Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Very well done! clap Major kudos to you, DC. Terrific story. I couldn't have pulled this one off, so I'm glad your muse enslaved you and focused on this tale. Outstanding!

Loved Sam calling in Greg House to consult, and House just leaving (and skipping clinic hours - again!) and stealing Cuddy's car for the trip. Hey, will Superman put House in the car and carry the car back? Or will Cuddy have to report her car as stolen?

The only scene you didn't include that I wish you had was Lois beating the snot out of the arrogant, supercilious Doctor House. Failing that, she could have thanked him for saving Clark and then told him to stay at least twenty miles from her or she'd kill him - or worse, get his medical license revoked. I liked the show, especially in the earlier seasons, but as I told my wife a number of times, I would never work for him. I'd be tempted to put my fist through his face, and that makes for a stressful workplace - not the kind of job most people would want.

Again, great job. My highest compliments. If all mashups were this good, we'd have a section of the message boards dedicated to just crossovers. Loved it!

Aww, thanks so much, Terry! smile My muse is now purring at me and asking to consider doing other random mashups. Remains to be seen...

I figured House would LOVE the opportunity to get out of clinic hours again (also giving Clark a nice way to repay the favor by helping him out when he gets back - flying Cuddy's car back with House in it to boot).

I considered having a more fiery Lois, but given that House is the only one with a chance of saving Clark, she probably would have swallowed down the instinct to behead the doctor with a kitchen knife. grin

I recently got my parents into House and we all keep saying that he's good, but dear God I'd fire him if he was my doctor (we've had the unfortunate experience of having doctors who thought they were on par with God.)

Thanks again for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I know,” Sam acquiesced. “But I can’t do this alone. Luckily, I know a doctor…brilliant man. A bit…brash and hard to get along with. But if anyone can diagnose your friend’s illness, it’s Greg.” He nodded to Lois. “It’s okay, Princess. He’ll understand the need for discretion in this case. If we can even get him here.”

I used to be a big fan of House, but as the series dragged on, his behavior, which at times was more than cruel, really got on my nerves.

“Superman?” the man said to no one in particular, his chin jutting out slightly in a way that spoke of his curiosity about the case. His smile widened into a grin. “Interesting.” He brought his gaze back to Clark. He did not offer his hands to shake as he introduced himself. “Good news, Superman. I’m Dr. House. I’ll be the one saving your life.”

Yup, that is definitely Greg House. The man is so arrogant, he makes Lex Luthor seem downright humble in comparison. Still, no one could touch him in the arena of diagnostics. A good choice on Sam Lane's part. In a dire situation like this you only call in the very best.

No one can ever know about your differences, he heard his father’s voice whisper from the distant past, when Clark was just a gangly teenager developing super abilities by the day. Some scientist will track you down, put you in a lab, and dissect you like a frog. You have to be careful, Clark.

Oh dear, that well-meaning advise is now coming back to bother Clark, especially when dealing with a man like House.

Dr. House shook his head and cracked his knuckles in a carefree manner. “Judging by the fact that Metropolis hasn’t seen massive amounts of people dropping like flies lately, I’d say no. It probably affects only you. Which means it’s probably not something of this Earth.”

The man is a medical detective on the lines of Sherlock Holmes.

More comments to come later.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I honestly don't know where to start Vicki.

1) You did something I never thought was possible. Make a House/LnC crossover...and it WORKED!

Major kudos!!

2) I love how you wrote House here. It's great and it totally works in this ep rewrite.

wave I love it! It's great!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, here are my other thoughts on the excellent crossover!

House shrugged broadly. “It doesn’t. But I’m guessing mom and pop in-law don’t know yet, or they’d be a lot more concerned about your rapidly declining health.” His eyes flickered as he stared off into the distance, as if it helped him organize his thought process. “What if the worst happens, despite my best efforts, hmm? Have you given again thought to that? A grieving Kent family. A heartbroken fiancée. And no Clark Kent to support everyone.” He spread his hands, palms up, and moved them up and down as though weighing the words he was saying.

Who died and put Greg House in charge? He has no clue of all the grief and problems Clark experiences as Superman, nor does he realize just how dangerous such knowledge can be.

“You’d better explain yourself clearly right this instant,” Martha fairly thundered. Clark nearly smiled at the tone. He’d heard it more than once when his mother had been so angry with him that she’d threatened to “tan his hide like cheap leather,” if only she’d been able to.

Ah, Martha, ever the voice of reason and determination. Nobody cut through the chaff to get to the wheat like this Mom! Personally, I think it would have been great to have her take him down several pegs.

“Then how do you know you won’t screw this up?” Martha exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air in exasperation.

“Look, Betty Crocker, I’m the one with the medical degree,” House snapped hotly. “I’ve pulled off more dangerous stunts than this.”

“Yeah, really comforting,” Martha muttered darkly.

When a loved one's life is at stake the emotions come flying out of everywhere. Why could House understand that? Also, just because he has a medical degree, House never could appreciate treating the whole patient, he only ever saw the disease. Its a pity, if compassion and empathy were a part of his life the man would have been MUCH happier and so would his team and patients.

The Lanes response to the secret being revealed was great and spot on. It would take time but they would have gotten used to it.

Inviting House for dinner? Maybe. If only to understand the man rather than the doctor.

Would I have worked for such a man, despite his genius? Never.

This was a great story DC, one of the best crossovers I have read in a long time. Bravo! party

Last edited by Morgana; 07/30/19 01:00 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I honestly don't know where to start Vicki.

1) You did something I never thought was possible. Make a House/LnC crossover...and it WORKED!

Major kudos!!

2) I love how you wrote House here. It's great and it totally works in this ep rewrite.

wave I love it! It's great!

Aww, thanks, Val! I was surprised myself at how well House fit into this episode without really upsetting the way it ended. I'm glad you enjoyed this weird little rewrite - it's always a bit fun to write a really snarky character.

Now, if my muse cooperates and I get more than a minute here and there to be on the boards, I'd love to tackle more weird mashups.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana,

Thanks for reading and commenting! So glad you enjoyed it. I loved putting such a hard-nose, snarky character in with our favorite couple. I do agree - House is unparalleled in his abilities, but I'd have a hard time not tearing him to shreds. Good thing Lois, Clark, and company have more patience than I do...but it helps that they know flaying House alive won't help Clark at all. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that when you originally posted, I somehow only caught the last part of the post. It was good, but I went back yesterday to read it again and discovered that there was more and it was amazing.

I love the interactions between House and Lois, the way he bullied Clark into revealing the truth to the Lanes, their reaction, Martha's and Lois's protectiveness of Clark, and all the entertaining snark from all directions.

I've only seen a few episodes of House (medical shows don't really do it for me), but from what I've seen of the show you nailed his characterization.

Well done, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Endelda
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that when you originally posted, I somehow only caught the last part of the post. It was good, but I went back yesterday to read it again and discovered that there was more and it was amazing.

I love the interactions between House and Lois, the way he bullied Clark into revealing the truth to the Lanes, their reaction, Martha's and Lois's protectiveness of Clark, and all the entertaining snark from all directions.

I've only seen a few episodes of House (medical shows don't really do it for me), but from what I've seen of the show you nailed his characterization.

Well done, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Okay, now that is hilarious, E! rotflol Glad you got the whole story. I can imagine that was confusing at first!

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer

rotflol So you missed the beginning and read the ending first? Sounds like some mystery novel reading I used to do wink Thanks for the giggle, E. Glad you finally read the whole thing. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Rats. It's NEVER Lupus.

Brilliant job! *Wanders off to rewatch House*

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday

rotflol So you missed the beginning and read the ending first? Sounds like some mystery novel reading I used to do wink Thanks for the giggle, E. Glad you finally read the whole thing. thumbsup

Ack! How did I miss your feedback? Thanks, Val! Glad you enjoyed it and all the random ideas it spawned in chat! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Bean22
Rats. It's NEVER Lupus.

Brilliant job! *Wanders off to rewatch House*

Haha! My husband and I (and now my mom and I since I got her to watch the show) always joke about how Lupus is the go-to diagnosis on the show. And how it's NEVER Lupus. laugh

Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard