Next Thread
Print Thread
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Story

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! grin

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Eeeee! I love it! clap

So cute and sweet and little Joey is adorable! ^_^

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OMG that was adorable, E! I LOVE it! I always love the idea of Jimmy finding out and I can relate to Lois and Clark's sadness/jealousy/but still happy for you feelings when Lucy and Jimmy made their announcement. Being the ones left waiting stinks. But I'm glad to see Dr. Klein was wrong and their happy ending is on the way too.

Awesome fic, please give us more! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Aww... too cute!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Eeeee! I love it! clap

So cute and sweet and little Joey is adorable! ^_^

Thanks Queenie! laugh

I always worry that I'm either writing children as too cutesy or too mature, I'm glad you felt like Joey hit that middle ground of adorable!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
OMG that was adorable, E! I LOVE it! I always love the idea of Jimmy finding out and I can relate to Lois and Clark's sadness/jealousy/but still happy for you feelings when Lucy and Jimmy made their announcement. Being the ones left waiting stinks. But I'm glad to see Dr. Klein was wrong and their happy ending is on the way too.

Thanks Vicki, I'm glad you liked it! I'm actually kind of ambivalent about anyone but Lois (and maybe Dr. Klein) finding out, but the revelation scene popped into my head and wouldn't go away - thank goodness I had Feli to help me with the medical bits!

I'm also relieved to hear that I got Lois's reaction to Lucy's pregnancy right, I was really worried about accidentally writing something hurtful there.

Yes indeed, happy ending on the way! I guess Dr. Klein will have to do some recalculating! goofy

Awesome fic, please give us more!

[Linked Image] thanks! I'll see what I can do laugh

Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Aww... too cute!

Thanks for reading, I'm glad you liked it! laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Endelda, what a great little summer story! laugh I could taste the lemonade and feel the happiness vibes at that backyard gathering. So nice to see Lucy married to Jim Their son, Joey, is adorable. He will be a great older cousin.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Morgana
Endelda, what a great little summer story! laugh I could taste the lemonade and feel the happiness vibes at that backyard gathering. So nice to see Lucy married to Jim Their son, Joey, is adorable. He will be a great older cousin.

Thanks Morgana, I'm glad you liked the story! I could see them so clearly in my head, all having a great time at Lois & Clark's special announcement BBQ, and I'm glad that at least some of that came through on the page.

Thanks for reading! laugh

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh that was adorable and what a perfect ending.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by jackiek
Oh that was adorable and what a perfect ending.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I actually played around with the ending a bit to get the announcement down to five words lol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice, Endelda. I'm glad you answered the challenge with something closer to Val's expectations. I'm also glad you showed us Lucy's difficulties at childbirth in a flashback after we knew both she and her son were fine and dandy. Letting something happen to either Lucy or the baby would have been Lex-level cruel.

And this was precious:

Everyone smiled at Joey’s happy shouts as Clark started to spin around slowly, then burst into laughter when the small boy flung his arms out in front of himself and cried “I Supaman! I save you, Aunt Lois!”

Lois glared at her sister. “Oh, ha ha, very funny. Did you teach him that?”

Lucy grinned back with sparkling eyes, completely unrepentant. “I didn’t have to!”

I admit it, I laughed. Tempus would have loved the irony. Not the announcement, of course, but...

Cool story! Do another one! Even better (assuming that's possible)!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi Terry, thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Letting something happen to either Lucy or the baby would have been Lex-level cruel.

Honestly it never occurred to me to have anything irrevocably horrible happen to Lucy or her baby (the ladies in Hangouts chat assure me that I have some Lex-level evil in me somewhere, but I can't seem to get it onto the page) grumble

I really enjoyed writing Joey's enthusiasm for making sure Aunt Lois stays safe. Apparently her status as Superman's #1 Frequent Flier is even obvious to the tots in Metropolis. I'm glad it made you laugh!

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Cool story! Do another one! Even better (assuming that's possible)!

I have little plot bunnies nipping at my heels and a big (for me) multi-chapter one that I'm struggling to finish. I don't know about better, but I'll try not to do any worse huh grin

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey E! wave

First, off I have to say how much I absolutely love little Joey. I am just in awe of how much he reminds me of Wyatt and his little antics. Great job on your Original Character!

Second, what a delightful twist on this challenge. I love it! This is such a sweet little WAFFY tale and it absolutely made my day!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard