, I'm okay. Just nicked myself a bit. I--oh! It just healed," Superman said from the other side.
grin Love this line.

Excellent end of Act 1! Can't wait to see what caused that sonic boom!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, what a story! clap Love the details you've added, and Superman's slower recovery. Looking forward to Act Two.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Blueowl, this has to be some of your best work yet!

From the prologue to the lowering of the curtain in the last chapter, Act I fully captured my attention! The universe you created, although familiar, was similarly new and inimitable; compelling me to enter and participate both mentally and emotionally. Some scene descriptions felt so real--up close and personal; like Superman’s flight back to earth after Nightfall. I was spellbound by the description of the accident involving the young boy, Luke. And then later, the letter written to Superman by his sister just further enhanced the breadth of this account.

The detail and depth of characterization of your secondary players conveys a deeper dimension to the story, creating a more interesting world with multifaceted plots and colors -- Something that was notably missing from the television series. It also serves to improve the scope of the core characters. For example, Eleanor Lonham, one of my favorites, actually generates more respect and appreciation for Lois Lane.

I found the story to be very entertaining and very satisfying. Looking forward to the next ACT. Thanks for sharing your work!

Blueowl Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow, I can't believe I didn't reply to these reviews.... some of which were years ago....

Anyway!

L - So glad you liked it, and obviously my muse has since recovered

Morgana - Thanks, and thanks again for helping me out with this huge series ^_^ Act 3 is in progress.

JellyS2 - Thanks, I always enjoy showing Clark/Superman experience human things smile

cuidadora - ^_^ Some of the details in this Act show up again in Act 3. I like reusing secondary characters.

Penny_Lane - So glad you enjoyed ^_^. I really like creating every day characters and having them do extraordinary things. As for the next Act, just in case you haven't seen, I've written a few more smile1. Feel free to check them out: Investigate: Intergang, Investigate: Time Interlude and first chapter of Act 3: Baked

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard