Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#285272 07/24/19 04:48 PM
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Chapter 33. I went back and forth on how this chapter would end for literally 3 months, at least. Once I found out what excuse Lois would use to explain herself to Lex way back in Chapter 10 or 11, I thought it was only an excuse. But then I began to wonder if it wasn't really just a ruse. And then when Lex confirmed it, I wasn't sure if he was lying or for once telling the truth. You might even be mad at me at this point, and I can't fault you for that. I just hope you'll keep reading.

More songs that Lois and Clark are listening too. Did I mention that in my original dream version it was marzipan instead of songs that unlocked memories? I like the songs better. smile
What Can I Say After I Say I'm Sorry (A personal favorite)
If You Said No
You're My Everything
Almost forgot! There's another hidden song in the dialogue (not so hidden given the title wink).
I'm Lost

Thanks for reading! I hope you'll comment too! You have made it 93% through the story.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great chapter. I know the dilemma you found yourself in. I've been there once or twice back when I was a writer of fanfic myself.
I'm definitely going to read till the end.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I need to read this story!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Now I am even more curious for the end of the story

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by bakasi
Another great chapter. I know the dilemma you found yourself in. I've been there once or twice back when I was a writer of fanfic myself.
Thanks! There were so many things I had trouble deciding on in this story, but this was definitely the biggest one. I also went back and forth on how it would come out, and who would say what, and when, and ... sheesh. Its no wonder it took me months to write it.
I'm definitely going to read till the end.
Glad to hear it. I can't believe its almost over!

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by L
I need to read this story!
[Linked Image] But I'm admittedly biased about that. smile

JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Now I am even more curious for the end of the story
thumbsup Glad I've got you hooked!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
@L - yes, you do, you need to read this excellent story from the beginning.

Jelly, you've done it again. Now we get to wait to find out just how pregnant Lois is. If it's two and a half months, Clark is the baby daddy, but if it's six or seven weeks, well...we have another reason to pour stale urine on Lex' grave.

Love Clark's declaration of love and commitment to Lois. Her time with Lex was NOT her fault! She was coerced and forced to be his - ick, I can't write the term for married female spouse here. She will have to forgive herself for being with him, because it was never her decision to be with Lex. Lex literally stole her from her home and her husband. And even though his plan fits the character you've built for him, I still can't believe he thought he'd get away with it. The man was definitely a taco shy of a combo meal.

I can hardly wait for the next two chapters. These people are due for some real WAFFy times. I envision a great many couples reuniting (surely there was some collateral damage among the non-Daily Planet staff), and maybe some who will suffer broken hearts, if not physical injuries. I sincerely hope the doctor gets lots and lots of prison time with convicts who lost some memories they would have preferred to stay gone and got them back rather abruptly.

Is part 34 up yet? No?! Oh, come on!!!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
@L - yes, you do, you need to read this excellent story from the beginning.
Yay! Its not just me grin

Jelly, you've done it again. Now we get to wait to find out just how pregnant Lois is. If it's two and a half months, Clark is the baby daddy, but if it's six or seven weeks, well...we have another reason to pour stale urine on Lex' grave.
You've just hit on another decision I spent countless hours pondering. As well as how they'd figure it out and when and who would help them and ... To be completely honest, I think this was the last decision I made ... after I continually put it off until it was apparent that I couldn't finish the story without answering it.

Love Clark's declaration of love and commitment to Lois. Her time with Lex was NOT her fault! She was coerced and forced to be his - ick, I can't write the term for married female spouse here. She will have to forgive herself for being with him, because it was never her decision to be with Lex. Lex literally stole her from her home and her husband. And even though his plan fits the character you've built for him, I still can't believe he thought he'd get away with it. The man was definitely a taco shy of a combo meal.
Lex's brain is most definitely wired differently. I wonder what they'd find if they studied it. And Clark, he's like the polar opposite. Deep down, Clark is genuinely good. Even after all the crap Lex did to him, his innate goodness was able to shin through.

I can hardly wait for the next two chapters. These people are due for some real WAFFy times. I envision a great many couples reuniting (surely there was some collateral damage among the non-Daily Planet staff), and maybe some who will suffer broken hearts, if not physical injuries. I sincerely hope the doctor gets lots and lots of prison time with convicts who lost some memories they would have preferred to stay gone and got them back rather abruptly.
If anyone deserves some WAFFy times, it's these two. Is it spoiling anything if I say there is some WAFFiness on the way? I mean, I already said I am a huge fan of happy endings. Of course, we've also established that I've got a pretty mean evil streak going as well... wink

Is part 34 up yet? No?! Oh, come on!!!
Just a few more hours. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, Lois is pregnant? shock Yikes is the only word I can think of right now.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
JellyS2 Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
So, Lois is pregnant? shock Yikes is the only word I can think of right now.
I know! I went back and forth on that one. Wrote the ending a few different ways. Second guessed myself. Third guessed myself. Fourth guessed myself. Talked to a bunch of people about it. Changed my mind again. Fretted over it. Slept on it. Ignored it for a while. Finished the rest of the story. Came back to it. Changed my mind some more. Then came to the conclusion that it had to be that way. I can't tell you why though, its a secret. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard