Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark's been a busy bee with his journals!

Also, busy weekend for me, so early posting for you! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOOHOO!! I was hoping that's what the notebooks were! Go Clark!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
This peace,love and happiness stuff makes me nervous.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
why do I have a feeling that a thunderstorm is on his way?lol

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Endelda
WOOHOO!! I was hoping that's what the notebooks were! Go Clark!

Haha, I know that's been killing you! Glad you were right in your guess and thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by SJH
This peace,love and happiness stuff makes me nervous.

devil devil devil devil

And only a single chapter to go!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
why do I have a feeling that a thunderstorm is on his way?lol

Hahaha, there just may be one... devilsplat

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Maybe it's my own cynicism, but two WAFFY chapters in a row in this story makes me also think there's more challenges or worse on the way.

Glad to see Clark's notebooks were what I guessed. Like his explanation of why he wrote them and his insight into his own character. thumbsup

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Maybe it's my own cynicism, but two WAFFY chapters in a row in this story makes me also think there's more challenges or worse on the way.

Glad to see Clark's notebooks were what I guessed. Like his explanation of why he wrote them and his insight into his own character. thumbsup

Well, Clark's former master IS still lurking out there... devil

Clark's got some serious, life long PTSD to deal with after Lex's treatment of him. It would take him years, if ever, before he'd feel confident enough to take the stand and face his "brother." And writing is sometimes easier than speaking things aloud, so it made sense for Clark to write out his confessions.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 13

Boy, he’s really messed up, isn’t he?

Chapter 14

You enjoyed listing out the horrible ways Clark could kill Lex, didn’t you 😉

I like how Clark was given just enough to question the thoughts running through his head, but not so much he would reject the information, allowed instead to come to his own conclusions – nature vs nurture again it seems.

Chapter 15

Awww. He loves her.

Chapter 16

Ooh, Kansas?

Chapter 17

I love how mundane the activities they’re doing that Clark is unfamiliar with. I also love how Jonathan and Martha have appearances. Could it be that this farmhouse they are at used to be theirs??

Chapter 18

Oh, how I love the dropper of change. Just a bit at a time.

Chapter 19

The last shreds of his brusque cynicism melted away, and like the mythical phoenix, he felt himself reborn from the ashes of his old life in the fire of his passion, rising again as a new person completely.
Beautiful. Tear. Favorite line of the whole thing (unless another one outshines it).

Chapter 20

So will Superman be showing up before this is over?

Chapter 21

So I was right about the journals.

And on to the last one. Yay!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I think Clark's journals were a good move. I had been thinking some of the same things that Clark expressed about him taking the stand: he would be in the same room with Lex, who would try to manipulate him and get in his head. I'll admit that I hadn't actually considered that Nigel or Mrs. Cox might be in the audience with Kryptonite. That actually sounds pretty likely.

One thing Clark doesn't seem to have realized is that him coming forward at all means that the authorities will need to know who he is. He does have a birth certificate and legal identity, even if he wants to distance himself from it. (He could always legally change his name once the trial is over.) Him being Kal Luthor is integral to how Lex manipulated and abused him.

Lex giving him the name "Clark Kent" is kind of weird all around, since he didn't let Clark interact with anyone, except that it serves to distance Kal from Lex as his brother, but Clark doesn't seem to have noticed that.

All in all, "Kal Luthor" will need to be the one to come forward and testify, and then he can be declared legally alive. I can see why Clark would want Lois' contacts to make him a new identity from scratch to try to distance himself from his past, but he doesn't actually need to do that in order to have a legal (alive) identity.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I think Clark's journals were a good move. I had been thinking some of the same things that Clark expressed about him taking the stand: he would be in the same room with Lex, who would try to manipulate him and get in his head. I'll admit that I hadn't actually considered that Nigel or Mrs. Cox might be in the audience with Kryptonite. That actually sounds pretty likely.

One thing Clark doesn't seem to have realized is that him coming forward at all means that the authorities will need to know who he is. He does have a birth certificate and legal identity, even if he wants to distance himself from it. (He could always legally change his name once the trial is over.) Him being Kal Luthor is integral to how Lex manipulated and abused him.

Lex giving him the name "Clark Kent" is kind of weird all around, since he didn't let Clark interact with anyone, except that it serves to distance Kal from Lex as his brother, but Clark doesn't seem to have noticed that.

All in all, "Kal Luthor" will need to be the one to come forward and testify, and then he can be declared legally alive. I can see why Clark would want Lois' contacts to make him a new identity from scratch to try to distance himself from his past, but he doesn't actually need to do that in order to have a legal (alive) identity.

You are, of course, right. But Clark's not thinking straight. And Lois is willing to do whatever it takes to get Clark free of his old life.

And you're very right in that Lex is distancing and destroying the identity of Kal Luthor and any ties Clark has to him as a brother. He doesn't really want Clark thinking of himself as his brother (note that Lex never calls him brother when speaking to him). He wants Clark to forget he was ever a Luthor as he twists him into his own servant.

I think it's extremely likely Lex would plant his own assassin in the courtroom (or even more likely, outside of it) to kill his super assassin. Clark is way too much of a liability to him. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard