Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I apologize in advance for the gigantic images eek

I met Dean (*squeee!*) for the first time at a con in Houston last September, and decided that I wanted to make something for him. I'd recently discovered that Funko made a Clark Kent pop, but the figure had a fedora on and that just wasn't right for our Clark.

After a bit of searching, I found another pop that had the right hairstyle (and also had glasses! Bonus!)

[Linked Image]

If you boil a Funko pop for three minutes, the adhesive softens and you can remove things like their glasses and their heads devil

[Linked Image]

Once all the adhesive is soft enough, you can make a really creepy display on your kitchen counter!
(You can also give yourself a whopper of a burn when you forget that boiling water will drain out of those holes for their glasses and not just the big hole in the bottoms of their plastic craniums)

[Linked Image]

Did I mention that I got two of each base figure? No? I got two of each base figure.

Once you've pulled everyone apart, you can then put them back together however you want to grin Twins!

[Linked Image]

You can then take them out to meet people, like this guy!

[Linked Image]

And you can let him keep one, which he'll be ridiculously sweet and excited about, and ask politely if he'll sign the one you plan to take back home.

[Linked Image]

I hope you enjoyed my silly adventure in basic Funko pop customizing, and these ridiculously large photos that I couldn't figure out how to shrink down any further [Linked Image]

I would have posted back in September, but I mislaid the little guy and only found him again this weekend shock

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hahaha that is SO awesome, E! Very creepy at points, but hey, I like creepy. So, um, you plan on making more of these and selling them so I can buy one, yes?

No? Aww...boo! Lucky Dean...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'll admit I was a little creeped out about the boiling of the Funkos, but I have to say your little adventure and walkthrough in the customization of the Funko Clark is awesome. How incredible that you not only got to get Dean's autograph on your creation but you have a one of a kind Clark Kent funko that only Dean himself has.

Thanks for the pics. (I don't mind the large images) Great job! Thanks for sharing.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Endelda Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Sorry for the creepy factor, I don't know if it makes it better or worse to admit that I was giggling and saying "We have ways of making you talk, Mr. Kent!" the whole time >.>

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
This is really cool. It's great that you had the opportunity to meet Dean and give him one, too. I'm sure he appreciated the unique gift. I met him myself a couple of years back, and he's definitely among the more fan friendly stars one can meet at a con.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard