Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I know, it's a weird mashup. But I've been watching House reruns lately and the muse begged me (read: chained me to the computer and refused to work on anything else until this was written). I hope you enjoy it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Clever premise! And House would be a good fit for this particular episode given the strange cases he and team encountered

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Great story in itself. I enjoyed reading it.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was fun! House is such an interesting character.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was great! And I think you nailed House's personality here.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great story. I always wondered how they got Clark home.
And you wrote House spot on: snarky, arrogant and rude. I'm glad the Lanes responded the way they did. Hopefully they can keep it a secret.
Thanks for writing.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh! You posted it!... Okay I will be back with more later after I have some time to sit down and savor this.

clap

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love it! I LOVE IT! clap

First of all, thanks so much for writing a House Xover! sloppy I've been wanting one for years! And this was a delight from start to finish!

I got a real kick out of this part:

“Did you figure out how to save him?” Lois asked, loudly voicing the question burning on everyone’s tongue.

House’s eyes closed for a second as he shook his head as he drank in the tension in the air. “Nope!” The word came out sounding optimistic. He opened his eyes and lowered them, appearing to look at everyone and no one in the same instant. “I figured out how to kill him.”

rotflol

Everything was just wonderful! Kudos! clap

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Clever premise! And House would be a good fit for this particular episode given the strange cases he and team encountered

Thanks so much! This whole fix started off as an off-handed quip in the Hangouts chat, but the more I thought about it, the more the idea wouldn't let go. House fit only too perfectly- so much that I considered cutting the Lanes completely out. (But the revelation was too hard to resist.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Sparkyfire
Great story in itself. I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
That was fun! House is such an interesting character.

He is! I actually just got my parents watching House and my mom always comments on how insane and insensitive his remarks to patients are. It was fun to pair him against the world's biggest Boy Scout.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by JellyS2
That was great! And I think you nailed House's personality here.

Thank you! I had to go back a bunch of times and rewrite the House stuff..."Nope, he's not snarky enough...nope, that's too nice a thing for him to say..." It was a lot of fun though!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Great story. I always wondered how they got Clark home.
And you wrote House spot on: snarky, arrogant and rude. I'm glad the Lanes responded the way they did. Hopefully they can keep it a secret.
Thanks for writing.

Thanks! I figured it had to be either a taxi or Lois' Jeep since he was in no condition to fly. But a cab would be way too attention grabbing.

Writing House was fun. I got a thrill out of using his theory of "everybody lies" against Superman.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
oooh! You posted it!... Okay I will be back with more later after I have some time to sit down and savor this.

clap

Thanks, Val! It wound up being a LOT longer than I ever anticipated it would be. But since when does my muse ever listen?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
I love it! I LOVE IT! clap

First of all, thanks so much for writing a House Xover! sloppy I've been wanting one for years! And this was a delight from start to finish!

I got a real kick out of this part:

“Did you figure out how to save him?” Lois asked, loudly voicing the question burning on everyone’s tongue.

House’s eyes closed for a second as he shook his head as he drank in the tension in the air. “Nope!” The word came out sounding optimistic. He opened his eyes and lowered them, appearing to look at everyone and no one in the same instant. “I figured out how to kill him.”

rotflol

Everything was just wonderful! Kudos! clap

Aww, thanks, Queenie! The idea started as an off-handed comment on the chat boards but then wouldn't leave me alone so it had to be done. And you pulled out my favorite part to write. I can SO see House taking pleasure from shocking everyone with the idea of "killing" Clark. (I also loved him telling Superman "Everybody lies." Such a House trademark.)

Thanks for reading it and glad I could fill in a crossover gap for you! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Even though I've never seen House, I did find this a delightful tale. The sarcasm was perfect, and loved seeing Lois respond to House's lack of compassion and arrogance. Well done!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Even though I've never seen House, I did find this a delightful tale. The sarcasm was perfect, and loved seeing Lois respond to House's lack of compassion and arrogance. Well done!

Aww, thanks! I probably never would have watched House if not for my husband deciding to binge it back in 2012. I'm not one for doctor shows but I loved how sarcastic House was so I wound up watching with him. It was fun to pit him against Lois and see how she'd give him back as well as he gave. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What a great take on the episode. I’ve never seen the show but I do know of the character. I really enjoyed it.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
What a great take on the episode. I’ve never seen the show but I do know of the character. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks, Jackie! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very well done! clap Major kudos to you, DC. Terrific story. I couldn't have pulled this one off, so I'm glad your muse enslaved you and focused on this tale. Outstanding!

Loved Sam calling in Greg House to consult, and House just leaving (and skipping clinic hours - again!) and stealing Cuddy's car for the trip. Hey, will Superman put House in the car and carry the car back? Or will Cuddy have to report her car as stolen?

The only scene you didn't include that I wish you had was Lois beating the snot out of the arrogant, supercilious Doctor House. Failing that, she could have thanked him for saving Clark and then told him to stay at least twenty miles from her or she'd kill him - or worse, get his medical license revoked. I liked the show, especially in the earlier seasons, but as I told my wife a number of times, I would never work for him. I'd be tempted to put my fist through his face, and that makes for a stressful workplace - not the kind of job most people would want.

Again, great job. My highest compliments. If all mashups were this good, we'd have a section of the message boards dedicated to just crossovers. Loved it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard