Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Well, here it is... as threatened. A-plot. I hope you enjoy it more than Lois enjoys her beansprouts. smile

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah. I liked it more than Lois and her sprouts.

Nice A plot. And A plots don't generally do a lot for me. So, two thumbs up.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice, Chris. smile

I like how your wild-eyed idealist isn't all that wild-eyed at all. I especially enjoyed Lois using all those fishing metaphors when she considered the situation. Very appropriate. smile

I'm a little worried about CJ, though. While his bitter observations are no doubt true, they also seem to signal a regression back into the resignation of his pre-Herb/LnC days. Please let him hold on to his optimism! Even if Lois needs to wear a pink carnation in her buttonhole as a reminder! goofy

Great stuff, Chris. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, we've got more! smile

Great descriptions of Saxon and his natural habitat wink And it's nice to know it's not just all a fish story goofy

I'm wondering whether you'll be bringing Constance Hunter into the picture sooner or later, or if she's just a nod to the fans.

The nitty-gritty of the plot was fairly gritty <g> but I think you did a great job of it. Of course, I used to type papers about air and water pollution...

And okay, it's not criminal prosecution yet -- but if they create a big enough stink, they might find all sorts of information floating to the surface.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
So we bring a little A plot into the mix. That works okay for me. Now we just need to set up some whams.

CJ is right, environmental abuses, even if found to be substanciated in court, won't even touch Luthor. He's far enough removed from the day to day activities of those companies to be able to appear blameless if he needs to be.

So that means that they have to stir up a few other hornets' nests so that someone can try to kill them and then CJ can connect Lois' death to Luthor and eventually bring him down. (er, did I say too much?)

Tank (who thinks that CJ should talk to this guy Connor about bringing Luthor down, maybe they could team up)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

Excellent A-plot development! thumbsup
Hopefully the environmental issues will lead to more information. Maybe enough to prove criminal charges against Luthor. clap

I'm enjoying this immensely and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Good plot advancement. I want to see Luthor implicated in something big. The guy's arrogance always thoroughly ticked me off, and this Luthor is almost worse than the one in the original L and C universe.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey chris. i like the plot. don't know if it's you, your BRs, or both, but it definitely looks good to me. smile

i like dr saxon.

this lead looks like it could go to bigger things, too. i believe bribing a federal official is a major offense...

also like lois's fishing metaphor. smile

nice work. smile

also, thanks for reminding me... there's a toxic waste dump near my house that i've been meaning to look up. got a blood test coming up on thursday. we're hoping to track down the source of some of my health problems. your story reminded me to look into the site, and when i checked the EPA listings for my county, i got 68 hits. so now we have a few more things we can check for...

anyway, looking forward to part 14. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hazel: don't worry, CJ isn't going to get stuck in a quicksand of depression.

Pam: why do I need Constance Hunter when I've got a handful of other lawyers to play around with? wink
Seriously, she was just a nod to the fans... but anyone else whose name you recognise probably ought to be treated with suspicion... along with a few names that are of my own creation.

No, they haven't got to a criminal prosecution yet, but give them time. I'm sure they'll work something out between them.

Nan: I'm sure your patience will be rewarded re Luthor.

Tank: Connor? Huh?

Thanks to Paul, Tricia, Maria and Jen for your comments, too. Doubly valued, since they related to the A-plot!

Chris

Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
great part
sorry I'm behind
I see part 14
merry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard